What time do you usually end your morning hunt

Chef

For me i would say I usually head back in between 10:45 and 11:30, it depends on what I have going on that day and how cold I am. So what time do you guys go in, and what factors will bring you out of the stand early and what will make you stay late?

It depends on where I am hunting if the property has a fair amount of pressure I hunt till 1 -1:30 take a 1/2 hour lunch break (or bring it with me & continue to hunt ) I have seen a lot of deer mid day I think they know when most hunters go to lunch or leave their morning hunt

You guys are dedicated im usually out by 830

I hear ya on that. Most of my stands seem to be better for the afternoon so in the morning I have a hard time sitting. By 8-830 I'm ready for breakfast. I try to sit until 10 if I can make it. The afternoon, I have no problem getting in at 1 and sitting until dark though. It's just mental for me but I feel like in the morning, the hunting is getting worse by the hour, but the afternoon I feel like it's only getting better as the time passes!

For the rut I sit dark to dark tho

Usually out of woods by 830am, I don't like to stay out and have my scent blow around all day, I prefer quick in and out hunts, if you know your deer and your property, it doesn't take long to get one. Getting cold, hungry, fidgety trying to stay on. Stand just isn't worth it

alerting deer or missing them cause your not focused. Latest I've stayed was 930.

But I have gone back out at 10 to 1 or 10 to 12 or so if the movement and scouting tells me it's worth it.

I do the same for gun season opening day I'm in by 8 or 830, depending how long of a walk I have from stand back to the house.

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

I push for 12:00, sometimes all day or early afternoon(late Oct through November).  A few years back I saw around a dozen bucks(in a 2 week period) I think only 1 was before 9:30. Since that year,   I have been a real believer in sitting till lunch time or later.