4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

I would indeed criticize a head shot. I'm also not good enough to shoot running deer with any expectation of being able to predict where my bullet will ACTUALLY land.

Let's say this guy is a fantastic shot and just one of those guys who can ethically harvest running deer... my question is how many did he wound to get that good? And don't tell me shooting ducks or rabbit with bird shot enables you to suddenly hit a running deer with a slug and be able to predict where you end up hitting it on a consistent basis. It's like saying you can blow up a balloon in a stiff wind and be able to pop it with a slug from a distance with any consistency? Not.

And the other problem is this... just because Michael Jordan was fantastic... it didn't mean everyone on the team should take the type of shots that he did. But when young hunters see scenes like this, they see it as normal and then they try it... Not many Jordans out there. Lots of wounded deer out there... wonder why.

So you admit you dont have the skill to do it, then try to preach on how you learn to do it? Talking like that on subjects you dont know about just makes you look like a fool.

Hunters in those areas want it, the general non hunting public could care less. Where do you get this from?

Really? Are you afraid of your own shadow as well?

WNY those were  responses to meatmanagers statement that the only reason the general public allows us to hunt is for population control. relax a little.

I guess I happen to be a sissy who can kill a running deer but chooses not to. Maybe the hat trick will change my mind :pickeat:

I never said that about you. If you dont want to do it, then thats your choice, good for you. When you slam people for doing something in a way that you wouldnt, even if they are doing it legally, and not doing anything to make the animals suffer unnecessarily, or anything unsafe, you are being a bit foolish.

WNY those were responses to meatmanagers statement that the only reason the general public allows us to hunt is for population control. relax a little.

I know what they were to. I was just adding my two cents to the subject. Im very relaxed my man. Just catching up after not being on here since this morning lol.

You guys are a bunch of sissies..

I have seen videos of Barry Wensel, who has shot MANY more big bucks than ANY of you, shooting deer on the run with his recurve.

Of course, the key to his great success was the fact that he had his stupid looking hat on sideways..

I think you guys who can't kill running deer are just wearing your hats the wrong way.

I never said that about you. If you dont want to do it, then thats your choice, good for you. When you slam people for doing something in a way that you wouldnt, even if they are doing it legally, and not doing anything to make the animals suffer unnecessarily, or anything unsafe, you are being a bit foolish.

It was a joking response to Pygmy's statement. The only real problem with the whole thing I had was when he shot at #2, didn't have a good shot in my book but popped it in the hindquarter. It is a forum, we are all free to speak our foolish minds.

A deer doesn't go 15 yards and pile up from a non fatal wound…First of yes they do. Second it didn't pile up. It flopped around, blatted and tried dragging itself away a couple of times. I would have focused on that one deer and made the second shot much sooner, rather than turning on the rest of the deer. But Im weird that way.

Im not upset. Believe me. Take those kinds of shots you want. Its just not for me.

He killed the first one he shot with a perfect lung and probably heart shot. A deer doesnt go 15 yards and pile up from a non fatal wound lol. They were all good shots. Were you watching the same video? Im not getting upset, but it sure sounds like you are.

A deer doesn't go 15 yards and pile up from a non fatal wound…First off yes they do. Second it didn't pile up. It flopped around, blatted and tried dragging itself away a couple of times. I would have focused on that one deer and made the second shot much sooner, rather than turning on the rest of the deer. But Im weird that way.

Im not upset. Believe me. Take those kinds of shots you want. Its just not for me.

Edited by ants
  • Like 1

A deer doesn't go 15 yards and pile up from a non fatal wound…First of yes they do. Second it didn't pile up. It flopped around, blatted and tried dragging itself away a couple of times. I would have focused on that one deer and made the second shot much sooner, rather than turning on the rest of the deer. But Im weird that way.

So deer pile up in 15 yards on a non fatal shot and die from it in less than 30 seconds right? I seriously think you need to watch it again, especially the slow motion part. Deer number one was hit double lung, probably got the top of the heart too. It went down, got back up, did a 15 yard scramble and piled up. Deer two was shot in the spine, went down and crawled about 5 yards as he shot deer 3 and 4 which he said dropped right away. He then finished off deer two.

Ill take those shots all day over a shot at a deer in the rain with a bow.

So you admit you dont have the skill to do it, then try to preach on how you learn to do it? Talking like that on subjects you dont know about just makes you look like a fool.

