american sniper

Red

Just got back from the movies and seen American sniper me my wife my brother inlaw and his wife were all very pleased with the movie. I Would recommend this movie to anyone that is looking for a good movie to see.

Edited by Red
  • Like 2

It was real I honestly didn't get the Hollywood feel out of it at all. I've never really walked out of a packed movie theatre where there was such silence no one was saying a word. In the men's bathroom everyone was saying how great they thought the movie was

• Like 3

I'm going to see it today.

As an aside, this stuff really makes me very angry.

Anti-Gunners Snipe at a Patriot

"American Sniper," is a film based on the true story of Navy sniper Chris Kyle and his book of the same name. Kyle served with the SEAL Team 3 Sniper Element Charlie platoon and was the most lethal sniper in U.S. history. He accumulated 160 confirmed kills and another 95 probables, and was known to his enemies as Al-Shaitan Ramad (The Devil of Ramadi). Though he survived numerous harrowing encounters in Iraq, sadly, he was killed by a vet suffering from PTSD here in the States.

That story is, in part, why the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence has provided a Facebook forum for anti-gun jackasses to swap spit over the movie and Kyle's death. "Good Riddance," jeered one. "What goes around comes around," derided another. Chris Walker, executive director of 2nd Vote, said, "Americans' voices don't end on Election Day, they continue with the dollars they spend every day. The companies and groups that are financially supporting outrageous comments like these need to explain why they continue to receive their support or risk a financial backlash as consumers might choose to take their money elsewhere." Indeed, such hateful sentiment deserves scorn of its own.

The Patriot Post

It is now on pace to decimate records for the Martin Luther King holiday and for the month of January, pulling in roughly $105 million over the four-day period. It’s also a new high-water mark for director Clint Eastwood, whose previous weekend record was the $29.5 million wide-release opening for 2008’s Gran Torino. At 84, he’s still got it.

Saw this weekend in Myrtle Beach. What amazing movie best I've seen in a long time. audience was so silent at the end and people where clapping. I got a little pissed at the end that after all he did for this country that no one from the White House went to his funeral.

I saw it last night, I enjoyed it and it was dead silent on the way out from a packed theater.

My wife and i also saw it last night and i also noticed how quiet it was when leaving ,especially for a packed theater.

It was real I honestly didn't get the Hollywood feel out of it at all. I've never really walked out of a packed movie theatre where there was such silence no one was saying a word. In the men's bathroom everyone was saying how great they thought the movie was

we saw it when it came out that night.  our experience was the same packed theater, silence during, and silence after.  only until all the way out in the lobby did people quietly say it was good.  one guy tossed a soda into the trash and when he said "excuse me" he was all choked up.  then another brushed shoulders with me also on the way out and was the same.  I've seen a bunch of movies with Bradley cooper and this didn't even seem like it was him.  way different than the normal characters he portrays.  thinking back it was more of a story with no shoot'em up action movie feel to it at all.

• Like 1