Final preps for opening day

capnstabby

At this point i just have to wake up Sat morning. Everythings been set to go since early oct. Cloths were re washed sunday night. 308 was already tested this summer and was still dead on! I'm just racking my brain on where I want to set up sat.

• Like 3

converting my gear selection from archery tactics to rifle/shotgun tactics...and hopefully colder weather.  pulling archery stands so they don't get swiped. Making my opening day samiches and making a final decision on where to hunt opening day...my honey hole (which is a public land and hell on earth to get to) or a new place I've been wanting to hunt for sometime, but just haven't.  

Washed my gear last week, just need to let it hang outside for a night or two. Just washed up the last of my clothes last night to make sure I have enough clothes to pack. Shot the gun on Sunday and that is still on. Only thing I really have left to do is pack my clothes and get my emergency supplies gathered and into my backpack.

I shot 4 rifles earlier this week and all are shooting good..Of course I can only shoot one at a time..

I put up a new ladderstand on the property and I plan to spend the day in it Saturday..It is close to an existing stand, but does a better job of covering an area where the deer have managed to sneak past me the last couple of years..

Started the Ford 9N to be sure it will be running well for deer retrieval duty...

Got everything ready to go. 7mm-08 is fine tuned, scope is turned down to lowest power as there is only a 60 yard max shot in this set up, first time hunting this spot opening day in four years. Three year old eight point last time. Clothes are all washed. Got the blaze vest and hats out to air. Warmer clothes on standby for when needed. Snacks, zip ties,rope, odds and ends in the pack. Honey do list, completed last Sunday. Just counting down the hours now!

• Like 1

Not much. Just hope the neighbors and neighboring gun club get cold quick/bored and start walking around at like 9am and spook deer to me. I'll sit super still on the ground against a tree and not even scratch my face. I watch across a stream up a hill guys walking around with flashlights after its already light. pretty funny stuff.

I hate dealing with that tangled mess and broken bulbs , I'm a classic light guy C9 and C 7's . Wife wanted them up now as ahe knew if I don't get another buck early in gun it'll be awhile.

Speaking of leaving them up I used to have two large homemade wooded candy canes that I screwed onto our fence around the patio. I would leave them up well past Chrismas and each time my wife or a neighbor would ask when they were coming down I added two weeks on..... One year I made to into July !

• Like 3