LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Similarly, live from my office where I eat my $14 salad from Chop't surfing through this forum and thinking about which pair of boots I want to wear tomorrow morning.

$14 Salad? DAAAAAAMMMMNN. It better be served with Miranda Lambert wearing it as a bikini.

I figured what a deer would do and found a great spot tucked into the hedgerow. One shooting lane which I figured deer would pass by. Sure as shit, here comes a flat head. doh! She got a fawn in tow. Fawn walks within like 5 yards of me wanting to cross the hedgerow. Momma is cautious and stands broadside about 30 yards exactly in my shooting lane. I passed on the shot due to the fawn. Oh well. I saw deer, had a shot, and enjoyed the afternoon sit. Tomorrow me and my savage will be looking.

Oh and also heard two separate shots about sunset. One off to the north the other off to the south. Three guesses what those shots were.

For those who waited, good luck with the talking sticks tomorrow. I need a bit of luck myself.

• Like 1

Not a good bow season for me. I like to at least get my eyes on a big buck and see some rutting activity. Neither happened, wrong place wrong time. Bring on the thunder sticks!

This was me last year. Saw 1 Buck twice, a basket 7. Passed him up during bow, brought  him down for the freezer at the tail end of gun.

Oh, I did see the Big 10 (he was a 9 then)  in the Snowvember storm also one time but I was not really in a good position to try for a shot.

Edited by Papist

Well, saw three bucks the last hour ... Two little sh$&'s, one of which decided to make a scrape out in front of me n let me tell you he gave that lickin branch hell!!! Other was the biggest fork horn I've ever seen ! No shot , but not what I'm lookin for ... So last sit was a good show at least ... Need a miracle to happen on state land tomorrow .... I'm packing my helmet n bullet proof vest , pray for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2