Anyone following this Ferguson stuff going on?

burmjohn

I heard it was so most people were home from work and the kids weren't at school. But I agree, it certainly gives those savages an advantage and extra difficulty for law enforcement.

The safety of children trumps all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this became better tv than the bills game last night. I hate that it's about race. Right or wrong, justice should be for all colors and not made out to be a big deal or a small deal based on race, gender, sex, sexual orientation etc.

That being said, it's sad to see the looting of a bunch of local stores that were probably owned by african americans. I understand that it's a bunch of kids just getting in on the fun and a small group of anarchists who set the fires... but it just doesn't help their cause at all. I am not black so I cannot relate, but the facts seem to support the cop defending himself against a proven criminal. It still sucks that it happened but even worse is the outcome.

• Like 2

They planned on the looting and burning no matter the outcome. I can't believe there aren't reports of the POS's being piled up by the property owners that they are looting and burning.

as i watched last night I wondered if I would have stayed in my store (small business owner, screw the chains) armed to the teeth or figured they might eventually get me and just chalk it up as an insurance claim... I can't imagine shooting a bunch of people to defend material possessions would ever end well or be worth it. The principal of it all is what makes the decision tough.

Edited by Belo

as i watched last night I wondered if I would have stayed in my store (small business owner, screw the chains) armed to the teeth or figured they might eventually get me and just chalk it up as an insurance claim... I can't imagine shooting a bunch of people to defend material possessions would ever end well or be worth it. The principal of it all is what makes the decision tough.

Even in NY the duty to retreat isn't in force for Arson. It wouldn't bother me in the least. No consequences for actions is what got this whole thing started. I can't imagine the mind set that thinks it is ok to attack a LEO and not expect sever consequences.  

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

Even in NY the duty to retreat isn't in force for Arson. It wouldn't bother me in the least. No consequences for actions is what got this whole thing started. I can't imagine the mind set that thinks it is ok to attack a LEO and not expect sever consequences.  

my point was that after all the court dates, lawyer fees, having to go into hiding as a target is put on your head for defending your property; is it worth it? I am not saying we should just roll over and take it. That's why I said it's a tough decision. But as a parent of 2 young boys, I'm not sure I'd stake my life on protecting material possessions that can be replaced by insurance. And if I do survive my life is forever changed. Look at this cop for example. His life is changed forever.

• Like 1

There minds where made up that the cop was guilty without all the facts. Would the DOJ like a conviction just because of the color of ones skin? this is reverse racism. People say its not about race but it is about race, plain and simple truth if it was a Black cop killing a white kid would anyone care.Peanut head Sharpton the biggest race baiter there is in MO we should all feel better. After The grand jury heard the facts rules and said its a clean shoot, Our DOJ says we will look into it again what message does this send All Americans. If you don't like the decision just destroy & rob, hurt others and you will get a do over. The DOJ Eric Holder Lowers the bar & tarnish's the of the law of the land and adds fuel to the fire. Why doesn't Holder look into Safe Act being Law, Where was all the Sharpton's and Obama's & Holders when Men are being beheaded? & a US Marine held Hostage in Mexico? This Violence will continue because it can, there is no leadership. Police and National Guard untie there hands and let them protect the people.

Edited by Huntscreek
  • Like 2

it's only a matter of time before people realize that devoting your life to law enforcement in the United States is no longer worth the potential backlash, so why bother....I guess we need two sets of laws, one for the people who follow the laws and another for the savages.

it's only a matter of time before people realize that devoting your life to law enforcement in the United States is no longer worth the potential backlash, so why bother....I guess we need two sets of laws, one for the people who follow the laws and another for the savages.

We already did that in NY. It's called the Safe Act :drinks:

We already did that in NY. It's called the Safe Act :drinks:

sorry, but you lost me on that.........I never saw people acting like animals because of the Safe Act...as wrong as it is people still acted like civilized people after it passed, if I'm missing your point please elaborate.

sorry, but you lost me on that.........I never saw people acting like animals because of the Safe Act...as wrong as it is people still acted like civilized people after it passed, if I'm missing your point please elaborate.

They want to stop crime so pass the safe act against the law abiding and do a minimal window dressing to address the real outlaws. Does that make it more clear?

• Like 2

Your more less staking your life to denfend your life. A lot of them store owners have their life savings invested and are up to their neck with bills due and now have no way to make ends.

And just my thoughts but any time or date they put the news out would have been ripped to shreds by people looking to make chaos regardless. People screaming " Burn this b!t. down ".

If a black cop shot this kid, at least they couldn't yell racism.  They would just yell police brutality.

I heard a pundit yesterday suggest only black police officers be allowed to work in black neighborhoods.  Today, an elected officer of a black police officers assn said, "Hell No!  Making us work in the most dangerous places would be grounds for a discrimination lawsuit!"

I have to agree with him.

' So the guy in the top photo is so outraged that he decides to protest this great injustice by stealing hair extensions????   Real protest or ignorant fools looking for an excuse to act like filthy street rats????