What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Well it isn't for dinner and I don't have a pic of it becasue it went in my stomach so fast but I just finished the best turkey noodle soup made from the left overs of a smoked turkey I did. OMG!!! what a wonderful light smokey flavor. the broth was made with everything caught in the foil pan under the bird while it cooked (veggies added for flavor during the smoking operation then tossed). cooled, skimmed fat off, doubled volume with water, added carcass and cooked down. removed bones and added veggies. I freeze it without adding noodles becasue they get mushy when frozen. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Smoker or broiler ?
Had duck on a salad at some fancy pants restaurant years ago. I want to shoot a duck to replicate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not decided yet last time I just used the broiler but would like to try a smoke it Really is great stuff

What is beef on wick or weck? I know it is a WNY thing and I've seen it mentioned on here. Just curious. We have the Spiedie in our neck of the woods. Cubed  and marinated pork, beef, lamb, or chicken grilled and eaten on Italian bread.

9 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

What is beef on wick or weck? I know it is a WNY thing and I've seen it mentioned on here. Just curious. We have the Spiedie in our neck of the woods. Cubed  and marinated pork, beef, lamb, or chicken grilled and eaten on Italian bread.

roast beef on a kummelweck roll.  served RARE, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus and topped with horseradish.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

Yum nothing better then a lupos spiedie

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

roast beef on a kummelweck roll.  served RARE, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus and topped with horseradish.

Reminds me of Clarke's Ale House in Syracuse.  I put quite a few of those away.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Weck. I could list 10 great places for beef n weck without even trying and within 5 miles. Some good fresh local Weber's horseradish.
I need to try Spiedies some day.

Wegman's carries NY State Fair Speedies marinate. It is very good. I like it on Chicken 

• Like 3

When I get home I am putting a venison steak that has been marinating in Italian seasoning into a cast iron pan broiling it.  Roast a potato and finish off the bottle of Merlot.

Wife is out with the girl scouts camping, so it is all mine to enjoy with the dog for company.

If I get out and find pheasant tomorrow, then that will be tomorrow's dinner.

• Like 3

Venison steaks,rice,zucchini patties,sliced cooked carrots in maple  syrup,and cheddar cauliflower

I despise veggies but yours always sound so good. Wife made root beer carrots for Christmas Eve. I ate 3rds. How'd you cook the steaks ? Seared in skillet and broiled in skillet is my go to.

• Like 1

Biz. $$$$? 
That place just sounds expensive by name 

Not too bad for NYC standards, but we made out like bandits. Waitress asked if we celebrating a birthday, I lied and say we celebrating my brothers company going public. She gave us all 4 desserts for free. Saved $60-70

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Recipe please ?

Seared venison steaks in cast iron and finished in oven.  cut into strips and put on salad.  add crumbly blue and French fries.  most places use a honey mustard dressing I used a balsamic.  You could add more veggies like tomatoes or peppers but I did not. 

• Like 1