Dang Tick!

DirtTime

Went for a hike yesterday with a buddy. Checked for ticks when we left the woods and neither of us found anything. I get up this morning, hit the shower and feel something on my stomach. I have the g/f check ( I am a chubby guy and with now full length mirror I couldn't see it ). Sure enough it was a frikin' tick. She gets the tool we have and removes it.

Never had a tick latch on before.

Anybody not catch one of these suckers till the next day?

Went for a hike yesterday with a buddy. Checked for ticks when we left the woods and neither of us found anything. I get up this morning, hit the shower and feel something on my stomach. I have the g/f check ( I am a chubby guy and with now full length mirror I couldn't see it ). Sure enough it was a frikin' tick. She gets the tool we have and removes it.

Never had a tick latch on before.

Anybody not catch one of these suckers till the next day?

Did you want to say all of that?
  • Like 1

that was meant for .....Rob and his graphic description.

What was graphic? LMAO!

No, I didn't think about taking a picture either. To be honest, it scares me that you want to see a pic of my naked belly jjb. Seriously, it scares me.

:huh:

• Like 1

Around where I live if you pull a tick off its straight to the Dr's for a test and drugs .

If you wait to see a bullseye its way to late , my DR. Wouldn't let me wait over night to come in.

Yeah, my g/f called everyone in both are families and I am getting the same thing. They all say call the doc and get in just to be safe. So I will go in tomorrow. 

i've never gone to the Dr. for it but i've always caught them same day.  within 24 hours is pretty safe but i've never had one at all deep.  whenever i'm out i always watch for them.  found them crawling on me or something later.  have had maybe a handful freshly latched on.  definitely understand going to Dr though.  father in law is seeing effects real bad this past year or so from a bite.  didn't even have one on him.  just a bite mark.

A couple of years back I had one on for a couple of days.  I thought I checked every where but apparently not.  Then one night, I had an itch at the bottom of my family jewels and felt a bump.  The thing was the size of a corn kernel.

A couple of years back I had one on for a couple of days. I thought I checked every where but apparently not. Then one night, I had an itch at the bottom of my family jewels and felt a bump. The thing was the size of a corn kernel.

please nobody ask for a pic !!!! ???? I think I'd faint like the kid in Stand By Me that had the leach stuck there

We all need to check ourselves when we leave the woods and again when we get home. Often they can be on your clothes or in your car and not attach until several days later. I treated the seats of my car with permethrin every three months, spring, summer, and fall, I am always careful with the clothes I wore afield so as to not get ticks on my couch or house.

Rob, mine was dead center below the belly button join the club! 

• Like 1

I called the doc first thing this morning, just to be safe. I told her it had to be removed with the tool and not just flicked off,  and that it was less then 24 hours but would rather stay on the pro-active side of the issue. Nurse said I didn't need to go in but to keep and eye open for symptoms.