9/11/2001 Never Forget!

NFA-ADK

Never forget the lost lives taken from us on this day!  I will never forget the attack on NY and the innocent lives taken by extremist.  The brave people of flight 93 that crashed into Pennsylvania.  And the victims in Washington. 

The bravest of firefighters who gave their lives to try and save others.  The hero's who did not allow a plane to be used as a weapon and fought back on flight 93. 

No I will never forget! 

God Bless America! 

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 6

Never forget the lost lives taken from us on this day!  I will never forget the attack on NY and the innocent lives taken by ISLAMIC extremist.  The brave people of flight 93 that crashed into Pennsylvania.  And the victims in Washington. 

The bravest of firefighters who gave their lives to try and save others.  The hero's who did not allow a plane to be used as a weapon and fought back on flight 93. 

No I will never forget! 

God Bless America! 

Fixed it for you

• Like 3

Every single foreign terrorist attack against America in the last 20 years has been perpetrated by Extremist Islamic young males.

Never forget who attacked us on 9/11, especially by not saying so!

BTW, "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue"

Barry Goldwater 

Edited by Mr VJP

Every single foreign terrorist attack against America in the last 20 years has been perpetrated by Extremist Islamic young males.

Never forget who attacked us on 9/11, especially by not saying so!

BTW, "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue"

Barry Goldwater 

Picky-picky ....lol.

You are right that Barry Goldwater popularized the quote by using it in his acceptance speech at the 1964 Republican Convention and is often attributed as the originator. The fact is that the phrase was lifted from the true author, Marcus Tullius Cicero (106BC - 43BC). I recall during the remainder of that campaign, Barry was severely hammered about the head and shoulders with that quote, and while he wasn't really expected to win that election, that addition with it's many interpretations didn't help his candidacy one bit. I was a dyed-in-the-wool Goldwater supporter and it was his candidacy that caused me to switch my registration to the Conservative Party.

But anyway, all that pickiness aside, you are absolutely correct. If we exclude our very own, home-grown terrorists, the terrorists acts against the U.S. citizens and property are truly coming from one specific area of the world, and it is a fact worth remembering.

Thirteen years have gone fast. but we will never forget in my house.  My then pre-schooler walked in just in time during the live broadcast to see the second plane hit - he was nervous about seeing any planes in the sky for the next year or so.

Maybe this is why the college visits so far have all been to schools within a few hours drive?

One of my B-in-laws lost friends at WTC that day.

Now we have to worry about ISIS either coming or already here.  The world has really changed since that day.

One thing we have to accept is that there will always be some version of al-Qaeda, Taliban, al-Shabab, ISIS/ISIL, and the Bin-ladens, and Terry Nichols/Tim mcVeighs, of this world who are focused on our destruction. The names and faces may change, but evil will always be here to test us. It doesn't matter what direction these forces of evil come from. Inside or out, sand dunes or local city streets, it is a worthless activity to spin around trying to assign blame. It comes from all around us.The world and its modern destruction technology have added to the payload of determined evil and hateful forces and continues to extend their reach into our lives. In short, the world has become a very dangerous place. It simply has become the very dangerous world that we live in. Our biggest and most important challenge is to fend off these forces of evil without destroying our own heritage and guarantees of freedom in the name of homeland security. Yes homeland security is necessary, but we always have to keep an eye on where it is dragging us. All those that we remember today from the 911 attacks and other atrocities around the world will have died for nothing if we begin to trash our own freedoms and ways of life in defense of those that would do us harm.

• Like 1

There is a very big difference between the Oklahoma bombing and the Muslim extremists.  Oklahoma was an act of revenge directed at a federal building and designed to avenge the government's actions at Waco, TX.  No other attacks were planned, and no other attacks like it have happened since then.  It was a bombing, not an act of terrorism. (I still say if they had bombed the IRS building in Wash, D.C., they would be heroes today. LOL!)

Now, radical Muslim extremists are not looking to attack the US Government, they want to show Americans our government is incapable of protecting us.  I believe they are correct about that.  Terrorism is an ongoing evil that, from the radical Muslim view, will not end until every American is DEAD!  That's terrorism.

So when anyone points to Oklahoma as some sort of defense of radical Muslims, they are making a very big mistake in their comparison defending terrorists.

There is a very big difference between the Oklahoma bombing and the Muslim extremists.  Oklahoma was an act of revenge directed at a federal building and designed to avenge the government's actions at Waco, TX.  No other attacks were planned, and no other attacks like it have happened since then.  It was a bombing, not an act of terrorism. (I still say if they had bombed the IRS building in Wash, D.C., they would be heroes today. LOL!)

Now, radical Muslim extremists are not looking to attack the US Government, they want to show Americans our government is incapable of protecting us.  I believe they are correct about that.  Terrorism is an ongoing evil that, from the radical Muslim view, will not end until every American is DEAD!  That's terrorism.

So when anyone points to Oklahoma as some sort of defense of radical Muslims, they are making a very big mistake in their comparison defending terrorists.

