LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

I haven't lived in NYC since 2009, but it is the greatest city in the world. I would be fine never going back but the $ it pays allows me to enjoy many things in life that I couldn't otherwise enjoy, and hopefully retire in my mid 50s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you hate NYC, you must hate buffalo, Rochester, etc. some of the most depressed areas in america

yeah, as much as I don't enjoy the City, there are MUCH worse in NY......and the majority of people there are actually going to work.

• Like 1

If you hate NYC, you must hate buffalo, Rochester, etc. some of the most depressed areas in america

I live 40 mins from rochester ... too much traffic in NYC not enough for a country boy to do

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I live 40 mins from rochester ... too much traffic in NYC not enough for a country boy to do

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's why I don't live in NYC. I live 40-50 miles north. 46min train ride.

Seriously.  If you have to be surrounded by tall buildings, might as well be surrounded by decorative and expensive buildings as oppose to half empty, broken down, and dull buildings.

• Like 2

Seriously.  If you have to be surrounded by tall buildings, might as well be surrounded by decorative and expensive buildings as oppose to half empty, broken down, and dull buildings.

you mean the kind of city where all businesses have left and and all that remains are empty shells of buildings that once hosted viable work opportunities for their citizens?

I manage production facilities in Brooklyn, LIC, LI...as well as many other big people filled cities...Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte.....

I get really good employees to keep them running very well so I do not need to visit hardly at all and can stay up here working out of my home office in the boonies and hunt out my back door!! NYC may be the greatest city in the world but you best be offering me 7 digits a year to even think about living there/working there full time!! All those people freak me out especially since I really am not a fan of most people!! lol

• Like 2

I manage production facilities in Brooklyn, LIC, LI...as well as many other big people filled cities...Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte.....

I get really good employees to keep them running very well so I do not need to visit hardly at all and can stay up here working out of my home office in the boonies and hunt out my back door!! NYC may be the greatest city in the world but you best be offering me 7 digits a year to even think about living there/working there full time!! All those people freak me out especially since I really am not a fan of most people!! lol

so you agree, that without those thriving cities you would not be doing as well as you are......I would not want to live in them either, but if they didn't exist, a lot of us wouldn't be doing as well as we are.

• Like 1

Without New York City which is the CAPITAL of the world the rest of New York State is just a slum.We have the BEST POLICE force and FIREMAN anywhere in the world. Sure traffic is a headache but between the resturtants and nightlife nothing compares except vacation spots.I have hunted around the state and most areas are depressing to look at much less live in .Now don't get me wrong I love the country but nothing compares to N.Y.C. nightlife.Thank God we live in the GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

• Like 1

Without New York City which is the CAPITAL of the world the rest of New York State is just a slum.We have the BEST POLICE force and FIREMAN anywhere in the world. Sure traffic is a headache but between the resturtants and nightlife nothing compares except vacation spots.I have hunted around the state and most areas are depressing to look at much less live in .Now don't get me wrong I love the country but nothing compares to N.Y.C. nightlife.Thank God we live in the GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

I would rather live on a slum state than have NYC elect my public officials and take all our energy ex governor and windmills

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would rather live on a slum state than have NYC elect my public officials and take all our energy ex governor and windmills

we all have the option of living like an animal in a slum...if that's your choice then so be it......I'll take my six figure pension and move to Florida like I plan...no hard feelings whatsoever...my only concern right now is to whether or not to contribute an extra grand a month into my 401 plan or not......retirement at 55 making more a month then I do know seems pretty good, so I hope the big cities keep thriving.

• Like 2

we all have the option of living like an animal in a slum...if that's your choice then so be it......I'll take my six figure pension and move to Florida like I plan...no hard feelings whatsoever...my only concern right now is to whether or not to contribute an extra grand a month into my 401 plan or not......retirement at 55 making more a month then I do know seems pretty good, so I hope the big cities keep thriving.

I also do alright and also plan on retirement around 50 if I play right but live in small community and rely on NYC 0 percent...I understand the reasons people live and work there but when 1 city determines the outcome of the state something is wrong....

Edit no deer sightings today from the dentist office...

Edited by stoneam2006

I also do alright and also plan on retirement around 50 if I play right but live in small community and rely on NYC 0 percent...I understand the reasons people live and work there but when 1 city determines the outcome of the state something is wrong....

Edit no deer sightings today from the dentist office...

but. what other NY city can we depend on to make it do so??

but. what other NY city can we depend on to make it do so??

I'm all for a NYC being it's own place aorta like DC give them separate governor separate votes in presidential elections and anything else I'm forgeting....and if they want our falls electric or windmill electric it should cost them to allow these smaller towns to gain substantial income from them...anyway this is topic for another thread...