philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

Girls and I met my brother before he heads west at the barbill in East Aurora for killer roast beef on weck and wings 5c2cd01e6fcdf1e55992ec9e83ae8b3d.jpg91e269b039d45394ddfe73870cd157c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 10

Lunch at yelling goat. Eithiopian lentil beef soup Delicious 872e7b067e737d230af5efe1af4fcb89.jpg&key=5015e616e495d510defe78a9a6ae3391d426fe217170fc798bb1ec7b9c8ea47b

Did that have the berbere seasoning in it? I got a jar of berbere seasoning from Penzey's spices and I have been trying it in a bunch of dishes. Lentil beef soup sounds like my next instant pot recipe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Did that have the berbere seasoning in it? I got a jar of berbere seasoning from Penzey's spices and I have been trying it in a bunch of dishes. Lentil beef soup sounds like my next instant pot recipe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes it did. It was second time I’ve had this soup. There will be a third time I’m sure 

One of those throw together nights.had some ital sausage to cook up and a wrap to use up.suffer thru the slice cheese.ima cheese aholllllic.itll do the job for tonight with a cold genny to wash it down

20190416_183745.jpg

• Like 2

Top picture is Jacks bbq bottom is Peg Leg bbq in Nashville. Whoa baby did I chow down on some brisket and pulled pork sandwiches the past few days. Bbq country music and some pretty women not to bad down here.

IMG-20190416-WA0020.jpg

20190415_110857.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Top picture is Jacks bbq bottom is Peg Leg bbq in Nashville. Whoa baby did I chow down on some brisket and pulled pork sandwiches the past few days. Bbq country music and some pretty women not to bad down here.

IMG-20190416-WA0020.jpg

20190415_110857.jpg

Go to Graceland?

Pipers Kilt Eastchester

ecb4c9a2ee73a7942bed5e41e19c035a.jpg&key=c84698a1ff51339aa89806c10b9c8d80d3c6478198dc6d07e59c23ab3b7fc090

Best burgers in town. I sucked down many a dollar draft there in my younger days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Best burgers in town. I sucked down many a dollar draft there in my younger days.

Pipers Kilt has always been a mainstay in my family- I remember Tuesday’s in the summer would also be PK night with bunches of families after swimming at Lake Isle(Regina was always our server); it was everyone’s first date restaurant in HS; when I bought my house and was cleaning up and painting my wife and I spent every night there for dinner(come as you are- paint covered and all); Pete the bartender was one of the first to know my wife was pregnant because she asked for a seltzer instead of her normal Chardonnay as he brought over my dry beefeater martini which he made perfectly.
Consistency was what they served best with their burger and it is still close to what it was then but like so many other things their burger has changed- price being the biggest change-$18 Eastchester burger last night-that’s DOUBLE what it always was!?!
Still, being there last night with just one of my sons (on his request) brought back all the memories and worth every penny.
Food memory lane complete!

Pipers Kilt has always been a mainstay in my family- I remember Tuesday’s in the summer would also be PK night with bunches of families after swimming at Lake Isle(Regina was always our server); it was everyone’s first date restaurant in HS; when I bought my house and was cleaning up and painting my wife and I spent every night there for dinner(come as you are- paint covered and all); Pete the bartender was one of the first to know my wife was pregnant because she asked for a seltzer instead of her normal Chardonnay as he brought over my dry beefeater martini which he made perfectly.
Consistency was what they served best with their burger and it is still close to what it was then but like so many other things their burger has changed- price being the biggest change-$18 Eastchester burger last night-that’s DOUBLE what it always was!?!
Still, being there last night with just one of my sons (on his request) brought back all the memories and worth every penny.
Food memory lane complete!

Pete is the best. My father taught one of his brothers in high school so we had a good connection. Many a night we closed down the bar with him and Kevin. Are they still working there? Last time I was there was probably 15 years ago.

Pete is the best. My father taught one of his brothers in high school so we had a good connection. Many a night we closed down the bar with him and Kevin. Are they still working there? Last time I was there was probably 15 years ago.

Neither Pete or Kevin we’re there....I’m nervous that Pete fell ill a while back but don’t quote me on that

Neither Pete or Kevin we’re there....I’m nervous that Pete fell ill a while back but don’t quote me on that

That would be real sad. He goes down as my favorite all time bartender.

• Like 1