Racist? No a person who speaks the truth.

NFA-ADK

I agree.  Thanks for posting.  Many of the problems in our society today can be attributed to the breakdown of the family.  It is at its worst in today black culture.   I wish black leaders including our president would speak up for the family.  I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen. 

• Like 1

Agree.  Nicki Minaj who's one of the current "it" girls in hip hop culture today released a new song this past week called "Anaconda" which she sang during the VMA Music awards.  This line was taken straight out of the lyrics.

"Now that bang bang bang, I let him hit it cause he slang cocaine"

Through out the whole song she talks about great it is to sleep with drug dealers.

Now, a ton of teenage girls who listen to her songs would emulate that.

• Like 1

If you're raising your teenage girls to take life advice from Ninki Manaj song lyrics, that's a different problem.

You sound like the people that said every teenage boy who listened to heavy metal in the 80s was going to be a satan-worshiping murderer.

For the record, I have yet to worship satan, or kill someone.  I guess my parents had some impact too.

Edited by Sogaard

75% parenting issue.  25% lack of positive role model issue.  A friend of mine use to work with inner city youths.  I volunteered a couple of times to be a speaker being that I was raised in the inner city.  You talk to these kids and 98% of the time the person they look up to is Jay-Z or LeBron James.  Maybe 2 kids out of a group of 30 or so kids look up to Obama.

It's impossible to get millions of parents to do the right thing but it is easier to get one rap artist to do the right thing.

Edited by Elmo

Dad's not around and mom's out either working or doing her own thing so the TV becomes the baby sitter.

When I asked one of them why they look up to Jay-Z?  The response was that he is the only one they know who grew up like they did and made it big.

It's tough because my job as a guest speaker was to give these kids a positive role model.  A proof that it can be done without selling drugs or a life of crime.  But the problem is I'm Asian and they didn't relate to me even though I grew up in the hood.  Naturally, they took more to my buddy Colin who's black.

It's not a black or white or any other race problem, it's a poverty problem.  I've been to the south side of 8 Mile in Detroit and you see as many whites and south-east Asians as you see blacks doing the exact same thing.  In Washington Heights where I grew up its all Dominicans and Puerto Ricans.

If you're raising your teenage girls to take life advice from Ninki Manaj song lyrics, that's a different problem.

You sound like the people that said every teenage boy who listened to heavy metal in the 80s was going to be a satan-worshiping murderer.

For the record, I have yet to worship satan, or kill someone.  I guess my parents had some impact too.

Interesting thought. Back in the 50's, we had the same sort of thing involving the gyrations of Elvis and such back in my teenage years. Yeah, we also had all those movies with James Dean, Sal Mineo, Brando, and all those other "bad-boy" guys who cranked out all those gang war, rumble, juvenile delinquents, switchblade kinds of movies. Heck, I didn't even know what a switchblade was until I saw those movies..... lol. But other than a few harmless hair-dos, the turned up collar, the black leather jackets. and engineer's boots, I survived all of that without heading to a life of evil. But then too, can anyone deny an evolution of severe deterioration of morals, increase in the callousness of crime, cheapening of life, and yes, even an increase in the number of "satan worshipping murderers" over all those decades? So maybe they all had it right, but just had the "extent" a bit overstated. Perhaps they shouldn't have said "every" teenage boy. But then maybe we shouldn't pooh-pooh such notions just because it didn't happen to "every" teenage boy. I'm just saying that maybe some of this stuff really is exactly as evil as it sounds to one extent or another. It just might be that when you have the entertainment industry cramming this stuff in your eyes and ears constantly, there just might be an erosion of society that takes place. Like so many other invasive evils, they come slowly and hardly perceptibly. But they grind their way to form reality just as surely as any form of erosion.

Interesting thought. Back in the 50's, we had the same sort of thing involving the gyrations of Elvis and such back in my teenage years. Yeah, we also had all those movies with James Dean, Sal Mineo, Brando, and all those other "bad-boy" guys who cranked out all those gang war, rumble, juvenile delinquents, switchblade kinds of movies. Heck, I didn't even know what a switchblade was until I saw those movies..... lol. But other than a few harmless hair-dos, the turned up collar, the black leather jackets. and engineer's boots, I survived all of that without heading to a life of evil. But then too, can anyone deny an evolution of severe deterioration of morals, increase in the callousness of crime, cheapening of life, and yes, even an increase in the number of "satan worshipping murderers" over all those decades? So maybe they all had it right, but just had the "extent" a bit overstated. Perhaps they shouldn't have said "every" teenage boy. But then maybe we shouldn't pooh-pooh such notions just because it didn't happen to "every" teenage boy. I'm just saying that maybe some of this stuff really is exactly as evil as it sounds to one extent or another. It just might be that when you have the entertainment industry cramming this stuff in your eyes and ears constantly, there just might be an erosion of society that takes place. Like so many other invasive evils, they come slowly and hardly perceptibly. But they grind their way to form reality just as surely as any form of erosion.

