Gift For YOUR Wife?

Lawdwaz

Oh come on guys, all in good fun!!

I'm on a mission today, something has come to me for a gift.......I just made her eggs (fancy!) and toast so now I'm outa here and off to the 5&dime store. :)

UPDATE:

Today was a success............I stopped and got two gift certificates for my father and his wife, both restaurants.  One is a fancy breakfast place, Breakin' Eggs and the other is Rizotto on Maple Rd.  Both places are winners.

last night I was laying in bed and it hit me.........back in October we were at Tractor Supply getting dog food and my wife was snooping around the clothing area.  The place is FAR from her favorite places to shop was there just killing time with me.  Well she spotted a pair of those weird tight stretchy jeans from Levis (IIRC).  They were $50 and she said "naa, too much money"  At the time I took a picture of the tag and thought I'd Google it and see if I could score them cheaper somewhere else.  I never did find them cheaper but damn the luck....they were 15% off today, WOOT!!  Because I took a picture I knew the exact size.   Smart? No, VERY smart. :)

Also yesterday I thought of something else she has been nagging me for; an extra thing to hang clothes behind our bedroom door.  I checked Kohl's, Pier 1 and finally Target before I scored what I wanted.

Under the "Lame" category you can add the FREE $35 Gift Certificate for Banchetti's Sunday Brunch that came with the $100 to Rizotto's.  (free is good)

So here's what I have now:

-Work shoes

-Delta Sonic 3 car wash package & dinner at Applebee's

-Pants

-Clothes hanger/rack

-$35 GC to Banchetti's Sunday Brunch

Tomorrow I'll grab some perfume and a card.......maybe something else too????

I really liked the idea of a musical or play not nothing really caught my eye and a couple that did were sold out.  I thought about a movie deal but ahhh, boring.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Today was a success............I stopped and got two gift certificates for my father and his wife, both restaurants.  One is a fancy breakfast place, Breakin' Eggs and the other is Rizotto on Maple Rd.  Both places are winners.

last night I was laying in bed and it hit me.........back in October we were at Tractor Supply getting dog food and my wife was snooping around the clothing area.  The place is FAR from her favorite places to shop was there just killing time with me.  Well she spotted a pair of those weird tight stretchy jeans from Levis (IIRC).  They were $50 and she said "naa, too much money"  At the time I took a picture of the tag and thought I'd Google it and see if I could score them cheaper somewhere else.  I never did find them cheaper but damn the luck....they were 15% off today, WOOT!!  Because I took a picture I knew the exact size.   Smart? No, VERY smart. :)

Also yesterday I thought of something else she has been nagging me for; an extra thing to hang clothes behind our bedroom door.  I checked Kohl's, Pier 1 and finally Target before I scored what I wanted.

Under the "Lame" category you can add the FREE $35 Gift Certificate for Banchetti's Sunday Brunch that came with the $100 to Rizotto's.  (free is good)

-Work shoes

-Pants

-Clothes hanger/rack

I really liked the idea of a musical or play not nothing really caught my eye and a couple that did were sold out.  I thought about a movie deal but ahhh, boring.

sounds like you earned yourself a manicure, pedicure and a facial after all that work!.........

• Like 8

UPDATE:

-Work shoes

-Pants

-Clothes hanger/rack

See I told you if you just paid attention she would lead you down the right path.

Lawdwaz- glad to see you're problem is solved, hope the Mrs. enjoys your efforts.

I can honestly say mine is thrilled with cash or gift cards, yeah, I know, lazy on my part, but it is what it is. I never ask for anything at Christmas, I'm happy with a Bass pro Card or 2 and some salted almonds. I always thought of Christmas as a kiddy's holiday, we save the gift-giving for birthdays & anniversaries.

As far as the manscaping, body waxes, pedicures, and whatever else the younger guys are into ....all I know is if I were to start leaving hair all over the bathroom and shaving that part of my anatomy to look like the day I was born, after her initial shock, Mrs. Uncle Nicky would immediately start thinking I was up to no good, having a late-life crisis, and  searching for greener pastures. I like to keep the peace around the home front.

