Girl Scout Cookies..........

Lawdwaz

I love GS cookies... but I refuse to buy the cookies from the parents of the girls... if the girls don't come the door then there will be no sale. Parents shouldn't be doing the job of selling cookies... the kids should be learning how to deal with people and put in the time to raise money for the group they are involved in. It's getting harder each year to pull the trigger on buying them... the price keeps going up and the box keeps getting smaller. I'm an old softy though when I see the kids smiling faces at the door... and I find myself caught in the GS cookie spell.

• Like 1

They usually sell them outside of stores and gas stations around here. For some reason, the stores don't let them sell inside anymore so the kids have to stand outside in the freezing cold. Thats always good for an extra sympathy box for me. Good stuff but getting expensive!!! Just like the $50 boy scout popcorn.???

I love GS cookies... but I refuse to buy the cookies from the parents of the girls... if the girls don't come the door then there will be no sale. Parents shouldn't be doing the job of selling cookies... the kids should be learning how to deal with people and put in the time to raise money for the group they are involved in.

Just for the record..........No Girl Scouts have come to our door in a number of years offering up the GS goodies and the daughter of the secretary at work is a full time student, doesn't own her own car (she's only 12) and can't get free during the hours we work.  Oh yea, they live 12 miles away and her Huffy doesn't have studded tires.............................

Larry when you OD, (not if) I call dibs on all left handed guns. Because I am a lefty it is only fair that I receive them.

PS I have a truck load headed your way, enjoy.

Thanks!

I just found that a couple Samoas go GREAT with a cup of coffee.  Who'd a thunk it??

Just for the record..........No Girl Scouts have come to our door in a number of years offering up the GS goodies and the daughter of the secretary at work is a full time student, doesn't own her own car (she's only 12) and can't get free during the hours we work.  Oh yea, they live 12 miles away and her Huffy doesn't have studded tires.............................

Then maybe she's too tied up to be selling cookies or be a girl scout. I wonder if she has time to earn her own merit badges? Isn't there one for riding your bike in the deep snow?? :) Do they live 12 miles away from everyone or just you? My friends drive their daughters to my home and make them come to the door to sell their own cookies.