Kick It Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawdwaz

WOOT!

I finally had the perfect opportunity to mention to my boss that since we were starting to slow down a bit that "hunting season" was coming at a good time!! I was going to need some time off coming towards the end of October, November and early December.  We've been been friends for 40 years and he has always know I've hunted a lot, NOW he will know how much that really is!!   8)  He said "no sweat"...............

Tomorrow I'm planning to bow hunt for the morning & evening and shoot the rifle during mid day.  Rough day............... :)

Soooo, to celebrate the 2015 Hunting Season (I know many of you SOB's have a jump on me) I'm going to offer a toast.

Bourbon Manhattan and a new to me Geno Denning knife!!

Bottoms UP and cheers....................................................

image_zps0rtzfeao.jpeg

• Like 11

Who gives a crap about the wallpaper!!!! lol

Now that knife is cool. A damascus blade?

No......I'm not sure what the steel is, I got it second hand off the 'net.  I

I'm in a quandary, I intended to use it and now I don't think I will.  The condition is 110%.........AND Geno hasn't made knives in a number of years so the value is going up.

Well, maybe I'll use it.  :)

did you wake up today and get out or did you overdo it?

Oh I never over do it anymore.  I'd like to but it ain't happening. 

I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 3:00 although the alarm was set for 4:30.  Laid there for 45 minutes and said the heck with it..............took a shower, brushed the pearly whites, made a cup of coffee and hit the road.  I got to my spot around 6:30, took my time changing into hunting clothes/harness etc then made the long 250 yard hike in.  :)

A doe and fawn came by around 7:30 or so and although I had a real nice opening at 16 yards I thought they would swing around a blow down and head to the apple tree.  No dice.............they did the old backyard football slant pattern and kept going. :(

All & all in was a very pleasant sit. 

I PLANNED on hunting the afternoon also but I have to confess; I made a decision that shows maturity.  My wife and I have plans for tomorrow and I'm tired so I came home.  I didn't want to be tracking (maybe??) a wounded deer late, then gutting it and driving home.  Then tomorrow I'd be obligated to butchering..........................

I did spend some time checking out a couple new places, moved a camera, shot two rifles and ate at Subway. :)

Home by 3:30 and I'm basically on Queer Street now.......................

• Like 3

Cheers to all on this season..Hope I don't offend anyone if I am toasting with a cold Bud light but I don't do mixers. An occasional shot of Wild Turkey, but Im out.

Awesome knife and wallpaper in my old school opinion…..

• Like 3

Basil Hayden is very good! More of a scotch taste, but I definitely like it.

I have a fiend in Kentucky who occasionally sends me a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle. A single barrel  Buffalo Trace.

It's nice to have friends.

Buffalo Distilling Company is back.

post-4931-0-09034200-1444533396_thumb.jp

A home-brewed whiskey for the Buffalo folks. Very bourbon-ish. It's honestly better than some of the stuff from Bourbon County KY, but they have naming rights.

• 3 years later...