Pulled venison in the crock pot.

Also recently put a roast in the crockpot over night. It was tied together with twine. I pulled the twine in the morning and the meat just fell off and thru the twine. So crazy tender. Also visited Sweet baby rays BBQ sauce. Believe I rubbed the roast with coffee pork rub first and added just a splash of water into crock pot

• Like 2

Just tooling around on the web I saw a few recipes adding 1-2 cups of water which I do but they added worchestshire ( I'll spell it right some day ) garlic, salt, pepper and a BEER in lieu of the water.

Like Paula said. slaw is a must

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

Although this will be of no use for you First-light....I like to can it and make it that way...more work on the front end, but easy on the back end as it just needs to be warmed up in a skillet with whatever bbq sauce that you like.  Takes all of 5 minutes.  +3 on the slaw....

• Like 2

I 've done the venison roast in the crock pot, I believe I got the recipe from someone on this site? I slice an onion and place it on the bottom of the crock pot. take the roast and do a dry rub (I use Dine BBQ dry rub) Place in crock pot and add water to just cover, set on high for 8 hours. I pull the roast drain most of the liquid, pull the roast apart place back in crock pot and add Sweet baby Ray's sweet and Spicy. goes great on rolls I add Bread and Butter pickles in lieu of slaw.

• Like 1

Dry rub the roast with Bucks BBQ seasoning. The stick it in the crock pot, add 1/2 can of beer and let it go for 6-7 hours. Pull the roast apart, add BBQ sauce, (I like sweet baby Rays or Stubbs) let it all sit for about 45 mins on low. Drink the remaining 1/2 can of beer or the roast will come out like crap..

• Like 1

few different ways i do it.  I steep it in the crock pot with Brown's Cherry Raz ale beer (beer that's just as it sounds) then I mix it in with a smoky brown sugar variety bbq sauce after you pull it.  little goes a long way.  I've used other bbq dry rubs and let it sit in the fridge a while first then use a more of a hoppy beer (I've used Sam Adams Noble Pilsner).  then I've also made it with Bud Light Lime-a-rita and dinosaur bbq wango tango habanero bbq.  also add some dry heat (seasoning) to it.  the bbq sauce isn't really that hot.  all of them came out good.  hard to screw up beer bbq and venison.

• Like 2

I make that all the time. Put a good rub on it, throw an onion (halved) in the bottom of the crock pot and let it go for the day. I usually start it when I leave for work and shred it apart when I get home. Sometimes Ill put some BBQ sauce on it, but lately Ive just been doing the rub and a little bit of liquid smoke, then add the BBQ sauce when its on the sandwich or plate.

• Like 1