What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

3 hours ago, Chef said:

Yes but are they processing meat... I doubt it and If meat runs out they will not have it just like everyone else. They will
Distribute MRE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God Bless MRE's and that teensy bottle of Tabasco Sauce !

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What kinda of chicken is 75 cents a pound or $1.89? I pay $8.99/lb for bell & Evans

Do they come over and cut it into bite size morsels too?  $1.69 - $1.99 for boneless skinless breasts, is not uncommon around Orange County, and PA, thats when I buy most of the time, then vacuum sealed, and tossed in freezer.

Edited by Bionic

What kinda of chicken is 75 cents a pound or $1.89? I pay $8.99/lb for bell & Evans for breast / tenders

That’s a insane rip off. I sell bell and Evans for like $3 a lb for breasts they are marking you up way too much even at retail

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chef said:

That’s a insane rip off. I sell bell and Evans for like $3 a lb for breasts they are marking you up way too much even at retail

I get the cheap stuff but my wife always get the Bell and Evans when it's her turn to hit the supermarket.  I think she pays $5.99 and that's NYC prices.

• Like 2

Yes but are they processing meat... I doubt it and If meat runs out they will not have it just like everyone else. They will

Distribute MRE

Definitely not processing. They are distributing food. I can see meat getting low but not running out. Larger operations and supply chains will fizzle but small mom and pop butchers will thrive. Already a tend around here. Plus people raising steer or pigs in back yards where allowed will be more prevalent. Cant pick up all the deficit but some of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Definitely not. They are distributing food. I can see meat getting low but not running out. Larger operations and supply chains will fizzle but small mom and pop butchers will thrive. Already a tend around here. Plus people raising steer or pigs in back yards where allowed will be more prevalent. Cant pick up all the deficit but some of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I called my local farmer who I purchase half cows from. I wanted to buy a cow and a pig. He told me he would be happy to sell them to me but can’t get a appointment at the butcher. He said he has a few people ahead of me and will call me when he can get a slot for me.

He also said he thinks it will be middle to the end of the summer

I think I’ve seen it at $5.99 or $6.99 the cheapest ever in my lifetime

Do they come over and cut it into bite size morsels too?  $1.69 - $1.99 for boneless skinless breasts, is not uncommon around Orange County, and PA, thats when I buy most of the time, then vacuum sealed, and tossed in freezer.

Yes you can get that around here too. But it isn’t Bell & Evans. I try all kinds of chicken and Nothing ever comes close to
bell & Evans quality and taste. Most other chicken is huge breasts with roids or water.

55 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes you can get that around here too. But it isn’t Bell & Evans. I try all kinds of chicken and Nothing ever comes close to
bell & Evans quality and taste. Most other chicken is huge breasts with roids or water.

I guess you already knew the answer to your questIon.

F7EB916B-7AE3-4680-A096-DE6A9D826A11.gif

Edited by Bionic

Any small bird program bird would work, or even Murrary’s

• Like 1

I just threw a wrap together after we went on our walk this evening.  DEEP FRIED tenders chopped, with melted swiss, romaine, tomato, avocado, bbq sauce, Ray’s secret sauce, franks red hot, with @crappyice chopped ramps.  Thank you sir! Very good flavor!

F8083D0D-2046-46F0-A0A3-6FFB197156FD.jpeg

• Like 5

I called my local farmer who I purchase half cows from. I wanted to buy a cow and a pig. He told me he would be happy to sell them to me but can’t get a appointment at the butcher. He said he has a few people ahead of me and will call me when he can get a slot for me.

What's a 1/2 a cow run you?
I was putting a call into a local guy tomorrow, but wasn't sure on what type of price I should be expecting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Serious question and I guess a pig would be more feasible than a cow but would a farmer sell you a cow/pig and let you do your own butchering?

• Like 1