Loading deer alone...

growalot

I took some customers on a hog hunt, they loaded 5 big guys and 5 big hogs on a gator and that thing went right up a steep hill like it was nothing

What style were you using?I would at most be carrying 3 guys and equipment,also would be using for my yard/land clearing clean up.

Here's the thing , when a person continually posts that they follow the law , they won't shoot one minute outside of legal hours because it's the law and they follow the laws.

Then they post they drive an atv illegally on the road , they're going to open themselves up to criticism to the hypocrisy . That whole glass house thing.

Me I freely admit I break laws daily, I'm in violation of the safe act , own illegal knives , tomorrow I'll speed on the way to work, I've gone 20 years or more without having a car inspected, a big buck under my stand 5 minutes before legal light is dead, and I wouldn't mind burning a fatty right now.

• Like 7

Here's the thing , when a person continually posts that they follow the law , they won't shoot one minute outside of legal hours because it's the law and they follow the laws.

Then they post they drive an atv illegally on the road , they're going to open themselves up to criticism to the hypocrisy . That whole glass house thing.

Me I freely admit I break laws daily, I'm in violation of the safe act , own illegal knives , tomorrow I'll speed on the way to work, I've gone 20 years or more without having a car inspected, a big buck under my stand 5 minutes before legal light is dead, and I wouldn't mind burning a fatty right now.

It's the residents of glass houses that partake in stone throwing that bug me too Larry. Edited by Buckmaster7600

In years past I'd put deer on roof of Subaru Outback. No easy task. Stand in back seat with door open , swearing a bunch and already exausted from the long drag. Bought 2013 Outback which rides even higher than previous model. $220 stop at uhaul and I have a 2" hitch installed. Dealer wanted $580 for exact same thing. Deer carrier is piece of cake to get deer on. 2 from last week

post-4567-0-41792500-1449197028_thumb.pn

Sorry to hurt your feelings but Landowners/Farmers can use their utv/atv's to maintain and move materials with them.I work for several farms and this is just another tool for the farm>I'm sorry that you think what was and will be done is illgal.The one farm also has a pickup that is just for farm use no reg no plates only a farm triangle.

Sorry to hurt your feelings but Landowners/Farmers can use their utv/atv's to maintain and move materials with them.I work for several farms and this is just another tool for the farm>I'm sorry that you think what was and will be done is illgal.The one farm also has a pickup that is just for farm use no reg no plates only a farm triangle.

How's that work for hunting?

Bet the 'Ol Insurance company might pucker up on that one. :)

• Like 1

As a farmer myself that truck is illegal that's what farm plates are for. And a UTV is a grey area because a UTV is the same as an atv if under 1000lbs and if over it really gets weird because they are unregisterable.Like many other things in NY it would be up to the LEO and the judge on how they read the law. In NY it is illegal to use an atv-UTV on a public road. U.S. farmers get away with a lot more because of our blanket insurance coverage. Edited by Buckmaster7600
  • Like 1

How's that work for hunting?

Bet the 'Ol Insurance company might pucker up on that one. :)

I do not know for sure but we have dragged dead cattle/cows back across the street with no questions.Farmers have a little more led way then the average persons.Also to be considered a farm you don't even need to raise animals

As a farmer myself that truck is illegal that's what farm plates are for. And a UTV is a grey area like many other things in NY it would be up to the LEO and the judge on how they read the law.

Farm vehicles do not need to have plates as long as they are not going further then 3 miles/farm use only.Law's could have changed and do all the time but I have had no issues with what we use around the farm.I am not saying you are wrong with what you are saying.

Farm vehicles do not need to have plates as long as they are not going further then 3 miles/farm use only.Law's could have changed and do all the time but I have had no issues with what we use around the farm.I am not saying you are wrong with what you are saying.

And you mostikely won't ever have an issue, but to the best of my knowledge a vehicle that can be titled does not fall into the 3 mile rule. That is what farm/ag plates are for.

What part of dragging out a deer is considered farming? Was it taken with a nuisance permit?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Actually for the market ag reports and tags that are required to sell goats at market we are listed as Horizon Farms...Yes all the goats were killed by the neighbors dog a few years back but do not assume this property doesn't have ag income...livestock isn't the only agricultural practice... ..Now I'll assume that most ppl do not use their disposable income to buy the type of equipment we do..... like most buying say...... big screen TV's and gaming equipment...

Edited by growalot

I can't believe you of all people would do something illegal and try to make it sound ok because everyone else is doing it.

Its not illegal. Well, you have to have a orange triangle, but in NY UTVs are not considered ATVs at this point due to weight. They fall under the same class as tractors.

• Like 1

Here is my process. Grab antlers/head place on atv rack, then climb onto ATV, stand on back rack while putting pressure against head to keep on rack then dig heels into rack and pull. If it is too big to get onto 4 wheeler alone...get tractor. But seriously I just use my body weight to my advantage. I usually dress them at a different location so I do this with guts.

Great idea tho.

I can't believe you of all people would do something illegal and try to make it sound ok because everyone else is doing it.

If used on a farm and has a SMV sign on it you can legally drive a short distance down the road. And also needs to be registered.

Edited by chas0218

What part of dragging out a deer is considered farming? Was it taken with a nuisance permit?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

if you have crops then you can argue that the deer are doing damage and you harvesting the deer are decreasing the damage or loss by the farm.  doesn't matter what the tag was.  nuisance or damage permits are only good for while the damage is occurring (not during hunting season).