LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Man did I lose some lb's trompin around up some pretty steep mountains .... Perfect amount of snow , windy as hell though ... Lots of fresh tracks from last night , a few from this morning .... Met up with two guys that had just seen a group of 8 deer run off .... We pushed a couple areas , and spread out n walked the ridges , only one other fresh pair of boot tracks we came across ... Also came up on a drag in the snow and then a guy pile with yote tracks everywhere ... We must have bumped them off it as we came through .... Beautiful day in the finally snowy woods , met some nice fellas , but no deer, gonna try again tomorrow ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The plan for today was my old man and his buddy were going to sit as long as they could stand it and I was going to still hunt around they both shot before 9 and I just sat for my night watch. I have seen more deer and bucks today than I have since nz muzzeloader combined. Been sitting 5 minutes and am already freezing. Hopefully they both got their does.

Picked up fresh tracks about four and followed them for about twenty minutes. Spotted the deer bedded in some thick brush but it had already spotted me. I knelt to find a hole to shoot thru and found one. Unfortunately , I could see buttons on its head through the scope. Ah well, a fun evening anyways.

My coworker owns a hunting camp in Northern Stubben Co. He hasn't been happy all bow or gun season. Not seeing anything, wanting to give up. We talked him into buying a smoke pole last week. Sighted it in and he invited a couple of us to his camp this weekend, Hunted a little yesterday and saw some tails.

This morning mother nature gave us what we've all been asking for with some good snow cover. We made plans for the morning and went out a first light. As I was heading to a stand down at the bottom of a hill I kicked up some deer heading to the new smoke pole owner. After about 5 minutes I heard the shot and I will just say he was one happy hunter with a nice 1.5 yr doe.

I kept telling him the season isn't over with till the sunset on the closing day of what ever season you are hunting. Don't ever give up.  

• Like 6

This afternoon hunt on a ridge overlooking hardwoods and a stream, I see a nice rack 8 pointer across the stream about 150 yds away.  Watched him for about 10 minutes with the does feeding.  Nice white rack...couldn't get a shot- too many branches and junk in the way.  There was also a pie ball doe in the bunch.

It was good to see some deer and have some action.  Hope to see him in morning.

• Like 2

Packing it in for this season. It was the first time in a long time that I have been skunked. But reading this thread I am not the only one. I can't complain I did get a bear so I am a very lucky guy no complaints. But will miss the venison, there is always next year God willing. Was good reading all your posts look froward to next year. Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year to you all.

• Like 5

Well lot of action today put a nice stalk on in the snow ended up getting a shot on a doe bedded down witch I ended up rushing and missing. First deer I have seen sence opening day so got to antsy. All and all a good day in the woods back at it tomorrow with more fresh snow...

Put the car sideways (saved it) on Rte 16 with the wife on way back from Xmas shopping so anyone traveling be safe

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk