LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Wet snow all day upto 5pm...dropping north west off lake Ontario...coming down pretty hard right now..as soon as it lets up ,they should be putting on the feed bag for the low 20 temps tonight...I planted the turnips too far away from my blind.....lol,,,,,,could try the new blind again tonight...little wind .......going to go make a big pot of Chilli...I'm still freezing from this morning...

Dead quiet in 3H, nothing moving.

I'm having the same problem, although I did just go to lunch in Livingston manor and saw two does in someone's front yard on the way back ..... Tonight I'm set up in a blind 50 yards into the woods in front of a crab apple tree that has a active scrape at it

• Like 1

So I'm still freezing from this mornings hunt.....getting ready to hit the stand that big buck came through the other morning...if he's made it...perhaps he'll show tonight...those are pretty good appls on the tree he was headed to...Besides that is also where the WWplot and the other turnip plot start...this freeze should have them on both....

• Like 1

Friend just texted me he had a 8 in front of his stand got to full draw had sights on the buck and top part of his climber fell, that didn't spook the buck him bending down to pick it up did.... I had to stop mid way typing this to shoot a turkey that walked by my blind lol post-762-14452042466638_thumb.jpg. I have. It in here with me while I wait for my buck

• Like 5

Friend just texted me he had a 8 in front of his stand got to full draw had sights on the buck and top part of his climber fell, that didn't spook the buck him bending down to pick it up did.... I had to stop mid way typing this to shoot a turkey that walked by my blind lol attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1445204245.250943.jpg. I have. It in here with me while I wait for my buck

Thats cool

Son of a bitch. Saw two does out at 70 yards coming out of the field coming down into woods I was in right after 7am. They stayed on field edge and headed to my left. Figured that was that, 15 minutes later really have to piss and I stand up and let it rip. Hear leaves crunching behind me, turn around and see the two does coming towards me, 20 yds away. Put my dong back in, grab bow, the mom comes to 10 yds and I shoot. Hear the shot, they split apart and both hang out at 15 yds for 5 minutes. Try to get another shot at mom but they see me move and they blow and slowly walk away. Get down 15 mins later, no blood on ground but arrow is slimey and smells like crap. Damnit. Backed out and will start tracking in 3 hours. I'm kicking myself! Rushed the shot, didn't anchor properly I think.

Any update

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk