With season over...

growalot

I'm getting back into a regular work out schedule..Eeegaddds...Hunting and Christmas had me slack off and I'm paying for it... Not back to the gym yet but this week...Mr B has my car right now  due to his company truck being in the shop...But I have been hiking daily and I'm up to a mile around the property followed by 1 1/2 up the road.. the Land is much easier on my knees an legs...The treadmill at the gym is a breeze in comparison.

So who else is getting back to it or decided to start working out for 2016?

Edited by growalot

I just started back with the mall walking today...sure can tell that it's been awhile as the pace is down. Won't take long to get it back and get into the routine again. And starting lifting the small weights this afternoon.  I see my doctor for checkup in few weeks and I'm sure my weight and sugar is up, so it's time to get back in the groove again!!

• Like 1

Hey growie

My wife and I decided to get fit instead of fat this winter.

So far it  (or we) has not been working out, but hopefully we will get into it soon.

Seems like every year we put on a little more weight in the winter and loose a little less in the summer.

Might have something to do with age.

• Like 1

Don't I  know it! ;) ...Though I'm surprised I only gained back 4#'s...I actually think I lost muscle mass...Need to work those thigh muscles hard again...they are what keep my knees functioning...With the ACL being severed I really feel it when the muscles in the thighs and around the knees aren't at peak...I have the ecliptical at  home.... but it's my bike work and weight training at the gym that really work my legs. I'll be back to 3 hours a day 3 days a week soon.

• Like 1

Things have truly gotten out of control. I never do holidays very well with all the damn food and sweets and crap everywhere I turn. And I found out that I actually get more exercise before season with all the scouting and stand building and other hunting related activities. But once the season starts, I walk to the stands, and plunk my rump down and then walk back out. Not exactly what you would call a good cardio-workout. So yes there is a resumption of workouts and diet control coming.

• Like 1

I exorcize at home vs the gym, but yes, I plan on starting again very shortly, only the last 2 weeks have I slacked off enough to where I physically feel the difference.  Plus all the holiday food that was at the ready just about everywhere i went did not help.  I excorcize to keep my lower back in check due to a herniated disc last year. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So...about half way through the Month...who has started what they planned?

I am back at the gym...first couple of days a bit tough...lowered all weights by about 30#'s and treadmill /bike was 2miles max.. But now the swing is back. 6 miles on the bike yesterday and 1.5 on the tread mill all weights have increased 20#'s and bench pressing 75#.....So I'm feeling very good again. Crunches back to 60 and my lower back ache has gone away....

How are you hanging in?

I really need to get in shape....but I probably won't.....

Don't forget, round is a shape :lol:  Not a very good one to have though.

My wife and I have been fasting this month. I actually started a little before new years. I felt horrible, tired all the time, not wanting to do anything. Cut out all sweets and with the fast I'm only eating vegetables, fruits, grains, etc. (Daniel fast more or less). For drinks its either water or coffee- I will NOT give up coffee, I work nights and it's my little cup of life and happiness while I'm working. Anyways, I've lost over 10lbs and gained energy and ambition back. I plan on keeping the diet for the most part and adding some kind of exercise to that as well.

• Like 1

Fortunately I lose so much weight walking during the hunting season that I need a little fattening up in January and February... usually back at fighting weight come spring when I get very active again with metal detecting, chopping wood and other outdoor activities. I can maintain my weight pretty easily until the next hunting season.

I noticed that I was walking on average of 1.5 to 2 miles on a short loop when out targeting squirrels.  I decided to help burn off some of those christmas pounds I would park at the far end of the grounds and walk to the far end to start my loop.  This also had the added benefit of providing new unexplored places to walk through. 

Now I have noticed my walking average is closer to 4.5 miles on average.  While its not working out, its a start ;)

• Like 3