Just shot a monster...

StevieSacs

rule of thumb... gut shot - 8 hours and he will only go 75 yards. Just take note of the direction and you'll find him. When he lays down the first time he will die right there if he isn't pushed.

I hope so man.  Im freaking out!  Appreciate all the advice guys.   I hope the 2nd shot clipped a lung or the heart or something.  

Can shoot all the arrows you want and practice every day.. when that big buck comes out and is in front of you...its a different story

Will let you guys know how I do tomorrow 

I hope so man.  Im freaking out!  Appreciate all the advice guys.   I hope the 2nd shot clipped a lung or the heart or something.  

Can shoot all the arrows you want and practice every day.. when that big buck comes out and is in front of you...its a different story

Will let you guys know how I do tomorrow 

You did what a lot of other people don't do - you waited.  And that's huge.  In my experience, this deer will go somewhere between 50 - 200 yards and bed down.  The second arrow may have been a blessing as he could bleed more from that wound.  The gut shot may not bleed much.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  If it is a shoulder hit, you will get blood for a ways. 

I can't believe this deer did not bed down - it had to. 

Let us all know in the morning.  Don't rush.  Wait until it is good daylight. 

Edited by LetEmGrow

GOT EM!!!

Went in around midnight for fear of coyotes getting him... WHAT A SLOB.

He was legitimately 5 yards away from where I last saw him.   First shot looked like it hit the stomach and exited the back leg.. must have hit him far back quartering towards.

The second shot DRILLED him and got lungs.   I can't even express how happy I was when we saw him last night.   2 Buddys helped me get him out.   

I think i slept about 2 hours last night I was so excited.  For this to be my first buck ever, i can't even put into words how I have been feeling.  I know he is a monster and possibly a deer of a lifetime. 

Appreciate all the advice guys.  Bringing it to the butcher now.

post-3978-0-58848300-1414409259_thumb.pn

post-3978-0-32380100-1414409262_thumb.pn

post-3978-0-79152600-1414409264_thumb.pn

post-3978-0-96213100-1414409271_thumb.pn

• Like 27