Steve863 - no, that is not the case.  Yes, some people felt the religious message was more than what they expected, but there are a number of other threads and my feedback that this is not the intent or what we have experiences going to a number of these shows.  Yes, there is a religious message at the end for Charlie's experiences, but in no way is it a message that is forcing anything down people's throats.

This show is also being sponsored by our church and the material also depicts that there is a religious element to Charlie's message - that is actually something that a lot of people are coming for.  From my own personal experience, the vast majority of the show is related to deer, their biology, the rut and the photographic presentation of changes through the seasons.  Others have had a different experience and that is fine, but reading through the posts, there are other varying experiences listed here, not just the one you commented on above.

I recommend people check out the show and decide for themselves, as there are many people coming for a repeat show and have nothing but positive things to say about the entire experience.  I'm not looking to start an argument here, which tends to happen in other posts, but want to make sure individual comments aren't taken out of context and then added to, and turned into something that isn't accurate.  Some of the claims and comments that you make above are far more extreme than what people were talking about.

Thanks.

SteveB - thank you very much, I appreciate your comment a lot.  We're really excited about the show and the many benefits it will provide to the community as well as the guests attending.  Hundred of hours have gone into planning it so far and more to go to make it as full as we can, and also hand out as much gear to people as possible.

Tickets and information at: www.EdenDeerShow.com.

I'm looking forward to providing a memorable evening for those who wish to attend.

Thanks!

Wow, what a reaction a Charles Alsheimer show gets! From what I can tell it is being backed by a Church Community Service building and it asks to bring donations for a food pantry.  I do not know how any talk of religion or God can sneek up on anybody.  I understand there are objections, that's what makes this country great.  But, if you don't mind listening to a great speaker talk about what makes him tick, a lot of hunting and deer talk and prizes are there for the taking.  I've seen him many times and it seems to me God has influenced his life in such a positive way, he likes to share the experience.  Kind of when you get that monster 10 pointer, you want to tell everyone who will listen to the story.  Oh yea, he talks about that 10 pointer (and many others) too, for most of the night.

Trapper, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.  Your advertisement definitely states that he will also talk about his personal faith story, so people were forewarned.  If he somehow advertised a seminar about deer only, and started talking about his faith, then I'd have a problem with it.  Just because a non-religous event or talk is being held on church grounds shouldn't mean that one is now subject to a talk about religion or faith.  I for one have been to numerous events, where the church rented out it's facilities to speakers or musicians and religion played NO part in any of it.

post-5148-0-75352900-1406740961_thumb.jp

Thanks Steve, I appreciate that.  And I do understand your position on making sure expectations are set ahead of time - that is a valid point and one that I do take seriously.  This has been a healthy exchange of thoughts and that's what we're all about.  I just want to be sure that the details are as accurate as possible.  While there is a religious element here, this will be a show about whitetails, the rut, hunting expertise, gathering other outdoor professionals prior to the show for people to take with and getting hunting gear back in the hands of as many guests as possible.

For others reading these posts - first, thank you for reading and I hope you join us at the show.  To be clear, this is an event being held at our local high school (not on church grounds) on Saturday, September 13th, (see www.EdenDeerShow.com for more details and tickets).  The meal will be provided in the cafeteria and the show held in the auditorium in order to provide comfortable seating throughout.

We will have a number of professionals set up to meet and talk to during this time in the hallways between the cafeteria and auditorium, during the Chinese auction time before the show.  The show will be about whitetail deer, and at the end, there is a message about Charlie's personal faith experience and military support - a good message for sure, but I want to be clear with everyone that it is there.  This is also not a message to push religion on people, it's about Charlie's own personal story and experiences, and how that has influenced his life and hunting - a very interesting perspective.  Feel free to contact me if any questions or for group ticket sales, as I can offer a discount on group sales.

Many guests have seen the show a number of times and learn something new at each event.  Come on out for some good food, get to meet lots of people who share the same love of hunting and the outdoors as you do, and take a shot at winning a Mathews bow, a muzzleloader and many other outdoor related prizes.  And don't forget a non-perishable food donation for the local food pantry, as it'll be getting closer to the holidays and many mouths to feed.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the offline questions and your interest in the show.  For anyone reading this post for the first time, please let me know if any questions or information that I can help clarify.  I am excited about the number of people interested in the show, and also to be able to give away a lot of great outdoor gear.

Please keep the questions coming and help spread the word to those who you feel would be interested in attending as well.

Tickets and information at: www.EdenDeerShow.com.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

TrapperJohn

Alsheimer Show Flyer, Final.pdf

Edited by TrapperJohn

Anyone that has attended any of his seminars knows that he will discuss religion . If that offends someone , they should just stay away so that they won't be bothered with any religious enlightenment . I have attended 4 of his seminars and they were excellent plus I met a lot of deer hunters .

Would love to hear the deer talk but can't see paying for a sermon - if that is what happens.

That's why your free to go, or not, to one of his shows... he isn't an in your face kind of guy about his faith anyway... you would enjoy it Steve.

Hi NFA-ADK - I can answer your question with a question myself, and how can I coax you and your family / friends to Eden to see the show on September 13th?  (LOL - joking here...)  I'm not sure how far East Charlie goes with his talk, but hopefully you'll get an opportunity to attend one.  The invite to come to Eden is wide open, although a bit of a trek for you...

As nyantler says above, the religious message at the very end of the show isn't an "in your face" message, rather a review of Charlie's experiences and how it's impacted his personal and hunting life.  There is a lot of great deer information to be shared, as well as the opportunity to talk with many other hunters.  Certainly it's up to everyone to decide what they want to do and participate in, and I can assure you that there are many positive reasons to come to the show on the 13th.

