LayOff

Dom

Just got notice from manager that as of next Tuesday I will be layed offf untill the spring.I am a seasonal employee of a local fencing company and this is the longest season I have stayed on.Not sure what I will do with my time off,do a little smallgame hunting and relax no plans on travel.

• Like 2

what company do you work for dom? I worked at capital for 7-8 years very hard work but can be fun at times when working with the right guys

I just told my boss today that I don't think ill be taking a lay off this year I hatehaving a waiting week when you don't have an open claim.

Edited by Red

what company do you work for dom? I worked at capital for 7-8 years very hard work but can be fun at times when working with the right guys

I just told my boss today that I don't think ill be taking a lay off this year I hatehaving a waiting week when you don't have an open claim.

Adams fences out of Poughkeepsie.I like the job and work with some great guys.I have know plans on going to another company I make out very well working here.Yes the waiting week sucks but thats why I always have one check cashed and hide away from my every day fund/bills

I know the layoff game.  I was supposed to have work all year, but with the lack of snow, but shitty weather, we haven't been trucking at all, nor plowing, so I've been sitting home waiting for a phone call to work.  Sucks since I can't get unemployment due to my business, but I have been able to build it up a bit since I've been off. 

Adams fences out of Poughkeepsie.I like the job and work with some great guys.I have know plans on going to another company I make out very well working here.Yes the waiting week sucks but thats why I always have one check cashed and hide away from my every day fund/bills

Couldn't Mike from Adam's Landscaping hire you ? Hope something works out for you.

Couldn't Mike from Adam's Landscaping hire you ? Hope something works out for you.

He could but only so many guys needed this time of the season 2 of our guys started up there yesterday.I am fine with the layoff spring will soon be here.

Hang in there. Hope the layoff is very short. If ya need anything, just PM me. If I can help I will.

thanks Grampy.Yes it wont be long this time should be back by end of march,we have had seasons that were lay off in November then that is a long winter.

Keep that good attitude . Many folks get depressed . I hope everything works out for you . Enjoy your time off ! 

Thank you Sir Yup no need to be depressed I still have my job just have to wait for work to pick back up.With no snow on the ground here I will be going to state land and remove some trash.

thanks Grampy.Yes it wont be long this time should be back by end of march,we have had seasons that were lay off in November then that is a long winter.

Those aren't too bad if you can get into the woods! My father worked construction for 25 years and would get laid off at the beginning of Nov. and start back up end of Feb. he got to do a lot of deer hunting while us kids were at school. 

Id say sorry but, living in construction...Congrats! I know many that really look forward to those lay offs...pay plus side work like scrapping or getting other Jobs done... Off time other jobs, under the table for most. Enjoy the time.

Sorry Heck no you are silly.Had I known when going to school construction was going to be this way I would have really gone to the Culinary/cooking school.unlike most I see  $$ signs all the time from scrap metal to collecting cans.

Geeze, Dom, with a screen name like yours I figured you were in the " olive oil importing" business...<<grin>>...

lol! my screen name is my name given at berth by my folks.Strange it is not Dominick just Dom 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back to work in the morning.I have enjoyed my time off got many things done around the house,a few projects left undone otherwise a very productive time off.This has been the shortest layoff just a little over 2 months Sure will be nice to be back on the job.

• Like 4