HOLY S":!? YA'll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deerpassion

So I go out for an evening sit in the Alabama Swamps aka Tonawanda WMA on the NE corner of state land ... Well that butts up to Native land.... Had two 20 something's Natives (not sure if Seneca Nation or not) come up to me with an AK-47 and the other had another rifle saying I was on there land.... No signs no nothing !!!!! On "SLIM " I know that this is state land !!! They were trying to say they were going to take my bow , all my gear , and my truck ( which I had just bought last week! 2013 ram 1500, like NEW!!! ) if not than blow it up .... Had them call the "chief" to talk this over , on the meantime 911 had been dialed and officers on the way !!! Chief was actually nice and said ya I was on state land , but to young ones kept saying no , our land!!! Officer cleared it up , said I was lucky they didn't shoot up my truck before coming up to me !!!! Said they deal with this a couple times each year and they have some real whack jobs in the Nation and that I was lucky ! Lost one a my best spots tonight , will NOT be going back there so they can f with my truck while I'm in the stand .... I call BS on the young ones, somebody wanted a new bow and truck ! No Sir!!!! Did not know they can hunt deer year round with whatever implement they want on the reservation ..... I asked what they were hunting , same thing as you ! My adrenaline is through the roof right now still, can't shake it, got that feeling like I was going to get a bullet in the back as they followed behind me on the way back to the truck ....

Almost forgot, on the way in I come up on a deer that had been gutted , layed open, and pelvis split with big ol gash in neck ... Day or so old , I was like wtf!!!!! Well I asked to to young natives, ya caught the dam poacher and beat the hell out of him .... Don't know if he shot it on there land , but the deer lay in the feild on state land! Couple weeks ago I happened to meet a nice young guy that was squirrel hunting / scouting n said he was going to hunt approx where I was tonight by the creek .... Hope it wasn't him , poor guy ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by deerpassion
  • Like 2

you are lucky with my temper it would not have been a good place for me to be in i am glad you are ok and i dont blame you for not going back

Lol, when your standing there with a bow and they have an AK and another rifle with fingers close to trigger guards

. S$); in pants !

Edited by deerpassion

So the Police tell you that YOU are lucky when you were not trespassing in the first place ? I could understand if you were on Native land that you could be treated unkindly but you were not.Sounds like the New York Authorities need to have a talk with the Native leaders.

Ya they do need to have a sit down with them !!! Lack of signage and Natives that are somewhat unclear on there boundaries is not good!!! They were saying I was lucky cause there are some loose cannons in the nation they've delt with that act 1st n think later ....

Guess they didn't know that the SAFE act made their AK illegal in NY when they stepped off the reservation. You should have insisted the trooper lock them up on the spot.

I'm willing to bet the Safe Act doesn't apply to them.......at least not Tribal land.

Edited by jjb4900

Rely a shame ... Shot this guy from that tree 2 years ago ... And have a 10 pt on cam just about in daylight patterns the past couple days .....

1f9af121b46c55a39f48e2da560c65e7.jpg

As soon as they said they were going to take my bow, oh as?(;, that lit a fire under my ass .... Then my truck ! Over my dead body , I was either leaving there with everything or a bullett somewhere .... But kept my cool n kept talking hoping I could BS my way out of a tight spot .... Cops said in no way is it legal to take my property , they were trying to feed me a load of crap saying I could get my stuff back for 500 bucks ! Right lol, and in what condition?! Ludicrous how in America I felt like I was in a third world country being bullied out of my rights !

That is a shame and is really something that should be addressed before they kill someone on NYS land or for that matter any land.  They have a right to patrol but to threaten you like that is not acceptable.  IF you where on their land would they have been justified in shooting and killing you?  Hell NO! 

I would post the exact location.  Then we can post some monster pictures of bucks in the area and get some popcorn.  Poachers vs Indians lmao!  WoW would the DEC have their hands full!  Sounds good but in reality the law needs to get involved but it sounds like they wont, until it is to late.

How did they spot u ? Walking

Truck was within view with binos but leaves on trees I could only see a little bit... Heard them talking very loudly and walking around my truck , I climbed down with the climber in no time flat thinking they were f'n with my truck ... Left pack n bow up in tree ... By the time I started walking to the truck here they come walking towards me .... I thought they were hunting squirrel at first until I saw the AK and large caliber rifle .... Had to go climb back up n grab my stuff n figure out how I was going to strap the bow to my pack that is not meant for a bow strapped on , but I'll be dammed if I was going to lower my bow with them at the base of the tree while I climbed down, but I made it work ! Once back at the truck , young one says take your bow off n lay it next to your stand on the ground , I glared at him n said , no ... No I think I'll hang onto it until the cops get here! Shady !!!!!