LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

3S - Im not hunting, but I stopped at Rockys deli earlier and saw a bunch of guys in camo. I talked to them real quick and they had 3 does in their pickup from this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

3S - Im not hunting, but I stopped at Rockys deli earlier and saw a bunch of guys in camo. I talked to them real quick and they had 3 does in their pickup from this morning

haven't been to rockys in awhile I've been sitting in 3s since 11 and not even a squirrel is out

• Like 1

Well that's it for me ... Almost smoked a doe with the pole but the wind had other plans .... I was putting pressure on the trigger n the stupid spike bolted n the doe's followed ... Oh well ... Decided to eat too much and have one too many drinks tonight , sleep in , and start the count down till turkey .... Have to work Tuesday .... Will be out for the dam yote's though ... The two days we had snow I cut a bunch of tracks !!!! Even came up on a drag in the snow probly 30 ft long and at the end of it .... A gut pile.... With yote tracks all around it ... Def bumped them off it as we were pushing the ridge ...

Edited by deerpassion
  • Like 2

e905b4d0b588691dc45b16471bc17cce.jpg

So very grateful this evening. Stand sit over a crabapple tree in 4H. The ladies came to visit at 2:20. I had been in the stand 20 minutes, and connected with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Not too many hunters get it done this late in the season, in 4H, with a bow!!! Very impressive! Congratulations!

• Like 4

9H Eagle/Bliss. 42 degrees 14 mph ssw wind. Posted my buddy in my ladder stand where I killed my deer this year. He's armed with flintlock He always shoots 3-4 deer by his house but only has seen 3 tails all year. Hoping he shoots one today. I decided to climb to top of mountain to set climber up over fresh rubs from other day. Wind is perfect for it too. Although as soon as I typed that , swirling thermals Are we the only 2 hunting today ? I should try and post pics sideways , maybe they'd turn out normal.

post-4567-0-04646000-1450701993_thumb.jp

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

My brother shot at a small buck last eve around 4 he could not find sign of hit so i went over to help him after dark when I got home. I found the hit site with just some white hair. The shot was a lot farther than he judged. I am thinking he grazed right under it. We are in here this morn so I will check on it in a bit.

Then just a bit ago he is shooting like s war up the ridge. He better have a deer! I think he reloaded the ml 3 times and is out of ammo lol

Meanwhile I could hear one walking to me in the thick when the war started and that deer stopped so I have seen zip

All in all, a good season for me. Almost got an 8 point in early bow on a neighbors property but eventually dropped a nice 10 pt bow seaosn buck on my own patch.Had a bunch of yearling buck encounters early bow, figured out some prime spots for my tree strands, enjoyed many hours in the woods and I almost dropped a nice 8 point in gun after an exciting encounter brought on by neighbors pushing while I was moving a tree stand. Despite the obvious decline in doe and fawn numbers his year, I had some good hunting.

Almost forgot. Had a near encounter with the giant 10 pointer, Big-Boy on the second or 3rd day of Boy which was super fun. I hope he made it. Checking cameras later.

Looking forward to harvest reports and seeing how things shape up for 2016. Already thinking about new stand spots!

Edited by Papist
  • Like 3

Love the anticipation of hopefully hearing my buddy shoot. I almost always hunt solo. It's like the feeling of finding a good hole that you know that should hold a fish , making the perfect cast .... Cmon ...

And forgot how comfy the Summit Viper climber is.

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2