Why we get a bad name as Deer hunters.

First-light

look up the defination of respect in the dictionary.  Your meaning is not correct.  Making a clean kill is human hunting, like these rednecks did.  Clean kills & Loving the sport of hunting and using the word respect is 2 different things entirely.

search the forum and see who is calling deer search for lost injured deer.

Noone is faulting the guys for following up and finding the deer.  ::)

Like I said, you dont get it, and probably never will.

Did you ever find your lost deer ?  ::)

Yep, saw him walking in the field a week ago. Whats your point?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record i am not "defending" the posting of this video as you high class people are suggesting..i certainly wouldnt  enjoy this video myself..however concidering this is surprisingly the redneck 40 yr old virgins first deer i can accept his enthusiasim..and im pretty sure they didnt exactly set out to make a head shot video..your acting as if this sort of thing never happens..and if i look for videos on the internet i preview them  1st b4 showing my 6 yr old..everyone pays for a licence and a stamp..what they choose to do as long as its within legal guideline is nobodys buisness..sending them comments is only adding fuel to the fire..nothing  wrong here..except for disappointing the hardcore christians..

As soon as the idiots decide to publicly broadcase their idiocracy.. it becomes everyones business... in fact, that's why they put it out there.. the fat ass thought that everyone would think the video was cool of him manhandling a wounded animal then shooting it in the head and laughing about it still twitching...Well I'm sure by now they both realize that it wasn't cool..and this Christian doesn't think these jerks in the video are anything close to hunters, nor the people that would defend them.

wnybuckhunter:  you just don't get it.  there is NO RESPECT in this sport what so ever, PERIOD ENDED.  Get off your high tree stand and stop pretending to respect the animal you are killing.  Your shooting it, putting it in pain, letting it bleed out, or die from a blown out lung, pierced heart, or whatever else.  That is NOT RESPECT to an animal.  Stop pretending to worship the deer.

Your killing it,  cutting it's guts out, leaving the gut pile in the woods. then your cutting it into little pieces and munching on it.  Did you give it a proper burial with a tomb stone, and say mass ??  the only one who should respect you is your family for providing food, nothing more.  The way you kill a deer is no different than these red necks on the video.  You just don't video tape it, they did.  who cares.

hunting will always have a bad name,  give 10,000 lbs of meat to the food donation program, hunting still has a bad name.  google the anti bear hunters in NJ who are crying over the dead bears this season.  All they talk about is the trophy killers who kill for blood.

There is a right way and a wrong way of going about your business as a hunter. As hunters we form a diverse group of individuals that make us strong. These guys are hunters but they are also our weakest link. It's a shame they carry the same name as us and that's why "we" the ethical hunters must defend our position at all times. Blur and Packrocket  you don't get it.

It really does pain me to see the way some are still trying to build a case for these two guys.

I've decided it's simply not worth the effort to try to conform their followers and stand by my previous statement that some just lack that maturity level, but  I will go one step further here and add the lack of intelligence and common sence as well.

I feel that anyone who gives two hoots about the animals, hunting them, and the whole heritage of the hunting experience will lead by their own examples and pass this code of conduct along to the next generation of hunters who will be taking their places. I suspect that there are enough of us that we still stand a chance of surviving without the image of the hunt being tarnished by the handfull of incompetent bafoons that walk among us with the "look at me attitude".

The age of the internet really gives these kinds a chance to get themselves on center stage for the world to see and hear when in reality only a handfull only ever care to listen. Pretty obvious even groups like these have a way of finding supporters and often are the folks we see getting banned from forums for their abnoxious outbursts and the same disrespect for other members as they have for the critters afield.

Blur my friend- I believe you have just never been propperly taught respect and the way it is earned in the outdoors lifestyle and every day life. That's what we're here for, and the reason we tolerate folks like yourself to some extent. Seems the majority have a full understanding of seeing the big picture here while you walk around with your blinders on.

I would have had a ball running through all the holes in your last post and disecting it sentence by sentence but I just don't have the time for that right now.

I took a deer and got  it on video..when you see my face you can see im almost in tears..not cause i killed an animal..i felt the thousands of hours of scouting, planning, shopping for overpriced equipment and countless conversation and not to mention the full work week i spent actually hunting..all culminate into 2 minutes of glory..that deer died and that makes me happy cause im feedin my family..do you cry when you bite into a hamburger? I carried that camera with me for 2 yrs b4 i got a kill on video..i set out to do one thing ..hunt..and if i find that animal take it as ethically as possible..that is my responsibility when i buy that license..someone said they love these creatures..i do too..but i love deer for who they make me and the gratifying accomplishments they behold...

Blur my friend- I believe you have just never been propperly taught respect and the way it is earned in the outdoors lifestyle and every day life. That's what we're here for, and the reason we tolerate folks like yourself to some extent. Seems the majority have a full understanding of seeing the big picture here while you walk around with your blinders on.

I would have had a ball running through all the holes in your last post and disecting it sentence by sentence but I just don't have the time for that right now.

Matt.

Don't waste your time!!

A wise man once told me that "it's better to educate than to irritate."

I'm afraid, in this case, you'd only accomplish the latter!!  ::)

I would love to hear what those two guys in the video would have to say to defend themselves here on this thread... I would bet it would be the most over used expression by an uneducated man when faced with having to defend the undefendable.. " F U Guys!" :)

i think we are just spinning our wheels with some guys conveying the wrong in the video... We all know where the video stands, some guys just dont see the wrong in it and id say thats fine but i dont think thats the case...

Patrockets,

I don't think you understand the difference between Respect, Dignity and Honor and Value of life; you seem to confuse them with weakness or being "squeamish". 

You said,"i love deer for who they make me and the gratifying accomplishments they behold...    "

So is that all a deer's life means to you?

I took a deer and got  it on video..when you see my face you can see im almost in tears..not cause i killed an animal..i felt the thousands of hours of scouting, planning, shopping for overpriced equipment and countless conversation and not to mention the full work week i spent actually hunting..all culminate into 2 minutes of glory..that deer died and that makes me happy cause im feedin my family..do you cry when you bite into a hamburger? I carried that camera with me for 2 yrs b4 i got a kill on video..i set out to do one thing ..hunt..and if i find that animal take it as ethically as possible..that is my responsibility when i buy that license..someone said they love these creatures..i do too..but i love deer for who they make me and the gratifying accomplishments they behold...

So why are you defending the video???? I don't give a crap how long it took you to "get your kill on video" or how happy you were. it has nothing to do with this video. Your going in circles man.

I said i dont like what these guys did..but this isnt the worst they coulda done..always be remembered as? Bonnie and clyde..hitler...not nice people..notoriously  famous..more and more hunters are putting a camera in their arsenal..this isnt the worst case scenerio...but you know there are morons out there lookin at the FACT that they did get a quarter of a milliin views and thinkin that thats cool..i know of worse things in hunting i.e. taking a deer and not having the tags..theres nothing illegal here..just hurting feelings..just like a disney movie..

1/2 these "ethical" hunters complaing here probably go for head shots  :-\ .

Then they get up on their soap box talking about love and respect for the deer they just shot in the head, blew out 1/2 it's teeth, and the deer starves to death 3 weeks later.

In the mean time they call deer search, then post "deer search" called them back 4 days later, when it was too late.  All because they took a poor shot.