Climate Change Meeting

fasteddie

Below is a statement from a leading voice in debunking climate change theorists.  Senator James Inhofe:

“we keep hearing that 2014 has been the warmest year on record.” Yet in a plastic bag, right on his desk, he had the evidence to demolish that claim. “I ask the chair, you know what this is?” he said. “It’s a snowball, and that’s just from outside here, so it’s very, very cold out, very unseasonable.”

Edited by diplomat019

The fact that these people used to call it "Global Warming" and are now calling it "Climate Change" proves they are all full of crap.

The climate has been changing since the beginning on this earth.  Why do you think they call it "Man Made Climate Change"?  Because they made it all up.  It's a global wealth distribution scheme, not any type of climate repair policy.

Every country in the world could spend hundreds of billions, and destroy all of their economic prospects for the future, and the climate wouldn't improve enough to make even the smallest impact.  That's more of a threat to mankind's future than anything the climate will ever do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea whether this global climate change or whatever is legit. I am not trained in that area of expertise just like no one else here likely is. All I know is that if you offer enough grant money, you will have no problem finding all kinds of scientists that will prove whatever agenda item that you have. Sometimes I think the more outrageous the findings that these researchers can concoct, the higher their grant money grows with the next year's funded study. It seems that no matter what the findings from the "experts", you will have another group of equally credible and qualified "experts" on the other side of the aisle with exactly opposing "guaranteed" findings. So are manmade climate changes a reality? Who the heck knows? Take your pick of what "experts" you have a need or desire to believe.

• Like 2

I have no idea whether this global climate change or whatever is legit. I am not trained in that area of expertise just like no one else here likely is. 

absolutely.   so if 97% of our scientists say this is an issue, wouldn't that be enough for someone?  

thats like being told by 97% of your doctors that you had cancer and went off and said "these doctors are part of a hoax.  I had 97 tell me I had cancer but 3 said I didn't.  I am going to pass on chemo because 3 said I was ok"

• Like 1

The real problem with this 'climate change' hysteria lies in the proposed solutions, all of which will lead to permanent destruction of the manufacturing base and a loss of sovereignty for the U.S.A.

Every single bit of "good" that might be done by the U.S. will be negated by the growth activities of other countries, and all at the expense of our nation. It's unacceptable, except to the very few who will rule over, and profit from, the new "global" economy.

I'm not buying into it.

• Like 1

Every single bit of "good" that might be done by the U.S. will be negated by the growth activities of other countries, and all at the expense of our nation.

I can see that perspective. Like if we are the only country to take steps and nobody else does we aren't going to make a dent. I get it. But thats like saying "well if everyone else is doing it why should i stop" We teach our kids to be leaders and not followers. The right thing isnt always the popular thing. So why shouldnt we as a nation be the leaders?

If you think man made climate change is a hoax then stick with it and argue your case. Otherwise to say "well we cant make a difference " is foolish.

It's a proven scientific fact that the earh cools, and ice packs will extend from the poles. The the earth will warm and the ice packs will recede. Been happening for millions and millions of years here on planet earth. Nothing new to worry about!

• Like 3

It's a proven scientific fact that the earh cools, and ice packs will extend from the poles. The the earth will warm and the ice packs will recede. Been happening for millions and millions of years here on planet earth. Nothing new to worry about!

100 percent right! The only issue is that were supposed to be in a cooling cycle where ice is expanding the poles, instead of loosing ice like we have been. Look up Milankovic cycles. 

We teach our kids to be leaders and not followers. The right thing isnt always the popular thing. So why shouldnt we as a nation be the leaders?

First it must be proven it's the right thing to do.  Then it must be proven the solution isn't worse than the problem.

What good is leadership in the world if it's only taking us over the cliff to our own demise first?

As an aside, the 97% of scientists figure is pure propaganda.  In reality 97% of scientists paid to do studies only think we are experiencing climate change.  They don't all agree it's man made and 3% don't even believe we are experiencing climate change at all.  At one time 100% of scientists thought the earth was flat.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 2

If you think man made climate change is a hoax then stick with it and argue your case. Otherwise to say "well we cant make a difference " is foolish.

I'm trying to 'make a difference'. We, as a nation, are being played. I'd like to see that stopped.

Every bit of 'evidence' provided by the supporters of AGW is and has always been based on computer models, every one of which has been absolutely wrong for over thirty years. I don't consider that science.

I have a friend who did much of the coding and programming for some of those computer models in the late 1980's and early 1990's, and he was at every turn told to make the model fit the expectation rather than the data. I don't consider that 'science' either.

This thread is going to be in the "Politics and Religion" section before long, because that's exactly what it is, and where it belongs.

• Like 2