What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

From Sloan Market??? Great deal they run this time of year!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Deli Shoppe on Broadway in Depew. Although my barber just told me about Sloan yesterday. Deli Shoppe won best Polish sausage at Broadway Market this last year. They also have filet mignon for $10 / pound and some of the biggest Alaskan king crab legs I've ever seen.

Me and the kids are on our own tonight. The wife is still felling it from last night. She had three whole drinks, which is four drinks over her limit. She's  not really sick just ,that lay on the couch under a blanket thing all day. Its Either Pizza or Chinese..what ever the kids want..

Pork roast, sauerkraut, brussel sprouts and baked sweet potatoes.

Not too shabby................ :)

One change yo the menu; Lipton Onion Soup Mix was put over top of the roast right out of the bag (dry) and it was perfection!  Been quite a while since we've had a pork roast.  For the past 5-6 years it's always been Wegman's pork tender loin in their Club Pack, the best value in meat section. 

We put the 'kraut (drained) in the pan first then put a a rack in to hold the meat up over the 'kraut.  2 hours at 350 for a 3lb boneless roast.

Darn good!

• Like 2

Onion soup mix is great for a ton of dishes. We mix it in our ground beef dry and then make burgers that are delicious. Also put it in the meatloaf. Great stock for venison roast in the crock pot, or venison stew. I make pulled venison and cook the meat in the crock pot in the soup mix for flavor and then drain, and add BBQ sauce. Have also sprinkled it on pork chops as a rub and then grilled and topped with bbq sauce. The possibilities are endless.

• Like 1

One change yo the menu; Lipton Onion Soup Mix was put over top of the roast right out of the bag (dry) and it was perfection!  Been quite a while since we've had a pork roast.  For the past 5-6 years it's always been Wegman's pork tender loin in their Club Pack, the best value in meat section. 

We put the 'kraut (drained) in the pan first then put a a rack in to hold the meat up over the 'kraut.  2 hours at 350 for a 3lb boneless roast.

Darn good!

Love pork roast in the crock pot with sour kraut . I put it in the crock pot with pepper and about half the kraut juice from one bag. let it go all day then the last 1-1/2 to 2 hrs, add the rest of the Kraut and juice. Serve it with a side of mashies with kraut over the top of them and a nice dark rye bread…..sometimes I cook it stove top in a big pot, if I plan on being home most of the day. 

DAMN… might have to make it tomorrow .

• Like 2

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1451800639.739602.jpg

Black truffle pizza and Brussels sprouts

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1451800654.856484.jpg

Oskar Blues

Pizza sounds awesome ! If you like stouts , try Oskar Blues Ten Fidy. It's a thick imperial stout , very good one at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1