Assault Weapon Ban NO WE WILL NOT COMPLY

Just Imagine this scenario "Sniper sits in wooded area outside crowded school yard 100s of yards away and guns down innocents using high powered rifle with telescopic sights"

Yea just your average deer rifle which just about all of us own, but that could well be next. The frightening thought to an anti gunner that yea you could be shot at 400yds never hearing the shot or never seeing the shooter. Most anti's have no idea of this but it will surely be brought to light when some nut gets out there with a scoped bolt action rifle.

Just Imagine this scenario "Sniper sits in wooded area outside crowded school yard 100s of yards away and guns down innocents using high powered rifle with telescopic sights"

Yea just your average deer rifle which just about all of us own, but that could well be next. The frightening thought to an anti gunner that yea you could be shot at 400yds never hearing the shot or never seeing the shooter. Most anti's have no idea of this but it will surely be brought to light when some nut gets out there with a scoped bolt action rifle.

I can hear it now. Who needs a gun capable of shooting 400 yards......

• Like 1

And these guys know what the reality of the SAFE Act is, but they don't seem too upset by the fact the law was passed!

"Oh well, the government just took away some of my rights with the threat of imprisonment.  What can you do?  I think I'll have another beer and just take a nap."

The founding fathers would be ashamed of all complacent, docile, apathetic, gun owners.  Nothing you have in this life is worth the freedom you are about to see vanish.  If you won't have freedom, what difference does it make if you risk going to jail?  And when your grandchildren ask you what you did to stop it, what are you going to say?  I voted against Cuomo?  Big deal.

You are off your rocker. The founding fathers were fighting a foreign ruling government. I don't believe they ever envisioned 200+ years later that the citizens of their well established nation would begin violent protest. I do believe they would want us to exorcise all of our rights by voting out the officials we don't like, and that's the best thing we can do. But you papist, and the other tin foil hat wearers hell bent on militia type revolts need to chill out.

We are all anti-safe act, and I do not even own an AR. But I have a great job, a young family and a good life. I will vote and educate and help spread the word about the BS the Safe Act, but I will not risk my family for an assault rifle. If you think you're some great martyr you're naive. If you get arrested for your unregistered AR you will make page 2 of the local town newspaper and nothing more. There will be no Tienanmen square for you.

• Like 1

I would like to see the guys who say they will not comply in any fashion, head to the range with their banned assault weapons and high capacity magazines and have at it..........hiding it in your basement is the same as doing nothing, is it not?

• Like 1

Yeah, the same guy around here who is telling people to "grow a pair" and says that he  will "NEVER comply" is the same guy who wants to leave the state, if he hasn't already.  So yeah, he tucked his tail between his legs and is running, while he tells everyone else to start a revolt and risk everything they've got.  LOL  I guess that really takes a pair of balls!

Edited by steve863

So rolling over is easier?  I thought so

As I stated, fighting laws and politicians through the proper channels is not rolling over. If I remember correctly, you're a judge of some sort, so i'm surprised you don't support this.

I belong to the NRA. I belong to SCOPE. I have a sign in my yard. I try to educate people who are uninformed about the SAFE act. I use my vote and so does my wife. Short of going to rallies, there's not much left for me to do legally.

I would like to see the guys who say they will not comply in any fashion, head to the range with their banned assault weapons and high capacity magazines and have at it..........hiding it in your basement is the same as doing nothing, is it not?

exactly. And violent protest does nothing but further the belief of anti-gun and fence riders that they need to further pursue control and bans

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

As I stated, fighting laws and politicians through the proper channels is not rolling over. If I remember correctly, you're a judge of some sort, so i'm surprised you don't support this.

I belong to the NRA. I belong to SCOPE. I have a sign in my yard. I try to educate people who are uninformed about the SAFE act. I use my vote and so does my wife. Short of going to rallies, there's not much left for me to do legally.

exactly. And violent protest does nothing but further the belief of anti-gun and fence riders that they need to further pursue control and bans

No I was a judge.  when I decided it was time to stand up, I resigned.  I also resigned from a very good state job to avoid any conflict.  I guess some people are willing to sacrifice for the cause.  Others well not so much. And not once have you seen me say that it is time to take up guns.  My groups motto is register voters, not guns.  Any law that is unconstitutional is not to be obeyed.  Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised.  Charlton Hesston

Edited by bubba
  • Like 1

I just did this morning. It's been 2 and a half months and nobody has been arrested. I doubt anybody will ever be arrested soley for a safe act violation.

• Like 1

No I was a judge.  when I decided it was time to stand up, I resigned.  I also resigned from a very good state job to avoid any conflict.  I guess some people are willing to sacrifice for the cause.  Others well not so much. And not once have you seen me say that it is time to take up guns.  My groups motto is register voters, not guns.  Any law that is unconstitutional is not to be obeyed.  Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised.  Charlton Hesston

The problem being, as of now, the SAFE Act has not been judged unconstitutional, at least by actual judges...

Edited by Sogaard

I just did this morning. It's been 2 and a half months and nobody has been arrested. I doubt anybody will ever be arrested soley for a safe act violation.

Sure about that?

http://rocdocs.democratandchronicle.com/database/2013-safe-act-arrests

Granted, there could have been other circumstances involved in these cases, but where is your data to support your claim?