There may be differences, but both are heinous acts of terrorism in any sense of the word. Both involved deaths of innocents, and neither has any sane justification whatsoever. Also both were attacks against our country. I'd say there are a whole lot more similarities than differences.

There may be physical similarities, but ideologically, they are very different.  But in reality, Oklahoma was a mass murder.  It was done by American citizens and done as a one shot crime.  The Weather Underground in the 60's was never referred to as a terrorist group.  They bombed a lot of government offices and declared war on the government.  Was it because they were Leftists and not right wing loonies?  Many of them are free to roam today and Bill Ayers is even considered a political leader and friend of Obama.  I think that's very wrong, terrorist or not.

Terrorism is an ongoing campaign that's purpose is to kill foreign enemies and instill fear for long term tactical gain.  It's an undeclared war by people without a country they affiliate with.  that makes it impossible to attack their homeland and get international sanctions against them.

Nobody is defending the Oklahoma bombers, but every time someone compares them to Muslim extremists, it minimizes the threat posed by these jihadists.  The same thing happens when we allow politicians to use the word "terrorists" when they want to demonize and villify political enemies like the Tea Party, Conservatives, The NRA and gun owners.

There may be physical similarities, but ideologically, they are very different.  But in reality, Oklahoma was a mass murder.  It was done by American citizens and done as a one shot crime.  The Weather Underground in the 60's was never referred to as a terrorist group.  They bombed a lot of government offices and declared war on the government.  Was it because they were Leftists and not right wing loonies?  Many of them are free to roam today and Bill Ayers is even considered a political leader and friend of Obama.  I think that's very wrong, terrorist or not.

Terrorism is an ongoing campaign that's purpose is to kill foreign enemies and instill fear for long term tactical gain.  It's an undeclared war by people without a country they affiliate with.  that makes it impossible to attack their homeland and get international sanctions against them.

Nobody is defending the Oklahoma bombers, but every time someone compares them to Muslim extremists, it minimizes the threat posed by these jihadists.  The same thing happens when we allow politicians to use the word "terrorists" when they want to demonize and villify political enemies like the Tea Party, Conservatives, The NRA and gun owners.

Of course the ideologies are different, but they are both wackos that indiscriminately kill and maim innocents over some demented thought lodged in their sick minds. To me that is a pretty good definition of a terrorist. Actually, the only reason that Oklahoma bombing was a one-and-done was not the choice of the perpetrators. And calling that sort of domestic terrorism "done" isn't exactly true either. There are still militia compounds preaching hate and most likely are still planning to launch their own little version of Jihad even now. And as a matter of fact, the term domestic terrorism of the 60s was indeed used relative to the escapades of those wackos (Weathermen, SLA, Panthers) and others of the same twisted mentality. Their ideologies weren't all identical either, but they still dealt in terror and violence against our country. Muslim extremists do not have a lock on that term, and no one who embraces that kind of mentality should be over-looked, ignored or trusted.

It sounds to me like you're OK with expanding the terrorist label to any group of American citizens the government decides to label as wackos or extremists.  I see that as a way for those who keep making excuses for radical Muslims to try to show we have people born in our own country that are just as bad as Muslim jihadists.  That is in no way even logical.  Right Wing wackos want to overthrow the government.  Muslim terrorists want ALL Americans DEAD!

I still can't understand why they do that. To me that is aiding and abetting the enemy.  Perhaps they feel they can turn them all into folks that will support, and vote for, Democrats.

I also see it as a way that is currently being used by the Left, to demonize certain right wing factions in America that would never support the Leftists and Progressives.  That's where I get angry.  Tea Party folks are not terrorists because they wish to control spending and require fiscal responsibility.  They are not racists either.  Just because they don't have a lot of minorities?  The last thing a lot of minorities want to do is what the Tea Party advocates.  That's just one example off the top of my head, but I think you know what I'm saying.

Calling everyone a terrorist minimizes the power of the word, just like calling everyone a racist does.  It takes real horror and dedication to a cause to earn the label of terrorist.

BTW, don't try to underestimate them by saying they have some demented thought lodged in their sick minds.  They firmly believe it is the US that has demented and sick thoughts lodged in our minds.  They're not sick or crazy, THEY'RE THE ENEMY!  That's what I will never forget about 9/11, the people that attacked us.

(For those who still don't get it, it wasn't the Tea Party or the NRA!)

Edited by Mr VJP

It sounds to me like you're OK with expanding the terrorist label to any group of American citizens the government decides to label as wackos or extremists.

Don't be trying to put words in my mouth. The definition of terrorist is in the dictionary and is very specific. Use the language right, and you won't have to worry about those who don't.

And by the way, those that would belittle the events of the Oklahoma bombing as not being an act of terror should remember that 168 innocent people were killed, from age 3 to 73, with three pregnant women, and 19 children involved, and 680 other people injured. 324 buildings over a 16 block area were damaged, and it was all done over some wacked-out ideological differences with the U.S. government. Now, anyone who refuses to call that terrorism, had better look up the definition of the word because it was a classic version of terrorism in every sense of the word.

• Like 2