New Member, New Hunter

bartman9

I am new here and this will be my first year hunting.  My daughter (age 13) and I are starting at the same time.  I just got a Hoyt Charger and am really exciting for the season to begin.  Been reading a lot on this site and learning a ton from everyone here.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Welcome! Good to have you join us here! Great to see dad's and daughters hunting together. I'm sure your hunting adventures together will make memories for a lifetime. 

This being your first hunting season, I'm sure you have a bunch of questions. There is a good bunch of folks here that will be happy to help answer them for you. So just join in anytime!

Good luck for your first hunting season! Remember to not get caught up in "having" to be successful and forget to just have fun!!!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

I get to try something new this year, my daughter going out hunting with me for the first time. She only has one game in her mind - pheasant.

So new partner/new hunter for me to teach.

If you re planning any all day hunts, remember to pack TP for her and plan on providing privacy when she needs it. 

Here is a helpful tip if on private land, take a 5-gallon bucket, cut out the bottom and you have a "toilet" for the woods.

Take a camera out with you for the first's - first hunt, first animal/bird harvested, etc.

Regretfully we did not think about it when I was growing up and there are no pics of my first rabbit, or deer.

Good luck out there and be safe.

Thanks Everyone!  What a great welcome and some awesome advice!  I am in Fairport.  

Our first goal will be to hunt deer.  Mainly because this is what my friends hunt and they will be mentoring us.  But, I would love to hunt turkey, pheasant and waterfowl too.  Not going to venture into any of those without some help though.  Looking forward to the season opening up.  We have both been practicing on a daily basis.