Finally pulled the trigger on a "pocket" gun

• 4 weeks later...

interesting to hear your comments on how it shoots. I have an lcp with a laser attachment. I don't "hate" the way she shoots as I didn't buy her for a range gun, but as a nice, easy to conceal pocket pistol. It's very snappy and not comfortable but at under $300 I can't complain.

I got rid of my auto pistols a few years back and went to revolvers, all S&W.

They are foolproof and dependable for either myself or the Mermaid. All my handguns are on her permit also. When you pull the trigger they go BANG every time, unless you forget to LOAD them..hehehe..

I find the J frame snubs very concealable.

Auto pistols ARE cool, though, especially the classics like the 1911 and Walther PP series.

I never could warm up to the new breed polymer guns like the Glocks and similar models.

I have a Ruger LCP .380 with a Crimson Talon lazer . If someone attacks me , I hope it's in low light as the red dot is almost impossible to see in bright daylight . 

Withe the 6 shot magazine I can have 6 in the mag and one in the chamber . With my 7 shot clip I can have 7 in the mag and one in the chamber . No sense in carrying it without a round in the chamber . 

I got rid of my auto pistols a few years back and went to revolvers, all S&W.

They are foolproof and dependable for either myself or the Mermaid. All my handguns are on her permit also. When you pull the trigger they go BANG every time, unless you forget to LOAD them..hehehe..

I find the J frame snubs very concealable.

Auto pistols ARE cool, though, especially the classics like the 1911 and Walther PP series.

I never could warm up to the new breed polymer guns like the Glocks and similar models.

post-1863-0-51680200-1460658943_thumb.jp

I love Smith revolvers, I have a few. The only J frame I own is this nickel plated 49. I carry it when I wear my fedora and wing tips…LOL!!!

• Like 2

Years ago, I had a S&W .22 revolver, model 17? Anyways, the timing was off and the hammer was hitting in between the chambers against the metal cylinder. First the hammer broke off, then the internals fell apart. Took it in to get fixed and promptly sold it off!! Never again would I ever go with a S&W gun. If that happens to their .22's, what would happen to a .38. .357, or a .44 mag? Ruger is hell bent for strong and takes a licking and keeps ticking. Sticking with what works for me.

Years ago, I had a S&W .22 revolver, model 17? Anyways, the timing was off and the hammer was hitting in between the chambers against the metal cylinder. First the hammer broke off, then the internals fell apart. Took it in to get fixed and promptly sold it off!! Never again would I ever go with a S&W gun. If that happens to their .22's, what would happen to a .38. .357, or a .44 mag? Ruger is hell bent for strong and takes a licking and keeps ticking. Sticking with what works for me.

Getting a bad S&W, especially an older revolver, is rare. But I can understand you being turned off by them, after that deal. I have owned a few Ruger revolvers and currently own a GP 100 .357. Ruger all steel revolvers are freaking tanks. I want a GP 101, but I may have to liquidate first  to make room.

Been seriously thinking of this exact gun or the Ruger LCR in .357

For carry, the LC9S is awesome. Its real thin and real light. It carries very nice. The LCR'S are great too, but still thicker because of the cylinder. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

we are authorized the Glock 43 or the LCP..... no Bodyguards.  They can be flaky on the first squeeze.  There is a document account where a Texas Trooper off duty buying food at a gas station in Galveston found himself in the middle of a robbery.  He pulled a Bodyguard out of his pocket tried to stop the robbery, it turned into a firefight.  His first round was a misfire, he was able to duck behind a display, clear the misfire, re-engage and kill the misunderstood college dropout.  Video in the store cleared the cop, and the clerk backed the story.... so no harm, no foul.  When the Texas State CSU team checked the gun all seemed okay, the cleared round had a very light strike on the primer.  They subsequently fired the round later that day in the same gun it misfired in.  There are other accounts out there like that.  I carry an LCP in my pocket at all times!!!!

Getting a bad S&W, especially an older revolver, is rare. But I can understand you being turned off by them, after that deal. I have owned a few Ruger revolvers and currently own a GP 100 .357. Ruger all steel revolvers are freaking tanks. I want a GP 101, but I may have to liquidate first  to make room.

I have and carry (often)  a Ruger SP101. It is a tank and .357 mag will do the trick... I assume.

• Like 1

For carry, the LC9S is awesome. Its real thin and real light. It carries very nice. The LCR'S are great too, but still thicker because of the cylinder. 

tinkering with the idea of the LC9S  Bagged the LCP idea.   Is it close to pocket stuffable ?  I'm a little deep in 9mm Speer Gold Dot ammo. Heard the 357 version is NOT so much fun to shoot.

Nothing wrong with snubbies. I've had a Taurus concealed hammer mod. 85 since they first came out , and pocket carried it for years. It's been rock solid and I've put tons of rounds through it .

Recently I took off the boot grips, added a larger Houge grip and gave it to our daughter . For a newer or causal shooter revolvers have a lot going for them . One has to mean to,pull the trigger for it to go off,yes she understands trigger discipline but we're both comfortable with the choice .

• 1 month later...