What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Federal law states that every home "Must" have a "slow cooker/crock pot"….In the future you should watch yourself Mister!!

I was in compliance. It was simply sitting in my closet collecting dust for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anniversary dinner at Ai Fiori.

1. Spaghetti with blue crab meat, lemon, bottarga, and chilies.

2. Pan-roast venison, sweet potato, chestnut, parsnip golden oak mushrooms.

3. Pan-seared scallops, fregola, chanterelles, frisee.

4. Octopus and pork belly on white beans.

post-789-0-81162600-1452750516_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-98496900-1452750538_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-08660300-1452750545_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-16300200-1452750549_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 3

No, I just slow cooked them on the grill for 6 hours with indirect heat. I don't have a smoker.

you need a smoker as does anyone else without one ! So many great things come off of mine. It's so easy and so much you can do with it. Beer can chicken , salmon , trout for trout blt's , wings , venison , turkey , cheddar , pork tenderloin , almonds. Etc.
  • Like 1

Which smoker do you have again TF? I know you mentioned it before.

Masterforge I got for Father's Day about 4-5 years ago. Wife got it at Lowes for like $60.  A few friends got me into smoking. Some have Weber's almost exact to this and paid $300. They advised me to buy this one as they agreed you don't need a Weber's and overpay. I leave it out all year, shovel around it and use it almost weekly. I felt overwhelmed when I first got it. It's so easy to use and can't mess anything up. I'm sold you really have to try to "oversmoke" something as well. One chimney (the charcoal starter oversized coffee mug looking thing) gets me 225 degrees. I haven't found outside temps effect smoking temps. Wind, gets a little tricky but I put it partially in the exterior garage. Some people may be hip on electric smokers, I'm not sure, never used one. All I know is charcoal is easy peasy. I mostly use apple, cherry, pecan chips. Mesquite and hickory are a deeper smoke which I don't prefer.

post-4567-0-16746400-1452950557_thumb.pn

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

I've got an electric smoker and for the three times it worked it was awesome. Then it broke and after much googling I found out it can't be repaired. I bought an element at cabelas and put it in but can't keep it below 300, it's made for a bigger smoker.

I need to find a way to regulate it but it's pretty complicated from

what I've read and I'm no electrician

Chicken tenders marinaded in a teriyaki honey,chopped scallions garlic and fresh ginger. Then glazed onions,garlic, yellow peppers, broccoli floweretts,snow peas, sun dried tomato in a sesame oil dash of soy sauce(until just heated and firm)....line a baking dish with veggies then top with tenders and the marinade and bake at 400 for 20-25 mins served with rice and a side of our garden carrots with maple glaze and Cinnamon

PS...forgot one of the best ingredients..fresh cut pineapple chunks sauteed with veggies....

Edited by growalot
  • Like 3

I've got an electric smoker and for the three times it worked it was awesome. Then it broke and after much googling I found out it can't be repaired. I bought an element at cabelas and put it in but can't keep it below 300, it's made for a bigger smoker.

I need to find a way to regulate it but it's pretty complicated from

what I've read and I'm no electrician

electric hotplate?

Masterforge I got for Father's Day about 4-5 years ago. Wife got it at Lowes for like $60. A few friends got me into smoking. Some have Weber's almost exact to this and paid $300. They advised me to buy this one as they agreed you don't need a Weber's and overpay. I leave it out all year, shovel around it and use it almost weekly. I felt overwhelmed when I first got it. It's so easy to use and can't mess anything up. I'm sold you really have to try to "oversmoke" something as well. One chimney (the charcoal starter oversized coffee mug looking thing) gets me 225 degrees. I haven't found outside temps effect smoking temps. Wind, gets a little tricky but I put it partially in the exterior garage. Some people may be hip on electric smokers, I'm not sure, never used one. All I know is charcoal is easy peasy. I mostly use apple, cherry, pecan chips. Mesquite and hickory are a deeper smoke which I don't prefer.

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in getting one so ill take a look at the Masterforge.

• Like 1

First batch of venison jerky 2016!

Is that ground with the seasoning added and jerky shooter ?

I bought a shooter and used it once. Didn't like the finished product and we used the jerky as dog treats.

I do however make killer jerky with muscle meat , the store bought mix and cure but dr. it up a bunch. Matter of fact you've inspired me to make some tomorrow.