The End of Hunting and shooting sports for Kids

JimMac

if you think this need to be in politics then move it ..  I just think it need to be here .. every one needs to see this

and wake up and fight ...

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016, two Democratic legislators introduced another gun control bill – this time, to effectively end all youth shooting sports and hunting programs in the United States.

http://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2016/07/13/latest-gun-control-legislation-takes-aim-children-reveals-sinister-truth/

Are they classifying a Ruger 10/.22 or Remmy 1100 under "assault weapons or machine guns?" I didn't read it as such. My daughter doesn't hunt nor own an AR platform so not getting how this effects her the way I'm reading it

Edited by turkeyfeathers

I've been reading more and more news articles lately in which "assault" rifles are being considered such solely for being semi auto.

I've also seen a few times that a bolt rifle is called a "long range sniper rifle" because it has a scope. 

The anti crowd is refining their control of the narrative.

• Like 1

I've been reading more and more news articles lately in which "assault" rifles are being considered such solely for being semi auto.

I've also seen a few times that a bolt rifle is called a "long range sniper rifle" because it has a scope. 

The anti crowd is refining their control of the narrative.

that's the scary part....keep chipping away until it's gone.

• Like 2

I looked up who these two clowns are I didn’t know if they were NY  legislators or not. There bills at this time won’t even make it out of committee in ether the house or senate. But after Novembers elections they could so everyone needs to vote.

• Like 1

I don't believe this legislation would have any real-life affect. Kids today simply have no interest/desire to hunt/shoot. As the numbers show less and less adults are hunting and with the declining number of adults afield kids today are no longer being exposed to either sport. On a personal note in the year plus I have been a member of the local gun range expect for the times my daughter has come with me I have only one other time seen a kid there shooting. The facts are the facts, the hunting and shooting sports are declining due to a number of reasons, with lack of places to shoot/hunt and a lack of interest I believe leading the way. Besides what I just noted kids today simply do not go outside, their entire lives are made up of virtual play. On not a single day can you find a single kid outside riding their bike or playing, times have changed, and with that in mind I soon will be driving Child of Redneck to the mall, back in the day when me and my friends wanted to go to our local mall we rode our bikes there, I told Redneck Child this and I was met with an unbelieving blank stare. Yep times are different, but on the positive side I guess today's kids can do all the shooting and hunting they want online, that sure beats sitting outside freezing in the real world!

Edited by Uptown Redneck

Are they classifying a Ruger 10/.22 or Remmy 1100 under "assault weapons or machine guns?" I didn't read it as such. My daughter doesn't hunt nor own an AR platform so not getting how this effects her the way I'm reading it

many aftermarket stocks on her Ruger 10/22 would make it an assault weapon per the NYSafeAct.  it's still the same gun but it wouldn't matter.  see the issue?  Also nationally anyone ant-guns has the intention to define assault weapons as more semi-auto firearms in general than just an AR style platform.  Hindsight of the NYSafeAct and similar laws passed in other states.

yes it sucks, don't we already pretty much have that in NY with the Safe Act?

you can pass it on to immediate family only under the NYSafeAct.  this is worse in that if your kids are under 16 yrs old they don't get it and it gets destroyed.  AR15's being modular, adjustable, and recoiling very little are among the perfect guns to pass down to youth to get them involved in shooting sports.  even under supervision a youth has little immediate use for say your belted mag deer rifle.

I don't believe this legislation would have any real-life affect. Kids today simply have no interest/desire to hunt/shoot. As the numbers show less and less adults are hunting and with the declining number of adults afield kids today are no longer being exposed to either sport. On a personal note in the year plus I have been a member of the local gun range expect for the times my daughter has come with me I have only one other time seen a kid there shooting. The facts are the facts, the hunting and shooting sports are declining due to a number of reasons, with lack of places to shoot/hunt and a lack of interest I believe leading the way. Besides what I just noted kids today simply do not go outside, their entire lives are made up of virtual play. On not a single day can you find a single kid outside riding their bike or playing, times have changed, and with that in mind I soon will be driving Child of Redneck to the mall, back in the day when me and my friends wanted to go to our local mall we rode our bikes there, I told Redneck Child this and I was met with an unbelieving blank stare. Yep times are different, but on the positive side I guess today's kids can do all the shooting and hunting they want online, that sure beats sitting outside freezing in the real world!