• Like 1

Well I hope everyone found every thing they were looking for...Mr B is the worst!!! to find gifts for so very "picky"...I know the one stocking stuffer I got him will be the one gift he likes the best...lol

A bag of Dads old fashioned root beer barrel candies...a whopping 3.50...I will probably have to take the other things I got back......It's the thought guys...have a great holiday!...........

Luckily my daughter is home from college so I dragged here out with me this morning. She picked out, what she says are, clothes, shoes and a few other things that my wife will love….We'll see. For all I know, my daughter is messing with me and picked out a bunch of ,hideous, old lady things.. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I just have to finish wrapping up 2 items for the wife, once home from work, and before heading to Christmas eve dinner at brother-in-laws.

My son finally had an idea for mom and had to take him shopping at 9:30 last night. Only been nagging him for two weeks, and he spent 2 days sick that he could have at least looked at mom's wish list and a few suggested websites - teenagers just don't listen.  She joked about getting a new car, so he picked up a matchbox car as a gag gift, and then something she had on her wish list.

My sister has normally picked out stuff for dad to give to mom since we were in college.  Some years he comes up with some good ideas himself, but mostly he has not a clue what to give mom. 

Sometimes it pays to make notes of something you spot or just pick it up when you see and stash it for the weeks/months until Christmas.  Just don't forget where you put it and hope they don't find it until then.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Glad you were able to subdue the Christmas gift-giving angst Lawdwaz. Peace be with you.

On another note, I gave myself the most wonderful manicure today. A moisturizing soak that lasted almost two hours, including 10w-30 fully synthetic tractor oil that was a bit too hot at the start but finished beautifully, a brief spritz of carb cleaner to evict the mice that were in the intake canister of said tractor, a generous application of hydraulic fluid when the log splitter spit up on me, and I finished up with some EPA-approved biodegradable bar and chain oil. The shape and buff treatment was accomplished when I got sloppy and careless with the angle grinder sharpening mower blades for next year. This happens sometimes when you're trying to hold a beer in the other hand late in the afternoon. Thankfully there was no manscaping today, but I'm cutting firewood tomorrow afternoon so I'll be sure to let you folks know if anything like that happens! Then again, maybe I won't mention it. All in all I had good day, but ymmv.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Be well and be happy.

Mark

• Like 8

Glad you were able to subdue the Christmas gift-giving angst Lawdwaz. Peace be with you.

On another note, I gave myself the most wonderful manicure today. A moisturizing soak that lasted almost two hours, including 10w-30 fully synthetic tractor oil that was a bit too hot at the start but finished beautifully, a brief spritz of carb cleaner to evict the mice that were in the intake canister of said tractor, a generous application of hydraulic fluid when the log splitter spit up on me, and I finished up with some EPA-approved biodegradable bar and chain oil. The shape and buff treatment was accomplished when I got sloppy and careless with the angle grinder sharpening mower blades for next year. This happens sometimes when you're trying to hold a beer in the other hand late in the afternoon. Thankfully there was no manscaping today, but I'm cutting firewood tomorrow afternoon so I'll be sure to let you folks know if anything like that happens! Then again, maybe I won't mention it. All in all I had good day, but ymmv.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Be well and be happy.

Mark

Sounds like a wonderful day in the spa my friend Mark!

I certainly didn't have THAT kind of soothing experience today but I did get to enjoy the  sweet smell and burning skin while cleaning a couple centerfire rifles with Montana Extreme!!  Oh the burn is soooooo refreshing.  :D

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Larry

• Like 1

The shoes didn't fit so my daughter scarfed them up for work as SHE needed them too, the pants were a super dark blue, she wanted black....... BUT..........I insisted that she at least try them on and lo & behold she'll keep them!  The gift cards were great, clothes rack was a HUGE success and the perfume didn't happen, yet. :)

Oh, holy cow I forgot to mention THIS.......I got her a DNA test kit from Ancestry.Com  I saw something about it on  another web site I frequent.  It looked very interesting to me after reading some of the replies from other guys.  Some very revealing things and connections to other distant relatives if you did deep enough.  She thought it was pretty cool.  We didn't get the kit yet as I just ordered it the 22nd.  I printed off the emailed confirmation.  They had a xmas special; 10.00 off the regular price of $99.99  It isn't something I'm that interested in but my wife and son are into it.

• Like 4