Work in the way of Hunting

GreeneHunter

Up until this September, for the last 12 years, I have worked 2 24 hour shifts a week, with some OT sprinkled in, when I wanted to work it. This year from September 12 through the new year, I have to work 7-3 5 days a week with a 1 hour commute each way. It is killing me. Between work, wife, and kids I barely get out at all and when I do it is for a quick couple of hours in the evening, or a day on the weekend. I hate weekends, too many people. I don't know how you 9-5ers get through life. I did it long ago but certainly don't miss it.

• Like 1

I am at work right now....I walked in this morning, I made it two steps in the door and someone asked me what was wrong. I said I am super pissed at the weather. The wind is blowing with 40mph wind gusts and it is suppose to continue all weekend....Until Monday when I will be back at work. Everyday before today I would get up and leave for work....Step out side and there wasn't a breath of wind.....Seems like everytime I can get in the woods the wind is blowing and I am swaying in the tree....I use my vacation time for family so I can't take a week off to just hunt....

• 2 weeks later...

even in the woods my smartphone reminds me of sh!t to do :stink:

My favorite stand is the one without any reception

. Not sure if you were aware, but they have the capability of being shut off. My new vcamp, there is no reception there and I love it

Spooked a bug buck on our way in Sunday morning at around 5:40. Saw nothing all day. Now Im sitting at work wishing I was sitting in the woods. Cant shake the fact that we missed a big buck. As he trotted off he kept stopping. Snorting and stompin the ground. Amazing how loud they can be.