How many deer have you collided with?

greg54

A few years ago I was zipping down the 90 and a big ole Tom flew out and he bounced off my windshield with feathers flying everywhere and turkey rolling up and over my roof. There was a NYS trooper behind me and promptly pulled me over. He issued me a ticket for flipping him the bird

• Like 5

Wife had a doe run into the side of her vehicle two years ago. She had slowed down because of a car stopped with flashers on in front of her.  That car had just been run into by a deer too.  Both deer left the scene and so did the vehicles.

This was about 3 blocks from our house.

Had a close call on the NYS thruway on way to work in 65 mph zone last month. Deer came down a slope and skidded to a halt 3 feet from the yellow line as he saw me come around the bend.  That was about 3 seconds before we would have collided.

Saw one follow a car across an over-pass and another take the same exit off the Palisades parkway that I took.

I have been hit twice by deer, one in a truck and the other was on my motorcycle.

Three other times they have come close to hitting me also. I have been lucky

Ugghh - hitting or being by a deer on the bike is one of my bigger concerns while riding.  Only one time in a car for me.

Doe with a Ramcharger in the 80's. Head shot with the bumper. no damage, doe dead.

Two does (double) on the thruway in the fog with a Ford Tempo in the 90's. Car and deer died.

My wife hit an 8 point with a Stratus in '05. Car kept rollin', deer dead.

Doe ran into the side of my Yaris on I-86 3 years ago. Doe dead. Yaris kept on rollin.

Many close calls.

That's enough for me!

Yeah, Jerry...Where you and I live it is a constant threat..

I'm paranoid, especially at dusk and dawn..I'm ALWAYS looking for eyes, and slow down at the first glimpse of a deer, an eye, or whatever..

I would guess that since I have been driving (1966) I have avoided dozens if not hundreds of deer related collisions, just by being constantly vigilant..

Still, I have hit 3 and had MANY close calls... Sometimes the SOBS just come out of nowhere....

• Like 1

Ugghh - hitting or being by a deer on the bike is one of my bigger concerns while riding. Only one time in a car for me.

I am nervous about it more now. I was on rt 98 in Attica a couple weeks ago and I came around a bend and a doe was in the middle of my lane! She just stood there till I was close and I beeped.

I have had deer run out on me before on that road but I can't seem to stay away.

Has anyone tried any of those gimmicks like the deer whistle or something like that where the deer hear it and it may avoid your car? I think they mounted on the bumper? I remember seeing them years ago and if they ever proven to work?

First one this year!

Heading up to turkey camp at first light on 17W 1/2 hour from the property..WHAM..doe come up from the center grassy divider, i was in the left lane doing 65 on cruise control never touched the brakes..A REAL EYE OPENER!

I drive a F250 crew cab 8' bed..she didnt survive..absolutely no damage to my truck couldnt believe it

Felt bad though..young doe

I am nervous about it more now. I was on rt 98 in Attica a couple weeks ago and I came around a bend and a doe was in the middle of my lane! She just stood there till I was close and I beeped.

I have had deer run out on me before on that road but I can't seem to stay away.

Well glad you are OK - bad scenario for sure.

2x. Bay rd. Webster,and Hylan Dr right next to 390. Mall was there but not the plazas that are between the Mall and 390 . He was a large buck came running up the hill side jumped over the guardrail ,took out my grill,hood,fender and passenger door.

Had my bow and two handguns, by the time I got out some flares,( no place to pull off ) he got up jumped guardrail and ran off.....