Arrows / Broadheads

crowkiller

Beman MFX series...9.6 gpi. 410 finished weight with 100 gr bh.

Used Redhead Blackouts, standard slick tricks, and this year, grim reapers. Like all three, and was suprised by the Grim Reapers. I will likely use them again next year.

This year I tried the Muzzy Phantoms. 4 blade cut on contact.

When I first opened them up the blades didn't scream super sharpness, and I was a little worried about that. But instead of taking them back I commited and took a slighly better edged to them with a stone.

End result was 3 deer with the same head. Sure I cleaned it up and made sure it had an edge, duh. But the point is they seemed like tough heads. Plus they fly true like the field points. Now, that in itself is a plus. So I will most likely have them in the quiver next year.

Was going to try the Slick Tricks, even took part in one of their try it to see if you like it programs where your sent one of each head, an 85, 100 & a grizz I think it was. If your  Muzzy fan you'll notice the resemblance. Anyhow only the standard head flew right, and I already had some chisel points so, decided to try a contact instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...