LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Beautiful morning .... Calm and still , but nothing yet ... Deer are grouped up here in 9h , bumped about 9 or 10 deer yesterday on the way out .... Might be my last sit unless I can pry myself off the pillow tomorrow morning .... Hunted real hard this year so almost glad it's over ... I'm pooped !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had what looked like a spike chase 3 does by me. He was grunting with every step and had his tongue hanging out. The chasing I have saw for the last 3 days has been mind boggling. My only guess is the weird weather has forced a 2nd rut? Any one else seeing this?

I think you've got a doe there that didn't get bred the first time around come back into heat.

I just had what looked like a spike chase 3 does by me. He was grunting with every step and had his tongue hanging out. The chasing I have saw for the last 3 days has been mind boggling. My only guess is the weird weather has forced a 2nd rut? Any one else seeing this?

My guess would be with the mild weather that we had all season, breeding was limited to only night time activity. Even then it was not getting too cold during those hours, resulting in some does going into estrus and not getting bred because lack of movement due to warm temps. The second rut always happens, but this year there are more does to be bred that were missed the first time around. And now with the cold weather, it is taking place during the day as well.

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

I haven't seen any chasing, but I saw 2 fresh scraes in the snow yesterday morning.