Beer

Dom

May also have to get you out early morning to try and tip over a spring bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I already have a packed weekend with family obligations, so I Would rather drink some beers 1 night with a bunch of guys than get up early and hunt.

Lol. I already have a packed weekend with family obligations, so I Would rather drink some beers 1 night with a bunch of guys than get up early and hunt.

Bring turkey tags , base layers and boots. I've got camo , turkey thumper and all the basics covered. Birds will gobble ( hopefully) at 5 and can have you back by 10 at the latest. If I'm not mistaken you've never heard the woods wake up in turkey season Everyone needs to experience it imo Can't guarantee we play with birds that morning but if we do you'll be hooked I'll guarantee Invites there if you can fit it in.

• Like 1

Bring turkey tags , base layers and boots. I've got camo , turkey thumper and all the basics covered. Birds will gobble ( hopefully) at 5 and can have you back by 10 at the latest. If I'm not mistaken you've never heard the woods wake up in turkey season Everyone needs to experience it imo Can't guarantee we play with birds that morning but if we do you'll be hooked I'll guarantee Invites there if you can fit it in.

Haha really appreciate it, but don't want to go to bed early on vacation lol.

5c2858657b680a8862f89389381cf45e.jpg

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Haha really appreciate it, but don't want to go to bed early on vacation lol.

5c2858657b680a8862f89389381cf45e.jpg

You would pass up a hunt with TF? I swear, you have most definitely downed to many Corona's in your lifetime, or bumped your head on the side of your pool one to many times. Damn kids don't know a good thing when it's offered anymore!

Oh, as for beer, no pics, bought two 24oz cans of Yuengling to make my beer batter. Used just a tad over one can and drank the rest of the second can with dinner. 

• Like 1

You would pass up a hunt with TF? I swear, you have most definitely downed to many Corona's in your lifetime, or bumped your head on the side of your pool one to many times. Damn kids don't know a good thing when it's offered anymore!

Oh, as for beer, no pics, bought two 24oz cans of Yuengling to make my beer batter. Used just a tad over one can and drank the rest of the second can with dinner. 

I'd rather drink beers with him than hunt turkey lol

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

a566b3939e70d578e5b045b546c1ee7a.jpg33 Blood Orange IPA out in2fcbb5f620c06bfcb5ac2d79250473ee.jpg San Diego. Saw a bunch of sea lions which was awesome!

If you can find the time on your trip, head over to the The South Beach bar over at OB.   They have the best fish tacos around and a huge selection of beers.  Try and get there around 6:00 pm, which is about when the girls behind the bar change shifts.  The mahi-mahi and the fried oyster tacos are about tied for my favorites.   None of the beers stood out for me (I don't care much for foreign or out of state stuff). I recall something called "green flash" being popular.  I always miss the genny cream-ale back home when I am out there.    

• Like 1

There are ton's of great eateries out there.  My favorite fancy joint in the gaslamp district is the Greystone.   They have some excellent wild-game dishes, including elk chops, and a huge selection of wine and beer.  A little pricey though, and I probably would not eat there if I had to spend my own money to do so.  For more reasonable fare,  If you get down to OB, you can try out the worlds greatest hamburg (it puts the Transit road Grover burger to shame) at Hodad's, just a block or two inland from the beach on Newport.  My favorite eatery in old town San Diego is Fred's, and they also have a good selection of beers.  There is a cool museum and good shopping in walking distance from there.  I have never eaten off the base on Coronado island, but the Hotel Del is a sight to see for sure if you get time.  Up North a bit, in La Jolla, there is a good Gorden Bierch brewery restaurant with a big selection of beers, including a few made on-site.

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Thanks! I'm up the coast about 25 miles in Del Mar but may check it out if we head back to the gaslight district

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

Sweet. Heading to Carmel ? Spent a leg of honeymoon there playing Spyglass and Pebble. Watch that ice plant on holes #1-4. Chipping out of it is fun

Doh. Watching golf. Forgot the Pebble beach tourney there now. You were joshing on Spyglass unless you're subbing for Ray Romano or Bill Murray

• Like 1