Why we get a bad name as Deer hunters.

First-light

I watched it again.

Besides the bang flop, that is the most humane deer killing I have ever seen.

Many deer die a slower more painful death than that.  All arrow shot deer die slower than that.

(forget about how they were acting, and the excitment of him getting his 1st deer, it's really not that bad.  The camera man was immature, so what.)

{flame suit on}

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should watch it a 3rd time !  ::)  The deer was still alive when the jerk pulled it out like a rag doll . Too bad the deer didn't kick him in the groin when he did that . I wonder how long that doe lived after the "humane" shot ?????????

The video never should have been on You Tube !

Go to you tube , type in Ramidogg and you can see him take a bite out of a deer's heart after field dressing a deer . Same dumb ass cameraman .

What bothered me was a couple of guys acting like dumb asses on video and posting it on a site like You Tube for everyone to see . I have never seen anyone toss a deer around like that and show so little respect for and animal they killed ( almost killed ) . Then again , I don't hunt in 3 whatever !  ::)

The deer was still alive when the jerk pulled it out like a rag doll . 

and that bothers you?? 

and shooting the deer in the 1st place doesn't ??? ?

please, GMAB.

Many bow hunters let the deer bleed out for 3 hours before spooking it.

Blur,

Why even go down this road? There is nothing in that video to defend.

Obviously you don't see the problem with the video. This world is made up of all types and you have your time expressing your opinion. By the way a few years back I was traveling down rt 17. This guy was pulling a quad on a trailer. He had shot a spike and sat it on his quad like the deer was riding it. He actually had the front hooves tied to the steering wheel and the head waved back a forth, was he from your camp?

Absolutely right Burt.. blur.. if you don't see the problem in this video, then I put you in the same class as these 2 idiots..its not about whether i can handle the blood and guts... or that it bothers me that they wounded the animal... thats not even the issue here.. the issue is the total lack of repect for the animal before dispatching it.. you might want to watch the video a few more times if you think that was humane!.. As you put it... please..GMAB!

Obviously you don't see the problem with the video. This world is made up of all types and you have your time expressing your opinion. By the way a few years back I was traveling down rt 17. This guy was pulling a quad on a trailer. He had shot a spike and sat it on his quad like the deer was riding it. He actually had the front hooves tied to the steering wheel and the head waved back a forth, was he from your camp?

I am sorry but i think i would find this helarious if i saw it while driving down the road.LOL.Whats the differance of being tied on a trunk or on a quad or just laying on the trailer next to the quad.

Look at the bright side.    It didn't go off wounded to die a slow painful death.  He finished it off. 

he damaged his hearing.  I would have used hearing protection for the 2nd shot.

At least the deer is dead,  it doesn't know the killer was unprofessional about it.

Is there really a difference between his method, and all the other guys who have pictures of a trophy ???

You're correct on all accounts.

I can't remember how many times have I watched a professional hunting show finish off an animal taking 2-3 or 4 shots. They high 5, tap fist, jump around, hoot and holler.

To the antis killing an animal in any form or fashion is against there religion.

AND, the sooner YOU as hunters understand that , the sooner you'll stop feeling guilty for killing animals. With that said, it's the guilt trip the antis count on to pit us against each other.

They konw each person has a level of guilt they can tollerate. The antis have created an entire industry based on individually concockted morals.

If you think that video is bad then don't watch any slaughter house production films.

I just watched this video and I don't understand why everyone is so upset about it. Sure it's in bad taste and the hunter did a poor job of acting like a redneck but shooting a deer like that can happen when you go deer hunting. I'm surprised there are so many bleeding hearts on this site.

Did this guy do anything illegal or unsafe? No.

All of us have a bleeding heart to one extent or another, if we didn't we wouldn't be human!!

With that being said the only thing wrong about this video is that these two idiots made it public.  If you've hunted deer long enough inevidably a bad shot will be made and a follow up or dispatch shot will be needed.  Unfortunately for us, as hunters, we have idiots like these that force us to take two steps back whenever we take one step forward.  Too bad there isn't a cure for stupidity because these two would definitely benefit from it!!!

I am sorry but i think i would find this helarious if i saw it while driving down the road.LOL.Whats the differance of being tied on a trunk or on a quad or just laying on the trailer next to the quad.

The difference is that it doesn't show any respect for your quarry!! 

I'm beginning to think there's a handful of members here who lack the maturity level to see what's wrong with this.

Plain and simple......killing is the name of the game when we hunt. If you wanna carry on like a 4 year old when you get back to camp go right ahead. If you feel the need to post your childish disrespect for all to see stay the hell away from my camp.

Kudos to the 2 nimrods for realising they needed to finish the animal off. To do it execution style in their white trash way was absolutely uncalled for..... as chest thumpingly manly as it was to them. ::)

Really no point to this vid clip other than showing 2 wanna be hillbilly jack-offs begging for attention.

I'm beginning to think there's a handful of members here who lack the maturity level to see what's wrong with this.

Plain and simple......killing is the name of the game when we hunt. If you wanna carry on like a 4 year old when you get back to camp go right ahead. If you feel the need to post your childish disrespect for all to see stay the hell away from my camp.

Kudos to the 2 nimrods for realising they needed to finish the animal off. To do it execution style in their white trash way was absolutely uncalled for..... as chest thumpingly manly as it was to them. ::)

Really no point to this vid clip other than showing 2 wanna be hillbilly jack-offs begging for attention.

Well said wooly.

Many native cultures believed animals had spirits and so they were afraid to disrespect an animal.Hunting was considered as much a religious act as a practical one.  I read about an Eskimo that was blinded by his fellow hunters for disrespecting a caribou he had killed.That doesn't happen anymore. Posting that video on youtube  turned the killing of that deer in to something to be exploited and mocked.

Kudos to the 2 nimrods for realising they needed to finish the animal off. To do it execution style in their white trash way was absolutely uncalled for..... as chest thumpingly manly as it was to them. ::P

Well said wooly.

Ditto !!!!!!!!!!

no... 99.9 % of what bothers me is how disrepectful of the animal the fat ass with the gun is.. dragging the deer around by the leg... the more you keep defending this video Blur the less I see you as a responsible hunter... there is no defense for these two.. i could describe it to someone without them even seeing the video and they would say the same thing.

No, what bothers me is the stereotype of hunters these guys portray to the rest of the people in the world.  Here we have evidence that some hunters are boorish morons with no civilized graces who take sick delight in killing, not hunting.

They display no hunting ability or outdoor skill of any type.  Their deer was pure luck for them and total bad luck for the deer.  They show no respect for the hunt, the deer, the image of hunting, or themselves.  They provide fodder for all the enemies of hunting to use against the rest of us. 

This video certainly turns the stomach of non-hunters.  But they will not see two morons, they will see two hunters.  To the uninformed, the assumption will be that this is what hunters do when they kill a deer.  This is something that should not be tolerated in civilized society.  This is something that should be stopped.

If this was done to an animal without a hunting license or a hunting season, there would most certainly be animal abuse charges filed against these two.  With a hunting license comes responsibility.  We are responsible for the way we hunt, the way we kill, the animal we have killed, the way we use it afterwards, and the image we create for the rest of the world to see.

I do not want idiots like these covering me with their stench, causing me to suffer attacks from critics, who lump us all together.

It's the attitude that is in need of correction here, and if they were within arms reach of me at the time, I would have adjusted their attitudes immediately and with all due extreme prejudice!