Yes, yes, I challenge this.

Go back through history and tell me a time period when every human life was held in higher regard than it is now.  Certainly not the 1800s.  And I'm pretty sure I could come up with some great arguments that it wasn't during the 1700s.  Anything prior to that would be cake to disprove.

US statistics have all major crimes on a steady decrease since around 1993. I could go all Freakonomics on you and tie in the fact that legalized abortion is more than likely tied into this decrease in crime, but I won't push my luck with this crowd. 

The difference these days is we hear about every single incident, everywhere in the world, as soon as it happens. Crime hasn't increased, just our awareness of it has.

I'm not saying it's solely the responsibility of the entertainment industry. Proper parenting is still and will always the the biggest influence. I grew up on gangsta rap but I also had my parents. If you don't have your parents then all you have is gangsta rap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow, Papist. Of all the ridiculous nonsense that you've posted, you may have just outdone yourself with that statement. Even the dumbest O'Reilly-loving clowns know that Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization. They have offices in the areas where they're needed most so as to provide access to their services.

Maybe the fact that you've been mostly ignored on the forum for a while compels you to try even harder for the attention that you need.

Crime, out of wedlock births, unemployment lack of parenting & total disrespect for others are all through the roof in these communities. Blaming racism is just a cowardly way of rationalizing despicable behavior and gives people a reason not to have to acknowledge embarrassing facts. How many young African Americans will  be shot, by other African Americans,  this weekend in Chicago..Detroit…Baltimore…etc….because of racism ???? Sad.

Firstly, I never made any such suggestion. I just laughed at yours.

Secondly, the 'evidence' that you posted are accusations. Do you have anything that shows how those cases turned out? Cause, if there's anything that any of us know from reading all your silly posts, anyone can make an accusation.

Yes, yes, I challenge this.

Go back through history and tell me a time period when every human life was held in higher regard than it is now.  Certainly not the 1800s.  And I'm pretty sure I could come up with some great arguments that it wasn't during the 1700s.  Anything prior to that would be cake to disprove.

US statistics have all major crimes on a steady decrease since around 1993. I could go all Freakonomics on you and tie in the fact that legalized abortion is more than likely tied into this decrease in crime, but I won't push my luck with this crowd. 

The difference these days is we hear about every single incident, everywhere in the world, as soon as it happens. Crime hasn't increased, just our awareness of it has.

Of course we are talking about modern times and not getting into prehistoric history.....lol. And certainly, when I say that sanctity of life is on the decline, I am alluding to the motivations as opposed to raw numbers. Certainly we can enter in wars and other monumental episodes of killing, but I believe we are talking about modern day U.S. societal evolution.

Quote: "Crime hasn't increased, just our awareness of it has."

There is a statement that kind of defies belief. With the advent of the drug culture and the massive, elaborate organizations that dwarf the Mafia in terms of size and resources, I really do have a hard time accepting that statement.

Quote: "Go back through history and tell me a time period when every human life was held in higher regard than it is now."

For openers, I would say the 1950's were definitely a calmer and even a sedate decade. And even the 60's which may be the decade of the beginning of the moral decline has been dwarfed by subsequent decades. I might also point out that the increase in the impact of media, entertainment and other forms of communication that have entered into the shock realm have been on a parallel increase. Coincidence??? .... perhaps not.

There has been a dramatic shift in values over the last several decades, regardless of skin color. Consumerism, a general desensitization, and most recently, an almost sociopathic use of 'social' media have combined to alter the very concept of 'civil'ization. This trend reveals itself most dramatically in what were once the most family-oriented groups.

Then again, that includes all of us to some extent or another, if you go back far enough.

Non-Profit doesn't mean not raking in huge government subsidies and employing lots of unnecessary people, creating huge expenses and wasting money so as not to show a profit.

Any non-profit can have billions in revenue if it can show billions in expenses.  the question becomes, how do they spend the money?

post-177-0-84478000-1409423181_thumb.png