Beer

Dom

Think I saw Fletch post this before.  The Black Note is a great beer.  Big espresso and dark chocolate flavors with cherry (I think) notes and the warmth of bourbon barrel-aging.  One to savor. :drinks:

20180208_194028.jpg

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Beer run.

20180208_170239.jpg

JDubs, where do you run to for all that beer?  I am going through Buffalo tomorrow and Sunday, would not mind stopping off somewhere with a great selection.  Very Limited here in the Cuse, other than Wegmans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Otto said:

JDubs, where do you run to for all that beer?  I am going through Buffalo tomorrow and Sunday, would not mind stopping off somewhere with a great selection.  Very Limited here in the Cuse, other than Wegmans.

Premiere gourmet in Amherst , Definitely Aurora Brewworks in East Aurora or Village Beer merchants on Elmwood in Buffalo.  All offer great selections. No CBS ,Bourbon County stout or Black note to be found though. 

Lets hit the Goat one night ! 

29 minutes ago, Otto said:

I'm in Saratoga County.  You and TF should roadtrip here. :drinks: Maybe it's just luck, but my bev mart gets restocked on this stuff because the other stores in their chain can't move their allocations.  

Eta: This store has 2 more 4 packs of Black Note, 2 or 3 bottles of CBS, and 3 cases of Bourbon County left.  Also three 4 packs of DFH World Wide Stout (pricey though).  I could ask them to check around with the other stores for more.  

Edited by Jdubs

23 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Lets hit the Goat one night ! 

Thanks for those tips.  I am headed to Cleveland to ice fish with a friend of mine from Kansas.  Coming back through on Sunday, so maybe on Sunday afternoon.....  sending you a PM with my cell. 

Sorry to interrupt the beer thread with a scotch but I’m celebrating
d5407ff5ea2ef56deb4e6a7b174ca6e7.jpg
My daughter just earned the lead role of Millie in her MS play “thoroughly modern Millie” She’s jacked up and I am always looking for a reason to celebrate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Sorry to interrupt the beer thread with a scotch but I’m celebrating
d5407ff5ea2ef56deb4e6a7b174ca6e7.jpg
My daughter just earned the lead role of Millie in her MS play “thoroughly modern Millie” She’s jacked up and I am always looking for a reason to celebrate!!

Great reason to celebrate! :drinks:

I'm in Saratoga County.  You and TF should roadtrip here. :drinks: Maybe it's just luck, but my bev mart gets restocked on this stuff because the other stores in their chain can't move their allocations.  
Eta: This store has 2 more 4 packs of Black Note, 2 or 3 bottles of CBS, and 3 cases of Bourbon County left.  Also three 4 packs of DFH World Wide Stout (pricey though).  I could ask them to check around with the other stores for more.  

I used to party at a lake house on Ballston Lake. Pretty crazy

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I used to party at a lake house on Ballston Lake. Pretty crazy

I actually live in Ballston Lake. :drinks:

Come up for track season in August and I'll get you wasted at the track.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Maybe that can be the meetup spot for the forum beerfest?

Works for me.  My business partner used to train horses under D. Wayne Lucas.  He trained Derby winners Thunder Gulch and Grindstone.  We can tour the backstretch, bet the ponies, enjoy an endless parade of sundresses and drink a ridiculous amount of brews.

• Like 2

Works for me.  My business partner used to train horses under D. Wayne Lucas.  He trained Derby winners Thunder Gulch and Grindstone.  We can tour the backstretch, bet the ponies, enjoy an endless parade of sundresses and drink a ridiculous amount of brews.

Set it up! Someone was supposed to take charge and set up something Albany but It never happened. I’d come up for a weekend and split a hotel room with some guys.

• Like 1

I see alot of ya drink the CBS what kinda flavor/taste does it have?I was going to pick up 1 bottle but hate to waste if I dont like it

It’s difficult to find. I waited in line the morning of release. It also totes a $25 per bottle price tag. It’s a great slow sipper with lots of flavors coming through. I should have bought another one to cellar. Hasn’t been bottled for 6 years I believe to this last release . 64620af49ca6e9c5497387678b1c812f.jpg

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

It’s difficult to find. I waited in line the morning of release. It also totes a $25 per bottle price tag. It’s a great slow sipper with lots of flavors coming through. I should have bought another one to cellar. Hasn’t been bottled for 6 years I believe to this last release . 64620af49ca6e9c5497387678b1c812f.jpg

Not sure how many bottles but my local beer shop has some.I guess the price may be why they still have it.Can you taste the coffee flavor?