EDIT:

Did my own research, you are incorrect.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/06/nearly_all_ny_safe_act_arrests_are_for_offenses_that_were_crimes_even_before_str.html

Granted, 35 people is not a lot, but it is also not zero.  If you want to take the chance on having a Class E Felony following you around for the rest of your life, that's your choice.  I'd rather not.

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 1

I was thinking more along the lines of those who refuse to comply no matter what the consequence, should organize and promote a protest where they all show up and have a peaceful day of target shooting with their unregistered assault weapons and high capacity magazines........be interesting to see who would show.

Anyone who thinks the safe act is not a violation of the second amendment of the constitution if the united States as well as a violation of the NY state constitution clearly does not get it. I do not need to sit back and wait and hope some court says it is. Case in point Obama care. And if they say it is constitutional I guess we again roll over and take it. Feel free to do so.

Edited by bubba

Anyone who thinks the safe act is not a violation of the second amendment of the constitution if the united States as well as a violation of the NY state constitution clearly does not get it. I do not need to sit back and wait and hope some court says it is. Case in point Obama care. And if they say it is constitutional I guess we again roll over and take it. Feel free to do so.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you on that.......but exactly how far people are willing to push it is my question, like I asked earlier, would you be willing to set up and promote a shoot where those, including yourself, would be willing to show up and have a shoot with your unregistered assault weapons and high capacity magazines and see how it plays out?

First of all I never said I have high capacity mags. Would I go to the range and shoot of course. Will I advertise it and invite Leo. That would be foolish at best. Anymore than I ride my bike without s helmet in the day light. Will I roll over and sign up for gun confiscation nope. And anyone who thinks this law will stop Herr is just as foolish. How many guns will have to make the list before you say enough is enough. Give me a limit

Edited by bubba

Nobody is saying violence is what we need.  I don't know how many times I've said that, and fools keep bringing it up.  Non-compliance is what we need and we need to make it known we will not comply, which is what is happening.  Many people are ignoring this law and Cuomo knows it.  Some have even left the state and taken their fortunes and taxes with them as the ultimate protest.  A few big gun manufacturers are doing the same thing.  That hurts Cuomo and the state's anti-gun lawmakers more than any other form of protest.

Should you be stupid and flaunt your AR in front of his face?  No.  But you don't comply with tyranny either and you make it known you will not.

Want to come to a home and take a now unconstitutionally deemed "illegal" rifle.  Do it.  You won't find it because it has moved on.  Be smart enough to be one step ahead of the tyrants in every respect, to protect yourself from some legal lynching.

There are many things gun owners can do to show the anti-gun authorities you will not comply, and it can be done without fear of arrest and prosecution.  But it takes a brain that understands the legal system, and how it persecutes it's enemies, to know how to do it.

NY gun owners are in the equivalent of a chess game.  The anti's make a move, NY gun owners make a move.  If you don't have the guts to play it out, you lose.  If you don't have enough advantage in the game to win, go for the stalemate.  That way they don't win and you don't lose.

My biggest gripe with NY is, if gun owners, years ago, had been smart enough, and lucid enough, to see this was all coming, they wouldn't be in the sheit hole they now find themselves in.  There was a lot of skepticism, denial and mockery of the warnings for years in NY, and the people most responsible for it, still haven't learned they are wrong.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

There are four boxes to win this 

Soap box   get out and talk to everyone you know about it

Ballot box   but you need many more than yourself  

Jury box   Jury nullification

Cartridge box    last resort.  See the givt wants us to revolt.  Then the king in Washington can rain martial law like no one ever thought it could be.  That is the last thing we need.  

People can say they are fighting this.  Throwing money at it by joining organizations is not fighting this.  That is paying someone else to do it for you.  If you really think the courts are going to overturn this, you are wrong.  One federal judge has already said the only part that was unconstitutional was was magazine size.  Yay we get to go back to 10.  A lot of people jumped for joy.  That is nothing.  

How many are actually out doing anything like talking to neighbors, elected representatives and anyone who will listen.  A simple letter to the editor stating the facts about the safe act.  How many people have you gotten registered to vote in November.  How many have donated any money to Astorino's campaign. I hear a lot on sites like this how I should go ride in a parade.  My response will be what have you done.  Give me some ideas how to get the word out, and I will try them. How many have either joined or formed a local grass roots organization to get organized. If you want a list of local groups send me a message. If you want ideas how to start a local group again message me.  i will help all I can.  I doubt very much I will get even one request.  It is much easier to type on here and throw money to organizations.   A grass roots movement is what is gong to start to turn this around.  Typing on a thread on a website is not.  Giving money to organizations is not.  This is what I mean when I say engage in the fight.  I have no plan to pick up any firearm until one is picked up against me.  

• Like 2

The government has done a great job, over the last couple of decades, making life so busy for the masses, with both parents needing to work to just get by, that the average citizen doesn't have time to pay attention to the insidious encroachment on their liberties by the government.  That is something that works in the governments favor, so they have done nothing to stop it from progressing every year.  Higher taxes, more debt, more overtime, less time to be grassroots.  See how that works?  We are becoming slaves and don't seem to realize it.

BTW, slaves cannot be armed.  Too dangerous for the masters.

• Like 1