For being a moderator, you read poorly. I never said I don't have the skill to shoot at or kill running deer. I said I would not be able to predict where my bullet ACTUALLY landed on the deer with any sort of consistency. I'm sure most guys who love shooting running deer will go on and on about how they can hit a bouncing pie plate and avoid hitting a deer in the a$$. I'm also sure all the guys who I see unload on running deer can also skillfully hit right where they aim... they just must choose to miss by a 1-2 feet to make it more sporting for the deer. 

I'd bet money I'd be able to kill more running deer than most... I choose not too for the same reason I don't take low percentage bow shots. 

• Like 1

So deer pile up in 15 yards on a non fatal shot and die from it in less than 30 seconds right? I seriously think you need to watch it again, especially the slow motion part. Deer number one was hit double lung, probably got the top of the heart too. It went down, got back up, did a 15 yard scramble and piled up. Deer two was shot in the spine, went down and crawled about 5 yards as he shot deer 3 and 4 which he said dropped right away. He then finished off deer two.

Ill take those shots all day over a shot at a deer in the rain with a bow.eah I made a bad hit 

Yes I made a bad hit (Im sure you never have….LOL) but I didn't take a bad shot.

Good come back Potsy…way to get personal . Blow your self a kiss next time you walk by a mirror..LOL!!

A deer doesn't go 15 yards and pile up from a non fatal wound…First off yes they do. Second it didn't pile up. It flopped around, blatted and tried dragging itself away a couple of times. I would have focused on that one deer and made the second shot much sooner, rather than turning on the rest of the deer. But Im weird that way.

People that make shots or think differently from ants automatically make them a loser, does that sum it up?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I've had two experiences with hindquarter shots. The one this year with my scope being off on my muzzleloader. The deer went 100 yards and bedded down, luckily I hit the femoral artery and it bled out quick. It sucked watching that thing run off on three legs like a bat out of hell. The second was about 8 years ago when I was hunting with a friend. He took a  shot similar to the second shot in the video. There was no snow on the ground, the deer went about 100 yards and bedded down in a thicket. He tried to find it but couldn't. So we recruited my bro and those two worked the thicket and I went up on the Railroad tracks and they walked where it when into the thicket next to the tracks. The deer eventually came out of the thicket and I blasted it as it was crossing the tracks about to cross a stream onto posted land behind a house. He took a high risk shot that almost ended up with the deer not being found and the hindquarter was shredded. He is one of those hunters that has great shooting ability but takes high risk shots to "anchor" deer. I have been with him and told him not to take certain shots that he took anyway and ended up dropping the deer, but it has become clear he loses more than he finds.

Note: The point of this post is to give you an idea why I make the decisions I do, not to backhand someone into submission. Take it for what you will.

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER

I just watched the video a second time... even worse than I thought because this guy was shooting at second and third deer before the first one even stopped running away from him. In my opinion, thats a solid definition of a slob regardless of your opinion on running pot shots. 

• Like 1

I've had two experiences with hindquarter shots. The one this year with my scope being off on my muzzleloader. The deer went 100 yards and bedded down, luckily I hit the femoral artery and it bled out quick. It sucked watching that thing run off on three legs like a bat out of hell. The second was about 8 years ago when I was hunting with a friend. He took a shot similar to the second shot in the video. There was no snow on the ground, the deer went about 100 yards and bedded down in a thicket. He tried to find it but couldn't. So we recruited my bro and those two worked the thicket and I went up on the Railroad tracks and they walked where it when into the thicket next to the tracks. The deer eventually came out of the thicket and I blasted it as it was crossing the tracks about to cross a stream onto posted land behind a house. He took a high risk shot that almost ended up with the deer not being found and the hindquarter was shredded. He is one of those hunters that has great shooting ability but takes high risk shots to "anchor" deer. I have been with him and told him not to take certain shots that he took anyway and ended up dropping the deer, but it has become clear he loses more than he finds.

Note: The point of this post is to give you an idea why I make the decisions I do, not to backhand someone into submission. Take it for what you will.

We all experience different things in life that make us who we are, as individuals and guide us in the decisions we make everyday.

Problem usually comes in when hunters label others as "losers" and "unethical" when the other hunter's decisions and experiences differs from their own.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems