4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

how does driving a train make you an expert.  Have a great day.  

ummmm not that kind of engineer bubba....... I'm an "Engineer" as in  designing the construction of power plants, etc , wow.... where did this guy come from???????? You still haven't answered my question about "snap shooting" the buck that ran to you.

Back it up a  bit Deer slayer...I was just pointing it out that It can and has happened...and having the intended shooter elevated is IMO safer.....but either way..I'm personally not a fan of drive....not that ppl.doing them are bad....

Understood, I agree, it is safer to be elevated.  Not my 'favorite' part of hunting season either, I much prefer sitting out on my own than driving, but toward the back end of the season it's the best way to get them on their feet and moving, and it's been very effective.  I'm so much more wiped out after a day of that!  Most of the time I'm doing it to get other guys that haven't been successful a deer. or even ...... gasp....... multiple deer.....  LOL sorry I had to throw in a jab at bubba since he refuses to answer most of the actual questions I asked him after giving his opinion on how we all should probably hunt.

Yup. I guess I was over confident. Thinking back I shouldn't have shot. Have you ever looked back on deer you have lost, and thought "I shouldn't of taken that shot". Seems to me that if someone hits and loses a deer then they did something "piss poor" too.

And Im not really slamming anyone my whole point is I wound;t shoot at a bunch if running deer, and I certainly wouldn't post a video like that. Its not my style. If you're into it fine . Have at it.

You made a mistake. Hunters all over this board do. Most of them don't admit to it because of the responses we get. Don't let that fool you or anyone into believing your opinion isn't valid. An opinion is just an opinion, it can't be wrong. Some peoples opinions are more respected. But one thing is for sure, if you don't want to hear the opinions of others than you shouldn't take videos and or post on a forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

umm if you read all of my signature, I am following it. If you ask everyone is going to tell you including me. I do not intend to answer any questions since if you look back about 6 or so posts, I asked you some that were never answered.  I do not respond well to interrogation especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  If you believe shooting 4 deer in 9 seconds, or one every 2 seconds the shooter was taking time to aim and putting out good safe shots,  me nor anyone who has any common sense can convince you otherwise.  Now stop taking yourself and everything on here so seriously unpucker your rectum and enjoy life a bit ok. Also if you believe shooting downward at the ground where hard things like rocks exist there is less chance of a ricochet, I am scared about your engineering skills.  A pancaked bullet hitting a rock will ricochet.  A bullet traveling on a level plane with the animal has nothing much to ricochet off.  

Just one thing there ,Bubba... The bullet that is fired at a level plane with the deer WILL eventually hit the ground, unless it stays in the deer, which most do not.  Simple force of gravity.  Why would such a bullet stand any less chance of hitting a rock and ricocheting  than one fired from as steeper angle , as from a treestand ?

In most cases, the odds of a ricochet sailing off into the blue and causing an accident is a REAL big stretch.. Sure, it could happen, but you are much more likely to die from being struck by lightning than by a ricochet, under normal hunting situations.

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

umm if you read all of my signature, I am following it. If you ask everyone is going to tell you including me. I do not intend to answer any questions since if you look back about 6 or so posts, I asked you some that were never answered.  I do not respond well to interrogation especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.  If you believe shooting 4 deer in 9 seconds, or one every 2 seconds the shooter was taking time to aim and putting out good safe shots,  me nor anyone who has any common sense can convince you otherwise.  Now stop taking yourself and everything on here so seriously unpucker your rectum and enjoy life a bit ok. Also if you believe shooting downward at the ground where hard things like rocks exist there is less chance of a ricochet, I am scared about your engineering skills.  A pancaked bullet hitting a rock will ricochet.  A bullet traveling on a level plane with the animal has nothing much to ricochet off.  

Nothing to do with the topic? I'm calling you out to explain a few things YOU stated about THIS topic. If you throw a rock straight down into a pond, and I mean straight down, 90 degrees what happens? It will sink right?  If you throw a rock parallel with the surface of the pond what will happen? It will skip. Skip = ricochet. Same principal. So spelling this out for you, I'm saying if shooting from the ground and your bullet skims the top of a rock it is going to ricochet. If you shoot down onto the top of a rock it is going to most likely pancake. You haven't asked me any questions, other than how am I qualified as an engineer to know about bullets ricocheting.  My question stands - would you raise and shoot the buck that ran left, then right and stopped for 4 seconds? If you really believe a bullet has nothing to ricochet off when shot from the ground, yeah...... ok

• Like 2

ok so how often are you shooting straight down from a stand?   seems more like an angle to me unless the deer is directly under the stand, there is going to be an angle the bullet hits the ground.  ahh why bother have a great new year.  

This might be one of the dumbest threads on record. Can we re-analyze the shots again and come up with some csi graphics. I want speeds of the moving deer, fps of the slugs, air temp, wind direction and speed, the color of his undies, how he voted in the last two elections and what he had for lunch the day before last Tuesday. And then we can go over what ifs if we have time.

• Like 5

and as I said how many times was this video attempted unsuccessfully? what happened to those deer.

Pure speculation but after reading posts made on this forum. I bet there are more deer wounded and lost by hunters that have an expectation that a hit deer is going to fold up in a nice little package for them.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

I would be into this.... im sure most of you are better shots than me but i wouldnt mind a try

I'm not faulting anyone for wanting to try some slug slinging (or practicing for the first time), but this is kind of what I was saying about guys who see others in the woods just unload their gun. They see or hear others do it and perceive it as normal, and then they "try". (again no offense meant to Joseph). If you running shooters are going to tell me that even half of the guys who take running shots practice and are proficient at hitting vitals I think you are very very wrong based on my observations. Too many guys can't even place a solid group on a stationary target but then go empty their guns at running deer. Maybe those target practicers were just too excited that opening day was only 10 hours away... yep, lot's of idiots out there and yes I'm saying if you are one of those idiots, you are likely to take pot shots at running deer. I am not saying all people who take running shots are idiots. 

As for the bet, I'll stand behind my offer. But I have no interest in spreading interest to other people to take running shots, not to mention a rolling tire is a far cry from a zig zagging bouncing animal. Sounds like we would get along wonderfully.. 

Ricochet info turns out bullets have to follow laws of physics ...... Lower angle much greater risk.

https://onlinecourses.science.psu.edu/frnsc200/sites/onlinecourses.science.psu.edu.frnsc200/files/Projectile_Ricochet_-_2010%20(FILEminimizer).ppt

You should really enjoy this link....

http://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5678&context=jclc

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

the post im reading about this topic are simply mind boggling. shooting at running deer. dropping the first doe so the fawns stop for an easier shot. are some people on here just plain out to shoot anything that moves in the woods. or are they simply that bad a hunter that they have to resort to those tatics to put venison in the freezer.as a law enforcement officer the first lesson i'm taught no matter where im shooting or who im shooting at is your your target and beyond. and to think people shoot at running deer. wow. i'll say it again reading there posts and others on here im so glad I was taught deer hunting and respect and ethics for the deer and woods by my father inlaw.. wow

So you wouldn't shoot at a running criminal?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

Yup. I guess I was over confident. Thinking back I shouldn't have shot. Have you ever looked back on deer you have lost, and thought "I shouldn't of taken that shot". Seems to me that if someone hits and loses a deer then they did something "piss poor" too.

And Im not really slamming anyone my whole point is I wound;t shoot at a bunch if running deer, and I certainly wouldn't post a video like that. Its not my style. If you're into it fine . Have at it.

Going from the guy is a loser to "it's just not my thing?" Pretty big difference there.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1