Idk where you are but this part of state (s.tier) kids are very active in shooting a few schools have legit archery teams and a few have skeet shooting teams with shotguns...hunting courses are almost impossible to get into. Down here most don't go to ranges so that's hard to see but instead take their bb guns outside to shoot. More gun grabbing liberals are in the city's that may skew your perception...even the trapping community is growing faster than I have ever seen in my lifetime. I don't think kids sit on couch and play games bc they want to I think it's bc parents dont make them go outside...my kids get 1 hr of TV a day 0 video games and come and go outside as they please it's not the kids fault it's the parents that allow it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 1

...if you told me in-person practically all the stuff you type on here I'd look at you with a blank stare too.  I do think it's awesome you brought her to the range though.  I hope she shot a firearm and wasn't banished to a chair to get bored and disinterested.  I think adults are so out of touch with being outside that they don't properly expose their kids to the fun in the outdoors that could be had.  it's as if they open the door, point outside, and say "go do something".  kid doesn't have any idea what to do that quickly comes to mind so they have no interest to be outside.  hell give any subtle hint of going outside and my daughter who's a toddler will run to the door and rattle off half a dozen words/reasons she wants to go out.  she's 2 so if it doesn't happen a meltdown is imminent.  if I didn't expose her to those reasons she wouldn't want to go outside.

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Like 1

many aftermarket stocks on her Ruger 10/22 would make it an assault weapon per the NYSafeAct. it's still the same gun but it wouldn't matter. see the issue? Also nationally anyone ant-guns has the intention to define assault weapons as more semi-auto firearms in general than just an AR style platform. Hindsight of the NYSafeAct and similar laws passed in other states.

its a non modified straight from the box NYS compliant Apparently I'm missing the point

...if you told me in-person practically all the stuff you type on here I'd look at you with a blank stare too. I do think it's awesome you brought her to the range though. I hope she shot a firearm and wasn't banished to a chair to get bored and disinterested. I think adults are so out of touch with being outside that they don't properly expose their kids to the fun in the outdoors that could be had. it's as if they open the door, point outside, and say "go do something". kid doesn't have any idea what to do that quickly comes to mind so they have no interest to be outside. hell give any subtle hint of going outside and my daughter who's a toddler will run to the door and rattle off half a dozen words/reasons she wants to go out. she's 2 so if it doesn't happen a meltdown is imminent. if I didn't expose her to those reasons she wouldn't want to go outside.

Lol mine are 3 and 5 and 3 yr old runs out even if I'm just letting Dog out

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

its a non modified straight from the box NYS compliant Apparently I'm missing the point

accessories are prevalent for the Ruger 10/22.  Law referred to in the original post isn't just a law intended for NY it seems.  Ruger 10/22 rifles, that by NY definition are assault rifles, are out there in the rest of the country.  kids elsewhere wouldn't be allowed to use them due to a technicality.  its the same gun.  yea your daughter is ok but someone else's daughter is out of luck.

Both of my girls have been shooting air rifles since 10 yr old and .22 and .410 since about 15 yr old. At 20 yr old they both occasionally join me at skeet with 20 ga.

If you don't come to the table to discuss and craft sensible laws when the people demand them you will be force fed unreasonable and onerous laws.

• Like 1

I teach hunter ed. Kids, young girls and women make up a pretty high percentage of students. In fact the girls especially need the semis

Perhaps the lack of interest I see is because of where I live

My daughter does enjoy shooting and she does quite well, however I know she will never take up hunting because even through she does enjoy shooting she has zero interest in going hunting, I know because I asked.

Edited by Uptown Redneck

Perhaps the lack of interest I see is because of where I live

My daughter does enjoy shooting and she does quite well, however I know she will never take up hunting because even through she does enjoy shooting she has zero interest in going hunting, I know because I asked.

nothing wrong with her not wanted to hunting.  if she likes shooting i'd run with it.  never know.  she could be the next corey cogdell.

• Like 1

Both of my girls have been shooting air rifles since 10 yr old and .22 and .410 since about 15 yr old. At 20 yr old they both occasionally join me at skeet with 20 ga.

If you don't come to the table to discuss and craft sensible laws when the people demand them you will be force fed unreasonable and onerous laws.

discuss and craft sensible laws or strengthen the ones that are there most are for.  it's laws like the NYSafeAct that have some good stuff in it but are overwhelmed by a bunch of useless BS that doesn't work.  your last statement is just plain one sided ignorance.  discussions at the table over and over again.  problem is anti-gun people or those that could care less about the continuous watering down of the 2nd amendment get more than greedy or accept it as if there's no other way but to limit or restrict gun ownership.  other side is growing tired of the strain on their rights.  if we passed groundbreaking laws today that got incredible results to make the majority happy, we'd still have a horrific event tomorrow and people jumping ship to shout it wasn't enough.

• Like 1

Naturally, because of the opportunities, more rural kids will get into hunting and shooting. It takes the hunting fire in the belly of urban kids and more resources to make it a reality for them. But if the drive is there and perhaps a mentor to help things along, any kid can make it happen. And become a darn good hunter - outdoorsman.