Gift For YOUR Wife?

Lawdwaz

spa couples weekends are sweet. relaxation for you both and considering most couples are pooling their money it's not a bad idea that you both go. If she has some close sisters or girlfriends that she'd rather go with you might want to talk to the husbands.

But personally I've had some awesome massage, facials, pedicures. If you think that's gay I don't believe you've ever had one yourself. Takes the stress right out of you. Healthy.

OH...MY...GODDDD :roulette:

• Like 1

This thread is so entertaining.

I equate the NYC people who hunt to the hipster movement...you know the beard, moustache, with tight jeans, flannel, boots. Look the part, and might even want to be, but even if they are, are really outsiders looking in on a great party.

Different strokes, for sure, and I understand that. There's just a line that needs to be held. I suit up several times a week and my employer could easily be located in NYC. But, everyone also knows I kill things and eat them. I might look stylish, but they also know I am a man.

• Like 2

Is she crafty?

Stuff for scrap-booking and a scrap booking book. Get a large book for it.

I got her one last year that was designed for 1 year of memories.  it is not finished yet, but that is because she is trying to figure how to add pages to a pre-bound book that she still has more stuff than there are pages for.

How your kitchen stuff?  Ceramic and Teflon coated pots and pans do wear out - is it time for a new set?

Does she ski or snow-board? If yes could get her equipment or give a gift of a ski-weekend retreat or lift passes.

Into holiday decorating - start her on a miniature village set.  Something you could add-on to every year.

Does she go camping - add to her gear.

Wife is a co-leader for girl scouts and they are just starting to camp.  Got wife into family camping a few years ago.  So last year she got stuff of her own at Christmas and not need to raid mine - waterproof match case, fire starter, pocket knife, compass, etc. (some of the stuff I would carry when on an all-day hunt for an emergency)

A car starter for her could a gift for you too.  You don't have to start her car and clean it off for her all the time.  Leave the defroster on to start the de-icing from in the house.

Gift certificates for pedicure.

Among the usual things I buy for her some thick warm, comfy socks (not the cheap ones) to lounge around the house on cold weekends (also a gift to me, as not having to deal cold feet being put on me), and a nice bottle of wine.  Some years I pickup seasonal spiced holiday wine (with hints of ginger) for that seasonal touch.

I'm sorry, but I just can't picture any of the fat, crude, bearded, beer drinking weekend warriors that I call hunting buddies getting their nails done, or having a mudcake on their faces at the salon. If they admitted something like this, I promise you they'd either be sleeping in their truck or out in the snow at deer camp. :rofl:

And the last time I got a massage, it was from a pretty little Korean woman, I think the name of the spa was "XXX Oriental"?.

Back to the topic at hand...Mrs likes to shop, I either give her cash or gift cards.

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 2

I actually bought my wife a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure because she likes getting them, but doesn't always have the money with all her other hobbies.

I am with Phade though. I would have to be in a coma before someone would be giving me any of that stuff. You guys can justify it all you want, but I will always count it as girly or gay crap. Have fun.

• Like 2

I have to ask..... How many year and how much for the classes...did it take to get that smile right?...lol

Unlike the majority in my area who have veneers, my teeth are all real. I do wear a retainer 4-5 nights a week so nothing changes!

Here's a no smile for you, Grow.

post-871-0-17981900-1419026389_thumb.jpg

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Unlike the majority in my area who have veneers, my teeth are all real. I do wear a retainer 4-5 nights a week so nothing changes!

You look like you just chipped a nail or need to pinch a loaf in that pic.  :)

• Like 3

Honestly guys and gals I'm laughing my tail off at this thread, I could EASILY blow through a weeks worth "Likes" on this thread.  I meant it to be real, you guys that are talking about GETTING a manicure, pedicure or massage for yourself are a hoot!  

OK, now seriously...........what should I get my wife?

So far this is what I got her:

Delta Sonic Applebees Dinner & Car Wash book.  She's gonna LOVE it!!!

Please keep the ideas coming and no more of those goofy gift ideas please, I'm running short on time.  TIA

Does she like to cook and bake? Kitchen Aid mixer ?! Wife has one and it's been on for the last week making cookies and holiday candy. About $300 and up. 

Vera Bradley purses are the in thing. A lot cheaper than Coach. 

Do you entertain for Christmas ? Nice set of Christmas dishes?

Good set of Henkel or other kitchen knives ?

I liked someones car starter idea

RE: spa   White Oaks in Niagara Lake ,ON is incredible (right off the QEW). Wife and I went for our 10 year anniversary. Only massage I've ever had. I don't feel as if I lost my man card for it. Honey facial . Both get massaged in beds next to each other, hot tub, bed was incredible (not even sure of the thread count on those sheets), cheese and fruit plate awaiting in our room with a bottle of champagne, chocolates on the pillow. 5 star restaurant. First class all the way. 

Engagement photo's?  No wonder you weren't smiling.  I was annoyed that day too.

• Like 2