LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Gorgeous morning, expected to see a ton of movement by now. Everything else is moving, eating and gathering. Oh well, that's deer hunting. I'll blame the October lull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Def seen a huge drop off in activity the past 4-5 days !!!

• Like 1

had a small doe, prob this years fawn come right to my stand last night here in 4g. i drew the bow back but i passed...let her grow and i will wait for a bigger one...havent seen anything since. this morning was cold 29 degrees and snowing...was a beautiful morning...in now will be back out there later...hope everyone has a good and safe hunt today 

Def seen a huge drop off in activity the past 4-5 days !!!

Yep, and this includes camera action. I have nothin on camera, or in the woods for 4+ days. No fresh hoof prints, nothin.

Is there some subterranean secret feeding center run by the DEC that they unlock this time of year? After this evening I am taking a week off the woods. Give everything a break scent-wise, and get my energies back.

Edited by Papist

Son of a bitch. Saw two does out at 70 yards coming out of the field coming down into woods I was in right after 7am. They stayed on field edge and headed to my left. Figured that was that, 15 minutes later really have to piss and I stand up and let it rip. Hear leaves crunching behind me, turn around and see the two does coming towards me, 20 yds away. Put my dong back in, grab bow, the mom comes to 10 yds and I shoot. Hear the shot, they split apart and both hang out at 15 yds for 5 minutes. Try to get another shot at mom but they see me move and they blow and slowly walk away. Get down 15 mins later, no blood on ground but arrow is slimey and smells like crap. Damnit. Backed out and will start tracking in 3 hours. I'm kicking myself! Rushed the shot, didn't anchor properly I think.

Son of a bitch. Saw two does out at 70 yards coming out of the field coming down into woods I was in right after 7am. They stayed on field edge and headed to my left. Figured that was that, 15 minutes later really have to piss and I stand up and let it rip. Hear leaves crunching behind me, turn around and see the two does coming towards me, 20 yds away. Put my dong back in, grab bow, the mom comes to 10 yds and I shoot. Hear the shot, they split apart and both hang out at 15 yds for 5 minutes. Try to get another shot at mom but they see me move and they blow and slowly walk away. Get down 15 mins later, no blood on ground but arrow is slimey and smells like crap. Damnit. Backed out and will start tracking in 3 hours. I'm kicking myself! Rushed the shot, didn't anchor properly I think.

Good luck least it's early lots of daylight

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So mad at my self.... I stayed up late to watch the asu Utah game, and over slept didn't get out till 9:30 and had to sit a different stand then I wanted too

I overslept too and had to choose a closer stand this morning. I just moved to my other stand only to check the camera to see does and a buck at 830. Stupid me.

I overslept too and had to choose a closer stand this morning. I just moved to my other stand only to check the camera to see does and a buck at 830. Stupid me.

. The only thing that makes me feel better is my buddy who did get up hasn't seen anything either

made it until 10am...but couldn't feel the burn in my feet(1000gr boots on :dontknow: )any more thought I better leave...not even a squirrel :negative: I think too many ppl walking these leafs in the dark...Snowing out and I was in a oak tree on the flats...food, water, cover and near no wind with a big flake snow fall...I believe they are still concentrated in the corn field the farmer doesn't cut until gun season :rolleyes: