Dumb beyond belief

Borngeechee

I stopped in walmart to buy some ammo and asked an associate by the ammo case if she had the key. She says "no, I'm a Christian and I don't believe in violence". So I asked what does Christianity and violence have to do with ammo. She says because you kill things. I asked her if her steak grew on a corn stalk because as far as I know, u paid someone to kill that cow for you.

• Like 3

If you are there to do a job you do it plain and simple. If what you are doing is against your personal beliefs, then you should ask that management puts you in another department. But to refuse to sell something your employer is selling is just nuts!

• Like 3

I'm usually a fairly quiet person and do not seek out confrontation but I would have blown a gasket on this lady. It is definitely a changing world isn't it. I feel bad for my kids and everyone else's as they are going to run into more and more of this as they get older.

• Like 2

I'm usually a fairly quiet person and do not seek out confrontation but I would have blown a gasket on this lady. It is definitely a changing world isn't it. I feel bad for my kids and everyone else's as they are going to run into more and more of this as they get older.

I almost did

I stopped in walmart to buy some ammo and asked an associate by the ammo case if she had the key. She says "no, I'm a Christian and I don't believe in violence". So I asked what does Christianity and violence have to do with ammo. She says because you kill things. I asked her if her steak grew on a corn stalk because as far as I know, u paid someone to kill that cow for you.

If Hobby Lobby can discriminate due to their "deeply held religious beliefs" why not an individual?

In both cases it is BS, but that's what happens when government gets involved in religion.

Edited by wildcat junkie

If Hobby Lobby can discriminate due to their "deeply held religious beliefs" why not an individual?

In both cases it is BS, but that's what happens when government gets involved in religion.

Wouldn't Government involvement been them forcing Hobby Lobby to do something against their religious beliefs?  How is it involvement since they didn't force them?

• Like 1

There is a huge difference between a corporation making decisions and an individual who works for the corporation making them on behalf of the corporation.  When a corporation makses decisions the world goes nuts.  When an individual does, they get praised.  Pretty simple

There is a huge difference between a corporation making decisions and an individual who works for the corporation making them on behalf of the corporation.  When a corporation makses decisions the world goes nuts.  When an individual does, they get praised.  Pretty simple

She would be unemployed today if I were her manager.

• Like 5

She would be unemployed today if I were her manager.

Contact the manager. If they won't help you, try the corporate offices. Someone will listen. Ridiculous.

She called someone else over but the fact that u don't choose to sell ammo in the department that you work in because u think it isn't Christian is just crazy. I was stuck for a second like did she really just say that?
  • Like 1

Wouldn't Government involvement been them forcing Hobby Lobby to do something against their religious beliefs? How is it involvement since they didn't force them?

People are being denied coverage that others are allowed. That is discrimination.

She must not be too up on her bible reading.

Acts 10:13 "get up Peter, kill and eat"

Leviticus 11 "These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth."

Genesis 9:3 "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

Just to list a few.

• Like 5

People are being denied coverage that others are allowed. That is discrimination.

people working for Hobby Lobby were given coverage that other hobby lobby employees were denied? really?

You do know there are lots of folks out in the world with coverage for birth control, right? Are they being discriminated against too?  Must have been one of those inalienable rights they never covered in any of my classes.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2

I got verbally attacked and almost hit with a cart at walmart because i was looking at the ammo/gun case. Me and another guy with his wife and infant were iust looking. Not a word being said. This lady comes by and says "i hope your not waiting to buy something". We just ignored her. Then she went on a rant about how we are weak people because we kill animals and stand over them enjoying thsm taking their last breath. Told us to go kill isis On and on and on. I was like "huh. Keep it moving lady". Which in return made her spin her cart around and come within an inch of smahing me. Proceeded to yell and go nuts while me and this dude just stood there looking at her.

But. I almost chalk it up to her being a walmartian. Lol. We all know walmart can bring out some creatures. Bizarre non the less

• Like 3

I would have talked to the manager,and I would have made sure she followed me to the manager to hash that crap out right then and there.I don't mind someone telling me their opinion in a friendly conversation but you were there to buy a product that they sell.In my mind its not her right or privilege to spew that BS hatred on anyone who is a customer.If she doesn't like the store policy then she can seek employment elsewhere.I would be in the managers office right now,that's just me though.

• Like 4

I got verbally attacked and almost hit with a cart at walmart because i was looking at the ammo/gun case. Me and another guy with his wife and infant were iust looking. Not a word being said. This lady comes by and says "i hope your not waiting to buy something". We just ignored her. Then she went on a rant about how we are weak people because we kill animals and stand over them enjoying thsm taking their last breath. Told us to go kill isis On and on and on. I was like "huh. Keep it moving lady". Which in return made her spin her cart around and come within an inch of smahing me. Proceeded to yell and go nuts while me and this dude just stood there looking at her.

But. I almost chalk it up to her being a walmartian. Lol. We all know walmart can bring out some creatures. Bizarre non the less

So in her mind it's quite alright to kill humans,but not animals.

apparently she's a new modern day Christian that doesn't read the Bible.  In Acts God told Peter to "Get up" or "Rise" and then said "Kill and eat".  According to many of us.  That gives us a God given right to punch tags and stack game in the freezer.

• Like 2

I could take my boot off and start swinging it and probably do some serious damage. I'm willing to bet she was wearing shoes.

I know that's an extreme comparison but my point is she doesn't know what you're using it for. You might be a fan of bullet paper weights as far as she's concerned.

Probably a vegan they get a little delusional from protein depravation. 

I would have replied: "As a Christian you should understand that is what gives me the right to hunt, go read your bible again. 

Your delusional reality has been warped from to much TV, try to actually get out of your house and see nature, you will see it is not innocent and forgiving like in your fairytale world of no animal killing. 

And by the way if you eat meat, you are killing animals, you are just not privy to the actual killing because it would warp your fragile little mind."