What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

lol I actually am on Pinterest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Haha so am I the girlfriend thought it was pretty funny 

I'm out of likes - too many harvest photos, apparently.  Nice.

This just in - "Oh, I also added soy sauce...  and nutmeg."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Guess I am the only one eating dinner tonight.

Cavatappi in our homemade sauce, hot Italian sausage, onions, and portabella mushrooms. And, wait for it... Garlic parmesan bread made form leftover hamburger rolls.

cava1.jpg

Not to one up you rob but I had 3 BLTs without the L and T.  But, bacon is always good. 

• Like 2

Pan broiled smallmouth filets, caught this afternoon,  dusted with a small bit of Old bay and done until they SLIGHTLY flaked  over medium high heat, along with a nice casserole of mac and cheese ( a la The Mermaid) done with XTRA SHARP Woodhull cheese...

Oh yeah...And a couple of cold Labatt's...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Not to one up you rob but I had 3 BLTs without the L and T.  But, bacon is always good. 

I like me a bacon sandwich on toast as well. Not sure I would eat three, but have at it moog . LOL

6 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Pan broiled smallmouth filets, caught this afternoon,  dusted with a small bit of Old bay and done until they SLIGHTLY flaked  over medium high heat, along with a nice casserole of mac and cheese ( a la The Mermaid) done with XTRA SHARP Woodhull cheese...

Oh yeah...And a couple of cold Labatt's...

With the exception of the Labatt's, Pygmy just one upped us all for the day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ....rob said:

I like me a bacon sandwich on toast as well. Not sure I would eat three, but have at it moog . LOL

With the exception of the Labatt's, Pygmy just one upped us all for the day.

I have extra large arteries and can afford a little clogging.    Just kidding.  Starting the diet right after dessert and I agree Pygmy wins, as usual. 

• Like 1

A good friend ( forum member ) and his wife invited the wife and I over for some authentic Indian food. Northern region style which we weren't aware eastern , southern and western were different in ingredients and amount of heat used. Chicken tikka, chicken roll ups ( don't know exact name ) butter chicken, lamb curry , flatbread , daal ( spiced lentils ) , rice with lamb and rice pudding. We're stuffed as dinner was excellent. bb277cd3ba8bda0f51565cea0464b0e4.jpg1ddccda6002b37e075f01f8e9d1db39f.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, shawnhu said:

I've had some really good Indian influenced food. Home made.

Really the indian food  i had on a cruise ship  one time was like fear factor  lol 

just the smell  alone was so fonky . rather eat road kill then try that stuff again i think lol   maybe it depends on the part of indian its from they may have different syles of cooking from one region to the other , Im guesing .

Really the indian food  i had on a cruise ship  one time was like fear factor  lol 
just the smell  alone was so fonky . rather eat road kill then try that stuff again i think lol   maybe it depends on the part of indian its from they may have different syles of cooking from one region to the other , Im guesing .

Food from India is a bit strong for my taste as well, but SA food inspired by India is delicious.

I've had some really good Indian influenced food. Home made.

This was homemade and outstanding. Honestly one of the best meals I've had. She's going to give us the recipe for the mutton curry and we have venison stew meat already to substitute.

• Like 3

You just have to pick the right Indian food.  Just like any cultural cuisine, there are many varying flavors.  If you don't like a curry, then go with a saag dish which is more savory or a korma dish which is sweeter.  That said, Indian food is purposely made very strong flavored because it is meant to be diluted with rice or naan.  And if you haven't had coconut raisin naan, you're missing out.

Edited by Elmo
spell check
  • Like 2