I had an opportunity to talk to a lot of people at our local summer festival this weekend and there is a lot of interest and excitement about the show and the many give-aways planned.

Tickets and information at: www.EdenDeerShow.com.  The more tickets we sell, the more we'll give away...

Thanks!

Edited by TrapperJohn
  • Like 1

Let me give you a little personal testimony of my own about Charles Alscheimer. When my son was about 8 years old I took him to see Charlie.  By the end of the night my boy was hooked.  I went up to Charles after he show and talked to him with my son and he signed one of his calendars for my son.  The boy has been hooked on hunting ever since.  That boy is 18 now and through the years he has gotten me out in the woods turkey hunting, bowhunting, even squirrel hunting.  3 things I have never done until my son wanted to.  A bond between father and son that will last forever was sparked by a speaker who shares a passion for an amazing animal called a deer.  I thank God for his passion.  What better role model for your son than Charles when he likes to hunt.  The knowledge he has by just observing deer is limitless.  His ability to get close enough to those animals in their natural habitat to photogragh their most private, vulnerable moments is amazing.  I'm going... again.  And can not wait to spend a night with hunters and swap stories with them because we all know that is what we hunters do best.

The last I knew, Charlie has 3 different presentations that he performs.  It depends what the sponsor paid for.  One presentation is about QDM, one is Whitetails through the seasons, the other one is his personal testimony.

The first time I saw Charlie I saw the first two.  The second time, just the QDMA, the third time I saw the first and third topics.

No one is going to tell you to run out and join a church.  Charlie will just explain how his faith has affected him in his life.

• Like 1

It is a far drive for me, I do not know of any others willing to make this journey.  The other issue is if I see the wonderful western NY lands I might never want to come back to LI!!!  Especially if I see some of those beautiful deer our members have been posting!  My luck I would set up the trip and run one over, lol.  One day I will get to one of his seminars.

Let me give you a little personal testimony of my own about Charles Alscheimer. When my son was about 8 years old I took him to see Charlie.  By the end of the night my boy was hooked.  I went up to Charles after he show and talked to him with my son and he signed one of his calendars for my son.  The boy has been hooked on hunting ever since.  That boy is 18 now and through the years he has gotten me out in the woods turkey hunting, bowhunting, even squirrel hunting.  3 things I have never done until my son wanted to.  A bond between father and son that will last forever was sparked by a speaker who shares a passion for an amazing animal called a deer.  I thank God for his passion.  What better role model for your son than Charles when he likes to hunt.  The knowledge he has by just observing deer is limitless.  His ability to get close enough to those animals in their natural habitat to photogragh their most private, vulnerable moments is amazing.  I'm going... again.  And can not wait to spend a night with hunters and swap stories with them because we all know that is what we hunters do best.

Well said trophyhunter. I'm going... and taking a buddy. I've always wanted to meet and listen to Charles. I'm sure his photography alone will be worth the drive and I'm really looking forward to this!!

MY PROPERTY IS 5 MINUTES FROM CHARLIES, AND ALTHOUGH I HAVENT BEEN TO HIS SINCE I WAS A KID. MY NEIGHBOR IS IN CONTACT WITH CHARLIE ALL YEAR LONG. AND THE STORIES I HEAR FROM HIM AND HIS DEER AND THE TRICKS HE DOES TO GET DEER TO DO CERTAIN THINGS IS AWESOME! LETS US KNOW WHAT PHASE OF THE RUT WE ARE IN. GREAT GUY.

MY PROPERTY IS 5 MINUTES FROM CHARLIES, AND ALTHOUGH I HAVENT BEEN TO HIS SINCE I WAS A KID. MY NEIGHBOR IS IN CONTACT WITH CHARLIE ALL YEAR LONG. AND THE STORIES I HEAR FROM HIM AND HIS DEER AND THE TRICKS HE DOES TO GET DEER TO DO CERTAIN THINGS IS AWESOME! LETS US KNOW WHAT PHASE OF THE RUT WE ARE IN. GREAT GUY.

Sometimes we get an an unfair advantage in the whitetail world! One of the perks of studying how these great animals tick.

Great comments everyone, thank you.  Reading these posts is getting me even more excited.  Some more donations came in today for the door prizes / Chinese auction, and I'm looking forward to giving out as much stuff as possible.  While the talk from Charlie is the main attraction, I figure it won't hurt to send some people home with some good gear and prizes as well!

Please note that anyone interested in the tickets that include the full meal, the counts will need to be in by end of month or so.  No pressure here, it's not that kind of show, but want to make sure everyone is in the loop on the timing.  The meal tickets are the most popular sold so far, as you can't beat what you'll get for an extra $6.00.

And don't forget a non-perishable food donation for the food pantry... 

More information and ticket sales found at: www.EdenDeerShow.com

Please help spread the word, thanks!

TrapperJohn

• 2 weeks later...

Quick follow up to some questions that I am getting offline, that the meal tickets are still available for the Charlie Alsheimer show in Eden, NY on Saturday, September 13th, and a great deal for $6 extra.  These will probably be available for the coming week or so, to get the final numbers in - they are selling fast.  The top door prizes are being delivered in the coming week - a Mathrews Drenalin and a Traditions Buckstalker, camo dipped and scoped with a case - in addition to many other prizes and auction give-aways.  Just delivered today is a full beginner's sausage making kit, including electric grinder to add to the Chinese auction table!

And don't forget a non-perishable food donation for the food pantry... 

More information and ticket sales found at: www.EdenDeerShow.com

Please help spread the word, thanks!

TrapperJohn