dicks sporting goods alot of ammo

silent death

If you need ammo now is the time to stock up I've never seen so much 223 ammo they had the shelves full

Of every caliber ...they are selling hornady superformance ammo for 21$ a box...the manager said they are trying to sell it all before the 15th ....i thought i'd pass the word on....this is the dicks sporting goods store in cross gates that has the sales...I figure stock up while ya can before its sold out

They even have 100 round 223 bulk packs for 50$

Edited by coyote hunter

The manager said after the 15th they may not sell ammo anymore....I think that's why the shelves are full I mean bulk 223 for 50$ is a deal they normally are like 68 I believe and the shelves we're packed

Edited by coyote hunter

as crappy as this whole thing is, and I hate to even call this a good idea, but in CT if you hold a pistol license they accept that as good enough to purchase any ammo.....if you don't, you have to buy a permit to purchase, but at least this removes a lot of the hassle for sellers and buyers.........

Doesn't matter a lot of retailers won't ship to NY cause of the law like cabelas and bass pro if you call and try to place a order they won't do it....basically they are scared and that's what gov homo I mean cuemo wanted.....Walmart is gonna do the same

The company's like dicks and Walmart are gonna try to sell all there ammo inventory before the 15th just in case...why you ask cause a guy ain't gonna walk in and bye a box of shells for 10$ and have to pay 10 or 20$ for the check to get them....and stores know that

Edited by coyote hunter

Doesn't matter a lot of retailers won't ship to NY cause of the law like cabelas and bass pro if you call and try to place a order they won't do it....basically they are scared and that's what gov homo I mean cuemo wanted.....Walmart is gonna do the same

The company's like dicks and Walmart are gonna try to sell all there ammo inventory before the 15th just in case...why you ask cause a guy ain't gonna walk in and bye a box of shells for 10$ and have to pay 10 or 20$ for the check to get them....and stores know that

you are actually combining two provisions into one.

There is a ban on internet sales as of the 15th Because as of then all ammunition   sales must be done in person.

There was also supposed to be a background check provision starting that day also. The background check had been postponed until 30 days after the Supt. of the State Police feels the system is in place and functioning.

Since the background check is postponed ( Tin foil hats on: I believe until after the Election) the requirement is still in force for face to face transfers.

And the Safe Act does not restrict sales from Wholesalers to retailers. Dick's and Walmart will have no issue getting shipments. The fun will begin with the start for the background checks. $10 to start and anticipated increase to $20. If the store puts a 3 box limit on you, you will need to spend $20 on top of the price of every 3 boxes.

does anyone else find it funny that there has been scarce ammo for a long time. Now all of a sudden the stores are packed just in time for the background check to have been starting?  You can still order ammo from other states, but it has to be shipped to an ammo sales place to be picked up.  I can not picture many places willing to let you ship ammo to their place of business and do paperwork for free when they sell ammo to make money.  Most places are not even planning to sell ammo after this gets started.  

• Like 3

The days of the Mom and Pop stores in rural NY selling ammo behind the counter of a small general type or hardware store are done. They took care of that with paperwork requirements. If you really read the sections of the Unsafe act about the ammunition there are sever references to having to record individual identifying marks from the ammo. They almost make it sound like there was an expectation that a shell could have a number on it. (or will have) Kind of leaves me wondering what round 2 of this will look like. Serial numbered rounds?

does anyone else find it funny that there has been scarce ammo for a long time. Now all of a sudden the stores are packed just in time for the background check to have been starting?

I actually noticed Dicks around here had lots of 223 a month ago, and could have before then, I hadnt been looking for a while. It was $25 a box for Hornady Vmax. Same price its been for a couple of years IIRC. They had a ton of it too. Maybe the manufacturers finally caught up to demand? I dont know.

Anyone know what the Dick's in Middletown has in stock? 

FYI: The closest store to my home is in Danbury CT, but they will NOT sell to a NYS resident, as they require a CT "ID".  I'm not sure if that is store specific or part of CT law.

do it the same way  you would buy beer when you were a kid .Find an adult who is willing to buy it for you.

There is aparently no set fee for this transaction?

This from WGRZ in Buffalo...

"The state has put a cost to this… where a dealer can charge up to $10 dollars for a background check. But it may cost us up to $20 to do a background check, in man hours and keeping the records and all that kinda stuff…it's going to cost a store money to do a background check."

"So in the long run, it's just going to cost the consumer, he said.

Some gun owners told WGRZ that while they have enjoyed doing business with Taylor, they are already making plans to start buying ammunition in other states like Pennsylvania.

There, they expect to be able to buy ammunition at a lower cost, and with much less hassles than in New York, a state, which Governor Cuomo— who championed the Safe Act— is often fond of saying, is "open for business".

"Well, they're about to lose mine," one hunter said.

Talked to ppl in charge and they spoke with Law enforcement ppl yesterday ...that stated the checks are no where in sight do to the fact...There is  simple  not enough man power to do those type of checks...and they aren't seeing it any time soon.... it's near impossible to get it implemented....

• Like 1

But Cuomo and his merry band of gun-grabbers have succeeded in shutting down the mail order and internet purchases of ammo, and have gotten some of the major chains thinking that they should get out of the ammo business, which was most likely the original purpose. Ha-ha .... Nobody ever accused Cuomo and his cohorts of being stupid. Maybe a bit on the evil side, but still, very clever.

"The state has put a cost to this… where a dealer can charge up to $10 dollars for a background check. But it may cost us up to $20 to do a background check, in man hours and keeping the records and all that kinda stuff…it's going to cost a store money to do a background check."

And it wouldnt surprise me to see the big chains waive this fee so they can compete with other ammo dealers and keep ammo sales rolling, otherwise ammo sales in NY will die out real fast.

And it wouldnt surprise me to see the big chains waive this fee so they can compete with other ammo dealers and keep ammo sales rolling, otherwise ammo sales in NY will die out real fast.

All I hear is rumors of "big chains" dropping the sale of ammo because of the time and red-tape.