LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

IMHO, Biz and I got it pretty good. We're less than an hours drive from some of, if not, the best food and entertainment and the most beautiful women in the western hemisphere. And, in my case, don't know about Biz, I still have about 100 acres of land to bow hunt on literally 20' out my back door. I also have several excellent fresh water fisheries in the way of reservoirs just minutes from my door. Saltwater fishing less than an hour away too. No, we don't have the corn fields and big woods that they do further north and west, but we have some pretty nice deer and turkey around here too. And we make enough money to retire at or around age 50 and move somewhere that won't tax us to death. And, traffic ain't bad if you know the secrets, have lights and sirens, or both.

• Like 1

That is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard ... Respectfully of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe not what most want to hear...especially if you live in one of those places, but it is true...at least compared to NYC......respectfully of course.

Without New York City which is the CAPITAL of the world the rest of New York State is just a slum.We have the BEST POLICE force and FIREMAN anywhere in the world. Sure traffic is a headache but between the resturtants and nightlife nothing compares except vacation spots.I have hunted around the state and most areas are depressing to look at much less live in .Now don't get me wrong I love the country but nothing compares to N.Y.C. nightlife.Thank God we live in the GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

Well thats not a surprise , all the potholes and garbage streets the rest of the state has to put up with so the man bag wearing leftys in NYC can look at the pretty lights at night.

Without New York City which is the CAPITAL of the world the rest of New York State is just a slum.We have the BEST POLICE force and FIREMAN anywhere in the world. Sure traffic is a headache but between the resturtants and nightlife nothing compares except vacation spots.I have hunted around the state and most areas are depressing to look at much less live in .Now don't get me wrong I love the country but nothing compares to N.Y.C. nightlife.Thank God we live in the GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

So your saying your a city boy and all the rest of us dum country folk ain't sh$& ..... Ignorant typical pompous NY a-hole..... From Florida originally n you sir are what we refer to as " New Yorkers" .... And that's not a compliment !!!! Buffalo is beautiful and a lot better surrounding hunting here in WNY than your concrete jungle . Cause that's what this is , a HUNTING forum .... Suck it ( in the worst NY city dbag accent I can do) ....

• Like 2

well, since this has gone so far off track, I might as well keep going....there is no question that country life is much better, as far as I see it anyway.....but there is no question that NYC is the most lucrative City in this state..love it or hate it, it puts more into our economy then any other city in this state...want to cut them out of tax revenue and everything else that they contribute to outlying areas? have at it.

well, since this has gone so far off track, I might as well keep going....there is no question that country life is much better, as far as I see it anyway.....but there is no question that NYC is the most lucrative City in this state..love it or hate it, it puts more into our economy then any other city in this state...want to cut them out of tax revenue and everything else that they contribute to outlying areas? have at it.

Easy, most history , n most the financial mogel's are concentrated there strictly out of reputation , but to say NYC is New York and the rest is Sh$& is ignorant and rediculous .... You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to live here ....! Fact! But for some it's home n I get that , drop your proud pompous " I'm from NYC " attitude cause it's not for everyone ! I get the pride with the best NYPD and NYFD stuff , I respect that , but go F yourself if you think everyone else should measure themselves to the "city" ... Going back to my scotch now , n don't think that changes my opinions on the matter .... Good day sir !!

Easy, most history , n most the financial mogel's are concentrated there strictly out of reputation , but to say NYC is New York and the rest is Sh$& is ignorant and rediculous .... You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to live here ....! Fact! But for some it's home n I get that , drop your proud pompous " I'm from NYC " attitude cause it's not for everyone ! I get the pride with the best NYPD and NYFD stuff , I respect that , but go F yourself if you think everyone else should measure themselves to the "city" ... Going back to my scotch now , n don't think that changes my opinions on the matter .... Good day sir !!

I actually think the exact opposite. I think the "good" part on NYS is all North and West of NYC. Until you've lived and worked in the 5 boroughs, you have no real idea of just how stupid people are. It's mind boggling. I think everyone in the city should measure themselves to the good, hard working folks, with strong family values that live and work in the majority of the state.

• Like 4

I agree with this . But I have zero interest in ever going back there. I've been there a few times, spent a month training with fdny and mostly I felt sorry for,those guys ( no offense jmg). They made a little more then us but the commutes and cost of living wiped that out and more.

They wouldn't believe you when you,told them FF here often lived in 2,500 plus sq houses on an acre with built in pool in a suburb with great schools and a 15 minute drive to work. My house is only 1,700 but my mortgage when I had one was $756 a month..... For reference last year I made in the six figures.

ahh, sucking on the Scotch, that answers the question of your nasty comments.......there's no NYPD, NYFD pride in any of my comments....just the simple fact that NYC puts more into the States economy then all other places combined....I don't live there nor would I ever, but I am smart enough to realize what it puts into the state.....so, go back to your cheap scotch.

• Like 1

I agree with this . But I have zero interest in ever going back there. I've been there a few times, spent a month training with fdny and mostly I felt sorry for,those guys ( no offense jmg). They made a little more then us but the commutes and cost of living wiped that out and more.

They wouldn't believe you when you,told them FF here often lived in 2,500 plus sq houses on an acre with built in pool in a suburb with great schools and a 15 minute drive to work. My house is only 1,700 but my mortgage when I had one was $756 a month..... For reference last year I made in the six figures.

Yea, but our fires are hotter. :).

Edited by jmg343

ahh, sucking on the Scotch, that answers the question of your nasty comments.......there's no NYPD, NYFD pride in any of my comments....just the simple fact that NYC puts more into the States economy then all other places combined....I don't live there nor would I ever, but I am smart enough to realize what it puts into the state.....so, go back to your cheap scotch.

Lol, only the good stuff my friend ...

commute is a killer....that must suck the life out of those who have to do a few hours a day doing so.

If you hate NYC, you must hate buffalo, Rochester, etc. some of the most depressed areas in america

downtown Buffalo has had quite a revival the past ten years or so, and is surrounded by great hunting and the best freshwater fishing on the planet. But by all means, paint it with a broad stroke

Tomorrows the last day of archery for me , womp womp , most depressing day of the year.... But in hindsight , I had a great year having only taken a doe during bow, thus far ... Had three solid encounters with shooter bucks , mother natures a B sometimes , saw more rutting activity n chasing than ever before n had some beautiful time in the woods despite this dam warm weather .....

Live from the wood's not from your office or pent house

over looking at Central park.NYC. Is a great place to visit and work but I will never live there.I worked for a Antique dealer was in and out of the city 6 day's a week this was year's ago it was fun and money was great as a young man but how anyone could love living there is crazy.