Stand with Phil

josephmrtn

Actually Culver - there are two aspects of the First Amendment that include the Establishment clause (gov can't take any action to establish a religion) and the free exercise clause (allows individuals to speak their mind with certain limitations (ex. yelling fire in a crowded theater)). 

and both deal with our relationship to the Government and NOT a private company. For example you can be arrested for yelling fire in a crowded theater.

• Like 1

I didn't follow your point Culver, but you are correct.  Assuming its an employment relationship between Phil and A&E (which I doubt) - the 1st amendment can only be invoked in terms of a retaliation claim against public employers - not private employers.  Again, I agree that the issue is not constitutional but rather contractual.

For all the lefties out there I am going to let you in on an idea since it seems there will be some open time slots on A&E to fill in when the Robertson family walks.

Pitch a show of homosexuals that open a shop and work making vibrators and you can call it Dick Dynasty.

Looking for investors?

For all the lefties out there I am going to let you in on an idea since it seems there will be some open time slots on A&E to fill in when the Robertson family walks.

Pitch a show of homosexuals that open a shop and work making vibrators and you can call it Dick Dynasty.

That is offensive and a rude comment.

• Like 1

"You hit it right on the head Virgil"

Wow, Culver; typing that must've been like passing a kidney stone.

Holy CRAP, Virgil, are you still here ?

I'd have thought that by now you'd have gone off to join the PEACE CORPS, or something.

"You hit it right on the head Virgil"

Wow, Culver; typing that must've been like passing a kidney stone.

I looked out the window quickly looking for the big freeze over....lol. No actually there is more stuff than you might think that we share some common ground on. Just deferring degrees of passion on some of them.

I don't see the big deal. It's not like Obama shut the show down. To my understanding (barely read anything on this) the channel execs suspended him over ignorant comments he made (about gays and blacks) and if the channel feels that this could potentially turn people away from tuning in to the channel, it's well within their rights to hand out any punishment they see fit. It is their money.