last minute prep

fisher2

Just shootin' the bow right now. Another week or so and the clothes and gear will be hung in the woods out back for a little air.

Mainly keeping my fingers crossed, hoping the deer stick around for another month before moving away to find the harvested grain fields. The farmers all planted late around here, so maybe the harvest will be a little late as well.

well, thats a bummer, shot a new broadhead into a new target to check my zero with a live head and blade sheared off, called grim reaper, they're on lunch waiting to hear back on if they'll replace it or send me new blades

Some targets I wouldn't shoot mechs into if I wanted to reuse them. That's why they include a practice head in the pack. They fly true to the real thing. The other thing you can do is use dental floss to close the blades shut. The minor weight doesn't impact it at hunting distance. But, again, the practice head is where it is at.

yeah, thats what they told me on the phone they're going to send me replacement blades anyway. and an extra practice head "just incase you lose your first"

Some targets I wouldn't shoot mechs into if I wanted to reuse them. That's why they include a practice head in the pack. They fly true to the real thing. The other thing you can do is use dental floss to close the blades shut. The minor weight doesn't impact it at hunting distance. But, again, the practice head is where it is at.

my prep has been done since august... i let all my neighbors do their last minute prep and push everything on to my property, i get a kick out of seeing atv running around ,hanging stands ,cutting shooting lanes, chimneys fired up, chainsaw and log splitters running. 2 weeks and closer to season... lol

def gotta make a trip out to Calverton.  Im not crazy about the grim reapers I bought a pack last year and well....they kinda suck!  I kept finding them coming undone and opening up just from walking.  I switched to the titanium rage pros and so far so good! Planning a bear hunting trip next weekend and possible a goose hunt as well.  Might turn out to be a pretty cool weekend!

It's nice to see all the enthusiasm here. I still get very exited as the season draws near but don't spend the time or effort that some of you do, good for you! My main archery hunting area is 75 miles from home and between work, family and laziness I don't make it down enough.

Last Sunday I did some prep work so I should be fine for my first hunt, whenever it is.

Will attempt without breaking a rib, ha. I guess that means I reel in the small ones?

No small ones buddy - all 30lbs plus on Sat. and yes, you will reel them in with David. Just keep the butt of the rod out of your ribs or wear a flak jacket. Should have mentioned that before your last king. lol Don't want any excuses when I shoot a bigger buck than you!

No small ones buddy - all 30lbs plus on Sat. and yes, you will reel them in with David. Just keep the butt of the rod out of your ribs or wear a flak jacket. Should have mentioned that before your last king. lol Don't want any excuses when I shoot a bigger buck than you!

I can't wait until you shoot a 2.5.